Jump to content

slicklizard

Members
  • Posts

    1,303
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    81

Everything posted by slicklizard

  1. Louisiana . Carroll Parish . They shut their whole program down until next season for a fight that happened two weeks ago.
  2. Some school and it's coaches can't play for the rest of the season for something that happened here in LA. A local coach told me earlier in the gym.
  3. Good catch David on that laurel game . They are about to get made an example of over there.
  4. Louisville at Kosciusko Laurel @ Brookhaven -‘iDK why but it’s been stuck on my mind for weeks its in Laurel Oak Grove at Petal Pascagoula at Picayune- hard one Who wins these games ? I don't care about the why. Just the winner. I know there has to be other intriguing games around the state. Put them in here and see who the board thinks will come out on top Louisville Brookhaven Oak Grove Pascagoula - going against history
  5. Line of people getting their boats out of the water or I wouldn't even know anything had formed. Late season storms are usually raw as hell in the direct path.
  6. Any of ya'll get early access to the punishment get it in here . I am interested in knowing what direction they take.
  7. Moved up to Thursday. Stone has been doing a bad job as the district leader. WC thinks they can do better . The first step is putting Stone County out to pasture. After that the rest will fall in line. Interested to see what the defense has been doing for two weeks.
  8. It needs to be. Taunting is at the root of dam near all of this. Their action needs to be public and highly vivsible. Going to the opponents sideline right after the horn has sounded talking smack is a recipe for disaster. The environment is already charged. I blame the DOE to a large degree for not already coming up with harsh deterrents. It's been happening for a few years now and is escalating.
  9. I think they will only improve from here. People underestimate the damage a coach who can't initiate a strong culture can do in a short period of time. Pierson had a lot to do internally out of the public eye. He's starting to get it right at the time he planned on
  10. Do they have to make a decision on the punishments before Friday ?
  11. Shouldn’t the schools or MS dept of education be involved in upholding a condict standard as opposed to the MHSAA who have no control over the employees of a district . People don’t listen until you involve a paycheck
  12. I don't think it will determine who wins the region but it will put the winner in the playoffs barring a collapse. Pascagoula 's defense is going to give the spread teams in the region fits and if the spread team isn't strong on defense will likely beat them.
  13. New title same thought provoking format Slight name change again to be more reflective of the content intended for the topics within. I always wanted it to be more akin to a busy barber shop than a boring blog. It needs North content but I’m sure Bocephus will have a little time to add some tidbits at some point. If you are going to get bent out of shape about an answer to a question you might ask this might not be the thread for you.. It’s a good bit so if there is grammatical errors that leave a point unclear point it out. The other side of our sport There’s no way I would be a high school football coach or I guess any coach at high school level for that matter. No matter the expectations the first time you lose you have failed. And in the eyes of many in the current environment that we live in, you are not worthy to have that job anymore. If you get forced out, you don’t have a buyout like the millionaires at the next level. Rather you have to move and take on the expense of doing it. I know more than anyone that some aren’t coaching material and need to be sorted out, but there needs to be some remedy for that position because it carries more risk of being terminated than being in the classroom does. A few thoughts as region play gets cranked up. How do ya’ll feel about going into your region games ? Happy, Confident , Waiting on the playoffs ? This week there are so many good opening games I haven’t kept up with what’s the expectation levels. Maybe discuss what your gut tells you is going to happen Wayne County hasn’t really won a game. Winfield but I don’t really count that. And two of the games they missed a two point conversion that would have won with virtually no time on the clock. The glaring loss was the second week in a row that they had to ride to Jackson and they faced Northwestst Rankin . Unforced turnovers and penalties in the red zone pretty much derailed that one in the first quarter. They were right there with West Jones too at the end. So I am hopeful, the same as I was before they played the first game. I told someone ,not naming names , they know who they are , that West Jones wos my favorite for the south title after they lost the laurel . They didn’t agree. I stand by that. No crow Bo’s Crow It’s a good time to go ahead and eat this one. My friend Bo and I disagreed about Morgan being a viable coach at Starkville. I prefer to let sleeping dogs lie on how he got there. Starkville is a legit contender already and that’s saying a lot on where they were last year. I judged that incorrectly eSo I’m eating it. The important thing is to be man enough to admit you seen things wrong and move on. It’s not something I eat a lot but I have had it. Tib and I ate it a couple of times together served by Tony Vance. Quite possibly the worst . I don’t even know if it was crow it was so terrible. NIL problem In a text the other night watching Poplarville I remarked to Wareaglefan that this time next season Ty Ketes would be a millionaire . He joked back and said he probably already is. Instantly I though why is someone like him even playing ? He’s one step away from seeing it vanish. It’s horrible to think about but it’s a valid question . There are a whole lot of problems for HS football we haven’t even thought about with all this money being thrown around. The cream of the crop are going to start skipping parts of seasons or whole seasons entirely to minimize risk. Sadly there is nothing anyone can do to avoid it. The whole HS scene is disappearing rapidly. I never saw this coming ten years ago. Fighting The MHSAA has to come down hard on these schools that are involved in it. Look into it thoroughly and hammer the ones who initiate it. These games have to kept safe and having an angry mob of people is a dangerous thing. Start with suspensions and go from there. I didn’t really discuss any games here this week . I would like to see some of the the results of these region openers before diving in. Although if anyone wants to drop in intrigue about one feel free. Waiting on this Friday.
  14. You can't say everything has went Petal's way after tonight. They had to take the game back twice and responded. That defense though oof. WJ had them with their tongue s hanging out but just didn't have the running game to finish. The game swung on Lindsey having to throw when Pierson didn't want to but had to do it.
  15. You can't really refute it. I was never a fan of Vance's antics but just because of that doesn't mean he can't coach. I asked about it in the opening and got an answer. I don't know about it's validity but it's how I imagined it would be. Neither really were at fault but were goaded into it all week . Both came in expecting a bum rush. He said she said. Vance has got Meridian on the come up. They are scoring some points and Vance is going to have a defense always. Just bring the same intensity against Petal. Meridian deserves to win that and Petal deserves to lose just leave it at that. That's one I'm circling . Hattiesburg on the other hand has never really got on their feet so far with district looming.
  16. I want to bring a buddy from Mcomb on the cast with me if that's okay. By the time there is an open time slot the inquiry will be concluded . You can take that to the bank. So go ahead and pencil us in. Speaking of banks we will need to be compensated for any uptick you have in traffic.
  17. Maybe i will call into your podcast and give you that . I have to go by and the district office first
  18. The one good thing that’s coming out of our little exchange. After some introspection I don’t think the name of it depicts it well . I didn’t like it when i put it together but it’s all i could come up with. i am going to name it after talking in a barber shop. That’s more what it is and what the name should convey
  19. Bring every item of rain gear you have this evening. Don’t get your head wet by rain it will make you sick this time of year
  20. You tell Leroy Robinson I will buy him a shrimp po boy if we ever crossed paths, Man hustled to make it through the game.
  21. I've never seen Keyes play live before. I'm going to do it. He will be playing on the weekend real soon . He makes it look easy
  22. I could see West and Petal not even playing. Petal hasn't face any adversity so far this season. Every, bounce, penalty and lightning strike has went in their favor. I don't know how much longer Marcus can scheme around their defensive deficiency though. The situation is coming where the offense will be stymied and it's going to hurt in these games coming up .
  23. He will come to his senses I'm sure . This almost looks personal
  24. Yes mostly jargon. Powerful jargon though people like reading it podcast man. Well mostly jargon except the part about arbitration I guess that means lawyers, you skipped right past it. You don't need to answer that though I already know. Another part you must have overlooked I would like to know if ya'll letting people off the street just go in and see where kids live. You brought it up. Honest answer about the underclassmen in grade school. I don't believe you . It may be true but it's a little too perfect for the situation . Most of us down here only see a few words in the news about the Tupelo situation. I would like to know who put them on you guys, MHSAA don't just show up and start snooping around. Somebody sang and sang good for them to get off their arse and even look. It was the same with Brandon too back in the summer. Someone was watching and delivered the goods. More honesty if you wan't to drop in my threads and promote your podcast alright . It really feels like you and them bunker dudes hyping their whatever they are doing is a little to pushy for my taste . We start this review thread lo and behold a few days here they come with one that went nowhere . Then first response in this one you hyping another one. It's fine if you don't answer those questions . This thread needs to start fading away to get ready for new stuff tomorrow. I can tell I struck a nerve bashing Tupelo . If it's caused you any stress I apologize but also I can't say I won' t bring them up again either.
×
×
  • Create New...