Jump to content

Enterprise @ Clarkdale


EnterpriseBulldogsFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/9/2022 at 1:40 PM, EnterpriseBulldogsFan said:

 This  game  would be much  bigger if both  teams won Friday night. Enterprise has played  the  tougher  schedule. Both  teams are  very  similar and  close, both  schools  are  about  ten  miles  apart and  Clarkdale's coach  Bubba  Brannan was Enterprise's principal last  year. 

I’m back again enterprise bulldogs fan… heard y’all lost to union 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2022 at 1:40 PM, EnterpriseBulldogsFan said:

 This  game  would be much  bigger if both  teams won Friday night. Enterprise has played  the  tougher  schedule. Both  teams are  very  similar and  close, both  schools  are  about  ten  miles  apart and  Clarkdale's coach  Bubba  Brannan was Enterprise's principal last  year. 

Do you know the number Enterprise turned in? Could you ask if you do not know?  Wait, i got Enterprise at 217.  you don't know Clarkdale do you?

Edited by AdamHood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AdamHood said:

If you can ask and see what it was, I would appreciate it.  It is possible 217.  MDE had 222 last year at this time, so 217 is very possible.

I’m pretty sure you got the Enterprises mixed up. Enterprise-Clarke is around 310-330. The numbers will be released in November so i can’t be 100% sure but I’ve heard Enterprise-Clarke will be going to back to 2a. Clarkdale and Enterprise are always neck & neck in numbers so I’d imagine they go down to 2a too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DrownInEtown said:

I’m pretty sure you got the Enterprises mixed up. Enterprise-Clarke is around 310-330. The numbers will be released in November so i can’t be 100% sure but I’ve heard Enterprise-Clarke will be going to back to 2a. Clarkdale and Enterprise are always neck & neck in numbers so I’d imagine they go down to 2a too

Clarkdale is borderline and Enterprise is definitely headed to 2A.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DrownInEtown said:

I’m pretty sure you got the Enterprises mixed up. Enterprise-Clarke is around 310-330. The numbers will be released in November so i can’t be 100% sure but I’ve heard Enterprise-Clarke will be going to back to 2a. Clarkdale and Enterprise are always neck & neck in numbers so I’d imagine they go down to 2a too

The other Enterprise is 1A, so I got the right one.  Remember, we only counting 9-11 this year, so all numbers will be smaller.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For decades, the students in immediate area of Clarkdale (in Clarke County) attended Clarkdale as the two districts had worked out a deal to allow it to happen. Quite a few residential developments happened in the area. 
However about 30+ years ago, Clarke county decided they were losing too much tax revenue by those homes paying school ad valorem taxes to Lauderdale county. I think it eventually went to court and after it was settled all those students that lived a stones throw from Clarkdale had to go to Enterprise which is about 10 miles away (which is still not too far away). But for people who bought a home right there, it was a difficult pill to swallow. Especially if they worked in Meridian. 
 

The school has been there since the 1920’s. Not sure why they built it on the county line but at the time, the population there was sparse so it probably made sense then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bulldogs4 said:

For decades, the students in immediate area of Clarkdale (in Clarke County) attended Clarkdale as the two districts had worked out a deal to allow it to happen. Quite a few residential developments happened in the area. 
However about 30+ years ago, Clarke county decided they were losing too much tax revenue by those homes paying school ad valorem taxes to Lauderdale county. I think it eventually went to court and after it was settled all those students that lived a stones throw from Clarkdale had to go to Enterprise which is about 10 miles away (which is still not too far away). But for people who bought a home right there, it was a difficult pill to swallow. Especially if they worked in Meridian. 
 

The school has been there since the 1920’s. Not sure why they built it on the county line but at the time, the population there was sparse so it probably made sense then.

Thanks for your reply there Bulldogs4.  Hopefully we’ll get a win over Kentucky tomorrow.  I really like the way we are playing right now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, FBdude said:

Was at the game. Hard fought and great atmosphere. 

Awesome!  I know those Clarkdale boys are proud of that win and they should be. This is the reason right here that makes Mississippi High School football so fun.  I wonder where I can go to get some Clarkdale Football merchandise?  I wouldn’t mind having a sweatshirt or a hoodie with their sweet bulldog and crossbones logo on it.  I would seriously rep that here in Picayune, no lie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NoWammies said:

Ridge should’ve just knocked that last one down with it being 4th down but I know easier said than done when not the one in the situation. 

You’re right but it is easier said than done. Then we had a ridiculous fumble on the possible game winning drive. Enterprise has had some painful moments but this ones definitely up there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, s1nglewing said:

At the moment Union looks like the strongest team in that region

Union 3-0 6-2

Morton 2-1 5-3

Clarkdale 2-1 7-1 lost to Morton

Enterprise 1-2 6-2

Forest 1-2 3-5

SE Lauderdale 0-3 0-8

 

Raleigh 3-0 7-1 +36 points

Hazlehurst 3-0 8-0 +35 points beat Magee by 11

Wesson 1-2 4-4  -12 1-0 vs CS/MG

Magee 1-2, 4-4 -11 0-0 vs CS/W

Crystal Springs 1-2 4-4 -12 0-1 vs W/MG

McLaurin 0-3 1-7 -36

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...