Reclassification Could Occur As Soon as This Fall (22-23)

TK_on_the_Coast

5 hours ago, Chunky6617 said:

So if East Marion would have been the smallest 2A, who would have been the largest 1A? Because that’s who will have to take their spot since they are consolidating with West Marion

Myrtle has the largest 1A. The consolidation will make Marion County 4A. Then Amory had the smallest 4A. Moss Point has an extremely low 8th grade class. That will put Raleigh in Region 8. Bay Springs coming back to 2A with a larger 8th grade class will possibly be Region 8, Raleigh Region 6. Bogue Chitto will replace Jefferson County who will move up. Right now I don't know why and which St Joe they are talking about unless they already know their coming back. Raleigh alumni is now their head coach at Madison. Possibly Riverside may have to come south.

14 hours ago, coastfootballfanman said:

Is it in this thread? 

I think there is potential for Pearl to be 7A and Natchez drop to 5A. Picayune and Brookhaven could move up to 6A. Of course this all hinges on what happens with all the other schools' numbers as well. Just because one school grows doesn't mean they're 100% moving up because other schools may grow as well. As of now (based on last count which you can't rely on)

South 6A could look like

Region 3- Petal, Hattiesburg, Pearl, Natchez, West Jones, and one of the JPS schools.

Region 4- George County, Pascagoula, Gautier, PRC, West Harrison, Long Beach. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrimsonUnit1988 said:

I think there is potential for Pearl to be 7A and Natchez drop to 5A. Picayune and Brookhaven could move up to 6A. Of course this all hinges on what happens with all the other schools' numbers as well. Just because one school grows doesn't mean they're 100% moving up because other schools may grow as well. As of now (based on last count which you can't rely on)

South 6A could look like

Region 3- Petal, Hattiesburg, Pearl, Natchez, West Jones, and one of the JPS schools.

Region 4- George County, Pascagoula, Gautier, PRC, West Harrison, Long Beach. 

Thank you for hijacking what i posted on page 5.  lol

• Haha 1

I am going to copy this and see how many I get right for class 6a next yr if these are the actual 24 schools. 

Region 1

Lewisburg, South Panola, Olive Branch, Center Hill, Saltillo, Lake Cormorant.

Region 2

Grenada, Neshoba Central, columbus , Greenville, Jim Hill, Callaway

Region 3

Petal, Pearl, Forest Hill Hattiesburg, West Jones, Natchez

Region 4

Pascagoula, West Harrison, George Co, Pearl River Central, Long Beach, Gautier.

The new 6a south got a little weaker losing the schools like Wayne Co, Picayune and Laurel and East Central.  Looking at Class 5a south that region is going to be very top heavy with the schools listed above. Also have to mention Brookhaven as well. 

11 hours ago, Rebel Bert said:

Myrtle has the largest 1A. The consolidation will make Marion County 4A. Then Amory had the smallest 4A. Moss Point has an extremely low 8th grade class. That will put Raleigh in Region 8. Bay Springs coming back to 2A with a larger 8th grade class will possibly be Region 8, Raleigh Region 6. Bogue Chitto will replace Jefferson County who will move up. Right now I don't know why and which St Joe they are talking about unless they already know their coming back. Raleigh alumni is now their head coach at Madison. Possibly Riverside may have to come south.

Even if bay springs moves up, I don’t think Raleigh goes to region 6. I think you would see the smith county and Jasper county schools in the same region. Mize, Raleigh, Bay Springs, Stringer, Heidelberg. Puckett will probably go with Pisgah and Pelahatchie 

Allegedly counting only 9 to 11 happened as part of the vote. I really don't think that will change much overall in who goes where but consolidations will of course. If Marion County proceeds as expected, their initial projected number will be lower than the two schools combined because frankly some families will go to private school, Columbia, or homeschool. I expect Simpson Academy to get larger after the merger of Magee and Mendenhall. 

3 minutes ago, MSSportsGuy said:

Allegedly counting only 9 to 11 happened as part of the vote. I really don't think that will change much overall in who goes where but consolidations will of course. If Marion County proceeds as expected, their initial projected number will be lower than the two schools combined because frankly some families will go to private school, Columbia, or homeschool. I expect Simpson Academy to get larger after the merger of Magee and Mendenhall. 

I doubt Simpson Academy gets much larger. People don’t want to pay that much money. You may see Puckett or Mize get larger.