Jump to content

Bulldogs4

Members
  • Posts

    2,516
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    26

Everything posted by Bulldogs4

  1. For State, the health of the team is going to be a critical factor going forward. The Missouri and Bama games have taken a toll on us. If and this is a big IF, we get everyone back (with the exception of the season lost injuries) 80-90% healthy, I like our chances in a number of future games. Obviously, LSU & TX are losses barring some unforeseen upset. But the other 5 games are winnable with several of them being potential toss-up type games. As 83 mentioned, 8-4 would be a good season, 7-5 a bit disappointing.
  2. And add into that that penalties at crucial times as well. Bama still wins the game but we hurt ourselves severely with unforced errors between turnovers and penalties.
  3. KY with a two point conversion to win it. SCAR probably should have called a time out. They were confused on defense.
  4. I expected Missouri to win.Classic let down by a Florida team after two emotional games. OTOH, Missouri was licking its wounds after a very physical game at State. I was impressed by them. A bit surprised by the final score but it just goes show how good the SEC is. There are no gimme’s. And that puts the brakes on Florida for at least a week. Minnesota over Michigan. That win keeps gaining traction for State.
  5. The pass to Evans that was high and he ended up out of bounds was it. From that point on, State had no chance. And even if he caught that ball and we go on and score there, Bama still wins the game but it would have been much closer than 33 points.
  6. Too many mistakes. Kamario appears to be playing with too much adrenaline. Numerous overthrows today. Just a tough day overall. And give credit to Alabama. They were overall the better team and that is being reflected in the score.
  7. Bama @ State. On paper this game should be won by Bama. They are a better team across the board. State being at home is a plus, the fact that it has been three years since State played Bama means virtually every player is playing them with a clean slate. What happened previously has no bearing on this game. I think State is the hungrier team. All that to say, Bama probably wins 34-31 but I won’t be surprised if State comes out the victor. Florida-Missouri. I was impressed with Missouri’s physicality last Saturday. That was a very tough game against State. I actually like Missouri here. Florida is going to be flat after two emotional wins against Auburn & Ole Miss. Plus they have been hearing how good they are now. Missouri wins 27-21 in a lower scoring game than expected. Auburn @ Tennessee. I don’t think Auburn is really that good this year. They are improved and conventional wisdom says Texas is going to beat Tennessee twice. In this case, I don’t think so. Tennessee wins an ugly game 20-12. KY@SC. South Carolina rises from the 8 count for an improbable victory over KY. SC 28-KY 24. Vandy@Georgia. Georgia rolls over Vandy 30-14. USM @ Troy. USM seems to be trending better but Troy is usually tough at home. USM gives a valiant effort but comes up short. Troy 21-USM 19. Michigan@Minnesota. Interesting game and hopefully the Gophers win. Every game that they win benefits State. Minnesota wins against the cheating Wolverines 24-20.
  8. Wow what a game. Great comeback by Poplarville!!! Go Hornets!!!
  9. Weather could certainly play a factor in this game. Explosive plays could be limited on both sides. On paper, you would think this favors Alabama. Of course , a lot could happen between now and Saturday. We will see.
  10. I am actually glad that SEC Nation is coming to State Saturday. They are better than Game Day and after Saban’s remark about KT1, I have don’t have much left for him.
  11. The Bama game is going to be tough for State. We are banged up and they are good. But the fact that we have not played Alabama in three years means virtually everyone on the roster is playing them with a clean slate. DWS will be rocking. Obviously there will be a decent Bama crowd there. Finally I feel like we have a boxer’s chance against them. It will take a lot of points to win this game. Russell is a very good young QB similar to KT1. Maybe our defense and the crowd can get him rattled some during the game. Turnovers and special teams are going to play a pivotal role in the outcome of this game. We will see what happens.
  12. I have mentioned this before. Our defense is just so much better this year. Not perfect by any means but our tackling is light years better. Missouri was very physical and we were up to the task. Hate that we have so many injuries but unfortunately that is part of the travails of football.
  13. Well I was wrong about Florida. Obviously I knew they were better but I really felt like Ole Miss would find a way to win this game. Tough outing for Ole Miss. Tough loss for USM but I think you have to feel better about them. Had the lead in the fourth quarter just couldn’t hold it. Michigan got some comeuppance today with Iowa giving them some of their own medicine.
  14. Well I wonder where Lebby is on the hot seat people are?
  15. The rest of my picks were poor but I nailed the Texas -Tennessee score. 20-17.
  16. A friend of mine said the two coaches had to be separated during the pregame. I have no idea what may have precipitated it. Did not seem to have any issues with the players on the field during the game.
  17. Meridian 40 Hattiesburg 0 Was not expecting this result. Thought it would be an evenly matched game. Well it was for one quarter.
  18. Meridian 34 Hattiesburg 0 Third quarter
  19. Hattiesburg really hurt themselves by not covering the kickoff and letting Meridian recover at the one yard line. And then the short punt and return set up the third TD.
  20. Meridian 14 Hattiesburg 0 Hattiesburg with a huge blunder. Did not cover the kick off and Meridian recovered at 1 yard line. Basically gave us a TD.
  21. Meridian 0 Hattiesburg 0 end of 1st quarter Quite frankly neither team looks very good.
  22. State is nowhere close enough to be good enough to be looking ahead. Missouri is the total focus and they are a top twenty team to boot. I don’t think you have any worries about that happening. The teams are pretty evenly matched but State’s speed and athleticism should give us an edge. Plus the crowd will help carry us as well. I was looking at the tickets remaining and it looks like maybe one thousand give or take. So I think crowd might be right at 60K which will make it a rowdy atmosphere .
  23. Ole Miss @ Florida. I agree that with Chambliss Ole Miss will find a way to win this game. People forget that Florida is coming off an emotional win as well. It may be a bit ugly but Ole Miss wins 34-21. Mizzou @ State. Missouri is a good team but State has seemingly closed the talent gap. I look for State to play well and get the victory 35-24. Texas @ Tennessee should be a good game. Texas seems to get all the luck and Tennessee seems to find a way to shoot themselves in the foot. Texas 20-17. Okie @ Jawja. Usually when people write off Oklahoma they surprise everyone. Look for them to make this an ugly low scoring game. Georgia wins but it will not be pretty. 24-14. A&M @ LSU. LSU lets Ole Miss beat them twice. A&M comes off the mat from an eight count and beats LSU 27-20. SCAR gets boat raced by Bama in the first half but scores some late to make the score more respectable. Bama 42-28. Vandy @ Auburn. Vandy’s luck runs out but Aubie is not that good so look for an ugly game. Auburn 20-17. Tulsa @ Arkansas. Arkansas finds a to get a win as Tulsa self implodes. Arky 23, Tulsa 21. USM @ Tulane. A once competitive rivalry is renewed. Unfortunately for USM, they are on the wrong side of the talent on the field. Tulane 38, USM 17.
  24. If the crowds start getting bigger, maybe they will do that. I agree with you. I liked it much better with that setup as well.
  25. When Will Hall was at UWA, I really thought he was a rising star in the coaching ranks. But he left there to go to West Georgia. He had great success in the Gulf South Conference (which historically has always been known as SEC Lite) at both schools with three conference championships. But that did not translate into success at USM, which in the present day, sadly is in a hole that I am not sure they will ever completely climb out of. I think Anderson can have some moderate success but I fear the ceiling is relatively low.
×
×
  • Create New...