Jump to content

Scores/Updates 10/2/26


s1nglewing
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Chunky6617 said:

I don’t know if Tville will win a game this year. Their best player has been hurt 

I think they will beat Resurrection. Richton is a winnable game for them as well. I expected them to not field a very good team this season, but I did not expect to see what I saw tonight. I figured they would at least have enough to compete with Stringer even with the injuries they are facing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Money05 said:

I think they will beat Resurrection. Richton is a winnable game for them as well. I expected them to not field a very good team this season, but I did not expect to see what I saw tonight. I figured they would at least have enough to compete with Stringer even with the injuries they are facing.

Taylorsville lost 18 seniors from last year, the first string and second string running backs are hurt,several lineman are also hurt! ,don't know if any will be able to play this year! They're playing a lot of young players! It's gonna be a tough year, but they do have a promising Jr high group  coming up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BigT said:

Taylorsville lost 18 seniors from last year, the first string and second string running backs are hurt,several lineman are also hurt! ,don't know if any will be able to play this year! They're playing a lot of young players! It's gonna be a tough year, but they do have a promising Jr high group  coming up!

They didn't get a single 1st down last night. That's rough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, s1nglewing said:

They didn't get a single 1st down last night. That's rough

Yea it is,gonna be a rough year if they don't get their starters back healthy and playing, i guess the only good thing was that came out of it was stringer won after 37 years! ( last win was 1989)  Congratulations to stringer! They deserved that win!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BigT said:

Taylorsville lost 18 seniors from last year, the first string and second string running backs are hurt,several lineman are also hurt! ,don't know if any will be able to play this year! They're playing a lot of young players! It's gonna be a tough year, but they do have a promising Jr high group  coming up!

I agree that the future could be promising assuming Tville continues to stay in 1A. They will never get back to where they were, but I believe that they can get back to contending as a heavyweight in 1A in the next few years.

 

This is Stringer’s year to make a run similar to Tville’s last year. They have 12-13 seniors who have learned how to taste glimpses of success the past few years. If Stringer is going to finally get over the hump under Brady and make a title run, this is the year. Last night was a good starting point whether Taylorsville is down or not.

Edited by Money05
Link to comment
Share on other sites

West Jones and Petal tied at 7 end of 1.  
 

WJ took opening drive 80 yards with backup qb, and a corner playing rb cause 1st not playing and 2nd off team this week.  
 

after petal punt pinned west inside 5 west went 3 and out had punt to 38 gave petal short field.  After that it’s been all 3-5 play drives then punts.  
 

west 2nd drive the didn’t have a qb dominated starter Tootie Lindsey playing but not sure how much he will. West down 3-4 starters on offense and just as many on defense and rotating a bunch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Petal scored to go up 14-7.  On kickoff a kid from petal throws 6-7 punches on a west player he threw down at mid field other players within 20 yards officials not looking.  Eventually they hit petal for unsportsmanlike but do not eject the kid. 
 

West drives for td to tie it 14-14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...