ccbulldog
Members-
Posts
336 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Calendar
Everything posted by ccbulldog
-
why in the world did they not move it to Thursday night like so many others?
-
Where does Meridian fit in?
-
Old Heads Jagged Points with slick and Bo Sept. 26
ccbulldog replied to slicklizard's topic in Football
Vance can coach circles around Lacy. But he may be a hot head doing it. -
the sad truth is every 1A school probably needs to be consolidated into a bigger school. It's really not economically feasible to operate a school with so few students.
-
When I walked in the stadium the national anthem was being played. I noticed several law enforcement on the field. They stayed there until after the teams came on to the field. I thought it was odd and wondered why. Then I get home and read something happened pre-game. Can someone who was in the stadium before me explain what happened?
-
By the way, Meridan was trying hard to put another TD on the board in the last few minutes of a running clock game. They were passing every down on last drive. And they would've scored again if they didn't fumble on the 10 ys line with about 2 minutes to go in game. I wondered why Vance was trying to run up the score.
-
can anyone explain why so much bad blood between the two coaches. How was Vance's exit from Hattiesburg? any drama?
-
they need to put the students back on the home side (by school) like it was for 50 years. When I go to games now, I sit over there with visitors because the last few times I sat on press box side, the mens room was closed after halftime because the student boys were fighting and breaking things in the mens room. I think more citizens would go the games if they would do that.
-
need to go back to 6 classes. 7 becomes more and more laughable as more schools consolidate.
-
Meridian 44 Columbus 0 running clock in 2nd quarter
-
Predicted Prep Football Scores For 09/11/2026
ccbulldog replied to EnterpriseBulldogsFan's topic in Football
Louisville is a very good class 4A team, probably the best in the State, but they will not be able to beat a very good 7A team like Starkville or a top team from Louisiana like John Curtis. -
Predicted Prep Football Scores For 09/11/2026
ccbulldog replied to EnterpriseBulldogsFan's topic in Football
Meridian is at Starkville and no it will not be close. And I would be surprised if Louisville won. -
Yes I agree, Meridian is much better in all aspects than last year but they were historical bad last year with zero coaching. They are still not back to competing for the district crown but maybe now they can compete for the 4th playoff spot.
-
Predicted Prep Football Scores For 09/11/2026
ccbulldog replied to EnterpriseBulldogsFan's topic in Football
where is this game being played? -
Predicted Prep Football Scores For 09/11/2026
ccbulldog replied to EnterpriseBulldogsFan's topic in Football
you don't know much about John Curtis if you think Louisville will beat them 35-0. Louisville will be lucky to win. -
I think last night was the true Meridian, some very good players surrounded by some not so good players, lots of mental mistakes, lack of focus, not really taking direction very well from the coaches. It was a game they should've won but the listed problems prevented it. And to make matters worse, Nesboba is probably the 3rd worst team on their schedule. That first week was fools gold. And I admit I was fooled.
-
Nobody on the coast is gonna be challenging Gulfport this year. Meanwhile Dist. 3 7A is gonna be a dogfight. Brandon and Oak Grove both have slipped a little and Meridian is vastly better.
-
I thought you two hated each other.
-
1) Meridian has always had athletes but it takes the right motivator to make them want to care about football. 2) Vance is that Motivator, He especially knows how to get the most out of the black players. He relates to them in a special way. 3) The players looked very much in game shape, much more than the Ocean Springs players. 4) I'm not from the coast but I can't imagine the Wells case had much to do with this game. He had already graduated plus most of the uproar came from outside the State. 5) This blowout is exactly what this downtrodden program needed to make the players even more motivated and willing to work harder and follow Vance's direction.
-
Not True, I'm still here. Just not much to boast about anymore. I remember the day Weems retired, I said on here that Meridian was at a crossroads and depending on the route they took would determine their future. Unfortunately, save for one miraculous season with Marcus Boyles, Meridian has gone in the wrong direction. But man those days when Meridian-Oak Grove and Wayne Co.-West Jones were the biggest rivalries in south Miss. that was when this board was on fire. I long for those days but doubt they will ever return. Meridian is on the verge of dropping to 6A.
-
Mississippi doesn't even have enough high schools for 6 classes much less 7. And no matter how many you have, no more than half should make the playoffs. When 4 out of 6 division teams make the playoffs, it becomes like a trophy for everyone. Ridiculous!
-
wise career choice
-
I read where they named a new head coach today, David Frey.
-
That's terrible, first 3 on the road and only 4 home games.
-
can someone post Meridian Schedule
