Jump to content

Class 6a south 2026


Vott
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Lastchance18 said:

Look out for Terry in 6A. They have loaded the wagon. Could make some noise. 

I’ve been hearing a lot about them the last few weeks. Hopefully their fan support has improved since the last time I paid Terry any attention 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dubaction said:

I’ve been hearing a lot about them the last few weeks. Hopefully their fan support has improved since the last time I paid Terry any attention 

Not really. Their fan support comes from the band. Hattiesburg played them last yr for senior night. What started out as a packed house turned into a light turnout after seniors were announced and a really really light turnout after halftime was over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2026 at 5:33 AM, Lastchance18 said:

Look out for Terry in 6A. They have loaded the wagon. Could make some noise. 

I still don't get why they didn't give the ball to that RB they had last year 30-35 time a game. He was going to get at least one first down every drive and they would stop giving it to him. All the while they would be falling behind on the scoreboard.

Kid was a freaking animal running the football

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Their still moving out of South Jackson which helps Terry and Florence. I here Florence has a 500 family waiting list. If it's true Florence will be 7A someday. Maybe 6A if they move into the McLaurin zone. My guess is Jackson schools will continue to shrink in class not necessarily in number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Rebel Bert said:

Their still moving out of South Jackson which helps Terry and Florence. I here Florence has a 500 family waiting list. If it's true Florence will be 7A someday. Maybe 6A if they move into the McLaurin zone. My guess is Jackson schools will continue to shrink in class not necessarily in number.

Shouldn't it also be helping Richland 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2026 at 10:05 PM, Vott said:

Gotta put west jones in there

 

I hope so. Not sure if West will have all the "horses" needed, but I know that Coach Pierson will maximize

what he has to work with. In the 20+ plus years he was there before the 2 year break, I witnessed many, many

wins that were not because West Jones had the better team. The other team was just out coached, out played,   

and out schemed.  2008 was a re-building year, West went 3-3 in region, snuck in the playoffs, and somehow

managed to win 3 games, before falling to the eventual state champs D'Iberville at South State.

  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2026 at 3:09 PM, David44 said:

 

I hope so. Not sure if West will have all the "horses" needed, but I know that Coach Pierson will maximize

what he has to work with. In the 20+ plus years he was there before the 2 year break, I witnessed many, many

wins that were not because West Jones had the better team. The other team was just out coached, out played,   

and out schemed.  2008 was a re-building year, West went 3-3 in region, snuck in the playoffs, and somehow

managed to win 3 games, before falling to the eventual state champs D'Iberville at South State.

  

 


D’Iberville lost the 08 champ game to noxubee county. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Congrats to Long Beach. After 1 game of region play region 4 has pretty much been turned upside down compared to past years. If last night was any indication on how the rest of region play is going to go, get ready to sort out a lot of tiebreakers and point differentials to determine seedings and who gets in. As for the two games played in region 3 last night Hattiesburg did what everyone else will do and made quick work of Jim Hill. And I thought George Co was going to have the biggest upset in the state last night until a late West Jones TD gave them a narrow win. Terry and Forest Hill play tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, coastfootballfanman said:

Despite the outcomes overall, I still believe Picayune, PRC, Gautier and Pascagoula are good enough to win the region and Hancock and Long Beach are showing they are good enough to throw wrenches in things. Shoot, who is to say they cannot win it either? 

I’ve said before, but if Hancock gets some defense they can definitely make some noise.  I certainly think they would make the playoffs over Gautier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well after losing to Long Beach I can understand that thought. I heard Long Beach did a great job of keeping Gautier’a offense off the field with long, time consuming drives and forcing Gautier to have to take advantage of minimal possessions. Sometimes the better team doesn’t always win, (look at you guys at PRC last year). I honestly believe the region race will not be settled until the final week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, coastfootballfanman said:

Well after losing to Long Beach I can understand that thought. I heard Long Beach did a great job of keeping Gautier’a offense off the field with long, time consuming drives and forcing Gautier to have to take advantage of minimal possessions. Sometimes the better team doesn’t always win, (look at you guys at PRC last year). I honestly believe the region race will not be settled until the final week. 

I agree. In saying that, on tiebreakers I know you can only get a 12pt max win to keep teams from running up the score. So I would for sure try to get a 12pt win or more as much as i could. Even if up by 9 I would either try to score a FG or TD in the last seconds of the game if possible. You never how much you will need on a tiebreaker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, coastfootballfanman said:

Despite the outcomes overall, I still believe Picayune, PRC, Gautier and Pascagoula are good enough to win the region and Hancock and Long Beach are showing they are good enough to throw wrenches in things. Shoot, who is to say they cannot win it either? 


I’ll be surprised is Pascagoula is in the playoffs.  This team is trending downward and it’s troubling.

 

I was hoping for improvement as the season progressed but the opposite is occurring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...