Jump to content

College Baseball Season


Dawg83
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Insideradvantage said:

Booing, not even going to games, etc. basically all the usual are understandable when fans aren't happy with their coach and/or team, but this is college and these are college kids so personal attacks on the coach or the players particularly in person is not acceptable. Period. Plus it's a pretty good way to get your ass whipped. 

I probably wasn’t clear- I was questioning if Bianco may take the South Carolina job.

 

On the alleged rude fan- no excuse for that. Bianco pissed off a lot of OM fans by chasing the LSU job and they want someone else- that’s fair. 
Being a jackass in at a game is silly. Shame on them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dawg83 said:

Bama now has two wins in Hoover, probably not a good development for OM’s NCAA chances.

No doubt. IF Bama loses tomorrow, it's probably close to 50/50 between OM/BAMA if only one of the 2 gets a bid. If Bama wins one more, they'll definitely get a bid above OM. 

Kentucky is another team to watch to move up in the bid department. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pancho said:

If Kentucky holds on a defeats Vandy does that hurt Ole MIss bad?

Kentucky is climbing in the RPI, I wager they need one more SECT win to get in the NCAAT over Ole Miss. 

Bama has moved ahead of OM in RPI, another win tonight and they're almost definitely in the NCAAT. 

The more times "bubble" teams like Bama/Kentucky win, the less likely OM gets in the NCAAT. 

UTSA upset USM today, that's another "bubble" team in the discussion. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Dawg83 said:

SC is apparently retaining Kingston, so it doesn’t appear that the Bianco to SC move is going to happen.

I saw where Kendall Rogers tweeted that, Rogers is typically on top of NCAA baseball news so it's pretty believable. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully Bianco remains as the Ole Miss coach but the smoke I hear is that if they miss the NCAAT he will be fired. 
However, if Ole Miss sneaks in as three seed, look out as I think they could win a Regional. 
Hopefully USM wins out to secure a NS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

D1 had Ole Miss out of the field going into today, and there’s already been a stolen bid today since then. Bama lost today so they’re still very bubbly, but I tend to think they would get in over OM given the head to head sweep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dawg83 said:

D1 had Ole Miss out of the field going into today, and there’s already been a stolen bid today since then. Bama lost today so they’re still very bubbly, but I tend to think they would get in over OM given the head to head sweep.

Last projection I saw had Bama last 4 in and Ole Miss first 4 out. 

IF Kentucky beat UT tonight, I'd wager they get in... which may push Bama out. 

UTSA beat USM tonight, which may have put them in. UTSA is in the championship tomorrow, which definitely puts them in with a win. 

 

I'm strongly leaning OM doesn't get an NCAAT bid. It was already borderline and too many other teams have worked themselves into the bubble discussion/auto bids. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Bulldogs4 said:

Well USM should host but the NS is out now. 
 

Ole Miss is probably 50-50. The SECT counts some but the regular season is more important. I think they sneak in as a 3 seed. Just a gut feeling on my part. 

NS is definitely out for USM now... I think them hosting is about 60-40. USM dropped to #20 in RPI, which is somewhat unfair since they hosted the CUSAT and the losses hurt them more than normal conference tourney losses count. 

UTSA winning the CUSAT tomorrow possibly helps USM's hosting bid just enough to secure it. 

I agree USM SHOULD host, but we'll see. 

 

I put OM at about 35-65 to get in the NCAAT now. 

Edited by rebmus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like (as expected) the committee is looking hard at the RPI. 

Arkansas was 42 in the RPI and not hosting, on the surface it looks like Arkansas should have definitely hosted looking at their SEC and overall record. 

Auburn (with a worse SEC record and worse overall record) is hosting a regional... RPI of 15.

 

These regional fields are typically filled as much as possibly by "local" teams, LSU as a 2 seed in Hattiesburg makes sense. 

I'm guessing Arkansas ends up at the Texas or Oklahoma State regional. 

IF Ole Miss gets a bid, I could possibly see them in Hattiesburg while LSU goes to Georgia Southern. Georgia or Georgia Tech likely lands in the Georgia Southern regional. 

I lean towards Ole Miss goes to the Louisville regional IF they go anywhere... but lean mostly Ole Miss is done this year. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by rebmus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

D1 and Baseball America both have Ole Miss out with room to spare, i.e. not even in the first four out. We’ll see what happens in 2-3 hours but there were a significant number of upsets in conference tournaments this week. OM was probably in 3-4 days ago but the situation has changed since the middle of last week.

 

As we mentioned, that Vandy game may prove to be really important in hindsight. You are playing with fire if you are a bubble team and then go home early in your conference tournament.

Edited by Dawg83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My gut feeling was correct. Ole Miss is in. 
I believe they can make a run but MIA and AZ are certainly tough teams. But both are beatable.

 

USM with an interesting group. LSU is….well LSU is not the LSU of old but still capable. Army is an interesting team. You know they are going to play fundamentally well. Not necessarily very talented but a team you cannot overlook. Do not know much about Kennesaw State but you don’t luck your way into a Regional. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s not a huge surprise they got in, but getting in over NC State, Rutgers, and Bama is a bit surprising to me.

 

Miami is really good and I don’t really expect Ole Miss to make it out of that Regional. Arizona is a 2 seed with a weird resume, not sure what to make them.

 

That said, if Ole Miss somehow does make it out of Miami, you’re likely looking at a Super Regional in Hattiesburg or Baton Rouge. That’s not a totally impossible path by any ways.

 

Admittedly, I am a State fan with no dog in the hunt and I will root for chaos. For pure comedic effect I want to see Ole Miss hosting Kennesaw State in the Oxford Super Regional and Kennesaw State winning. Lol.

Edited by Dawg83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a stupid take at all. Tennessee is certainly the favorite but they are due for some WTF moments and those have a way of rearing their ugly head in the post season. Every thing has been easy for them but all it takes is another team playing great in one game to beat you and then a second game where you make errors, leave men in scoring position and or have a bad day on the mound and you are out and done for. We have all seen it happen to our own teams more than once. 
 

Well this should protect Bianco’s job. No way they will fire a coach whose team is playing in the postseason. Right?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...