Greenville Christian @ Oak Grove

Dubaction

2 minutes ago, lions727 said:

Backtracking lol "They'll get tired" "They don't have the depth" "OG isn't the #1 team"

They won the game but they were also cramping for the entire 4th quarter. OG probably isn’t the #1 team but I still gave props for beating a powerhouse and posted it before the game was even over. No backtracking bud.

They played a good game to beat Oak Grove. 
I refuse to believe these all star teams are the wave of the future for high school football in MS. If it is I’ll just bow out and not have any interest. Besides a parent or relative of one of these kids who would get behind and support a school like this ? Bandwaggoners ? It takes the community connection away from high school football. The state will step in before long and neuter this scheme . Watch and see.

7 minutes ago, slicklizard said:

I refuse to believe these all star teams are the wave of the future for high school football in MS. If it is I’ll just bow out and not have any interest. Besides a parent or relative of one of these kids who would get behind and support a school like this ? Bandwaggoners ? It takes the community connection away from high school football. The state will step in before long and neuter this scheme . Watch and see.

You are 100% correct. 

20 minutes ago, MadisonReb10 said:

They won the game but they were also cramping for the entire 4th quarter. OG probably isn’t the #1 team but I still gave props for beating a powerhouse and posted it before the game was even over. No backtracking bud.

I can promise you Madison Central would most likely be in the same boat. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, slicklizard said:

NCAA bowed out

53 minutes ago, slicklizard said:

Slick, you couldn't support Wayne co 100% If they started getting players from Jones County Greene County, Quitman and perhaps Meridian? 

2 hours ago, Dubaction said:

I can promise you Madison Central would most likely be in the same boat. 

Maybe so, maybe not. MC has a JR QB with multiple P5 offers and a TE already committed to Tulane as well as another WR that’s visiting Ole Miss this weekend. The OG running back went down on first contact and had many with a 3 or more hard loss. They doubled you up in yardage. I looked for Kabe Barnetts profile on 247 and didn’t see anything but his name but I’m sure Jones CC will love to have him.

9 hours ago, Arashatora said:

Where are the haters now?

Still here. Nothing's changed. They're still just an allstar roadshow team from the Delta (and apparantly LA), with 27+ who are getting a free ride just to play football. Definitely talented, no one has denied that. Don't blame the kids, but GCS will wind up paying a price for their blatant rules violations. They're a joke. 

Edited by SCVMC1G
  • Uh, no. 1

8 hours ago, slicklizard said:

As they definitely should.

5 hours ago, MadisonReb10 said:

Maybe so, maybe not. MC has a JR QB with multiple P5 offers and a TE already committed to Tulane as well as another WR that’s visiting Ole Miss this weekend. The OG running back went down on first contact and had many with a 3 or more hard loss. They doubled you up in yardage. I looked for Kabe Barnetts profile on 247 and didn’t see anything but his name but I’m sure Jones CC will love to have him.

We are expecting to see Madison Central in the 6A Chip.  Don’t let us down like mostly ever year…

22 minutes ago, SCVMC1G said:

Still here. Nothing's changed. They're still just an allstar roadshow team from the Delta (and apparantly LA), with 27+ who are getting a free ride just to play football. Definitely talented, no one has denied that. Don't blame the kids, but GCS will wind up paying a price for their blatant rules violations. They're a joke. 

Is it a true rules violation, or did GCS find a loophole? I believe if they were breaking rules MAIS would step in

7 hours ago, MadisonReb10 said:

Get past north state for a change and maybe you can show us. 

1 hour ago, Vott said:

Better to lose to them than a region game. So does losing to GCS concern you going into region play

I’d be surprised if we played anyone else with a starting lineup that talented on both sides of the ball. Other 6A schools will assume they can do us the same way and will be in for a rude awakening.