Picayune vs West Point

Hightide

On 12/3/2021 at 7:15 PM, Merlin said:

you can thank west jones and Hattiesburg for losing multiple senior starters for the year even before the season started. 

I won't hold that against you Merlin. You were obviously under the influence of some of Soso's finest haterade when you posted that. Next time just tip your cap to the team who won the games they needed to win, regardless of other teams' circumstances. 

The Maroon Tide showed up and washed away the Green Wave tonight! Victory and redemption belong to the guys wearing Maroon tonight!

Edited by watchyalips

Stogner has proven all the doubters wrong. Enough said. Came a point in the game that West Point was lost and completely didn’t know what to do . That offense is almost unstoppable with close to equal talent against a defense that has not seen it on the regular. Believe me we.ve been there too.

congratulations 2021 5A stat champs Picayune Maroon Tide

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, slicklizard said:

Stogner has proven all the doubters wrong. Enough said. Came a point in the game that West Point was lost and completely didn’t know what to do . That offense is almost unstoppable with close to equal talent against a defense that has not seen it on the regular. Believe me we.ve been there too.

congratulations 2021 5A stat champs Picayune Maroon Tide

For west point to be undefeated coming in tells me one thing. 5a north was weak this season. That was a very average west point team compared to others.

9 minutes ago, Vott said:

For west point to be undefeated coming in tells me one thing. 5a north was weak this season. That was a very average west point team compared to others.

5A north is generally always weak.  Usually there are at most 2 teams up there that could have made the playoffs in the south.

And West Point looks to be in prime position to start to fall off some as well.  Especially if their coach retires as is rumored.  

• Like 1

met a friendly west point fan name Jimmy Mo before the game. told me repeatedly how picayune would not even score tonight. we were supposed to meet after the game and talk but he ran away. if any of you wp fans see him please tell him i am sorry i did not get to hear all his excuses.

• Haha 1

I had made a post, but decided to not post it.  But I know a few things about some things that happened that to be honest, I am taking a bit harder than I should.  I have watched my team totally choke in games against teams it should have beaten over the years, or lost very close games against teams it probably wasn't supposed to beat but had a very good chance, but overall until last year come up short in any case.  And it causes certain feelings.  Then to finally get over that hump only to see another season derailed as this one was not because of another team, but events outside of anyone's actions causes............anger and resentment. 

Congratulations to Picayune on winning the games you had to win and getting the job done.  I have zero doubt what so ever you will be the top dog in 5A next year.  And rightfully so.  

But do not for one instant think that I do not believe that had a few things before the playoffs even started gone differently that WJ wouldn't have beat ya'll by 2 scores on their way to repeating.

2 minutes ago, Merlin said:

I had made a post, but decided to not post it.  But I know a few things about some things that happened that to be honest, I am taking a bit harder than I should.  I have watched my team totally choke in games against teams it should have beaten over the years, or lost very close games against teams it probably wasn't supposed to beat but had a very good chance, but overall until last year come up short in any case.  And it causes certain feelings.  Then to finally get over that hump only to see another season derailed as this one was not because of another team, but events outside of anyone's actions causes............anger and resentment. 

Congratulations to Picayune on winning the games you had to win and getting the job done.  I have zero doubt what so ever you will be the top dog in 5A next year.  And rightfully so.  

But do not for one instant think that I do not believe that had a few things before the playoffs even started gone differently that WJ wouldn't have beat ya'll by 2 scores on their way to repeating.

You should have kept this post to yourself as well. 

Please.  I am in the proper state of mind right now (not football related, just in general) to get myself permabanned.  I feel the need to go all scorched earth somewhere over something.  May as well be here.   

Edited by Merlin

2 hours ago, Merlin said:

Please.  I am in the proper state of mind right now (not football related, just in general) to get myself permabanned.  I feel the need to go all scorched earth somewhere over something.  May as well be here.   

You can be in whatever state of mind you want.  I'm not going into what ifs.  Just remember we are young. Picayune will be the favorite in 5A South  for the next few years.  The best team won tonight. Don't try and take that away from these kids. They earned it.

Edited by PMT95

1 hour ago, pancho said:

West Jones not got any talent coming back?

I'm sure they do. I think region 3 5a next season is gonna be a carbon copy of this past season. 5 good teams playing to get 4 spots and with all 5 with a chance to win the region. 

Those 5 being

Brookhaven 

Laurel

Wayne co 

West Jones 

Hattiesburg 

I never would of thought at the beginning of the season we would of went and won the gold ball with being so young but I watched this team get better and better and grow into a helluva football team these boys just love to play for one another. Man I am super proud of these young men and I believe we have the best coaching staff and the best fans in the state of MS. We have hell of a team coming back next year and I can already see another run for the gold ball. I'm proud to be a part of the Maroon Tide Nation it was a fun year and I'm ready for another one. Roll Tide Roll... 2021 5-A State Champions...

• Like 1

Congratulations Maroon Tide. Having not seen West Point, I guess I assumed they would be back to the level of 2018 and 2019, and maybe they were.

In any case, y'all earned the gold ball and undisputed best 5A team for 2021. I really thought watching Laurel go up by 11 in the 2nd half that y'all were toast.

That was a really good game, and makes me wonder how Laurel would have fared against West Point. Maybe the 2 best teams in 5A were from the South?

Doesn't really matter though, as there is only 1 team in the end at the top.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tiburon said:

imho Laurel was a better team than west point. wp probably played more at a consistently high level though.

Laurel and Picayune were the best two teams in 5A IMO. Saw them both. Both scored 59 on us. Really thought Laurel would've represented the south but Picayune fought back and they proved that Saturday night. Congrats on a great season. I look forward to the matchup next year. 

On 12/4/2021 at 10:15 PM, Merlin said:

But do not for one instant think that I do not believe that had a few things before the playoffs even started gone differently that WJ wouldn't have beat yawl by 2 scores on their way to repeating.

This guy here. Why can't you let it go, we gave you praise and made no excuses when West Jones beat the Tide last year at our place we congratulated and moved on. Hey you finally won one last year how about acting like you been there before. I guess you forgot about the beatdown the Tide put on you all at your place in 2019. Most of the fans wanted you all to beat Laurel cause the Tornados were a tougher match up for the Tide .I have many relatives that live within walking distance of the West Jones Stadium in the Lebanon community and several of my cousins were good players for the Mustangs. I spent many of my summers in the community with my grandparents who are buried right there at Lebanon. You getting on here and acting like a pompous troll sullies the reputation of the good people of West Jones.

lets just make a point for posterity. this game was not close. i dont wanna hear it was. picayune dominated. we got one west point fan giving credit. the rest of yall can get over it. you got dominated. south owns 5a for last 2 years. and that wont change anytime soon.

15 hours ago, Tiburon said:

lets just make a point for posterity. this game was not close. i dont wanna hear it was. picayune dominated. we got one west point fan giving credit. the rest of yall can get over it. you got dominated. south owns 5a for last 2 years. and that wont change anytime soon.

Yeah Picayune dictated that game. WP may start a slide now. Who knows. I think the South will win it next year too. 

6 hours ago, CrimsonUnit1988 said:

Yeah Picayune dictated that game. WP may start a slide now. Who knows. I think the South will win it next year too. 

I would be a little hesitant about kicking dirt on West Point just yet, they have a tremendous program and a system that they believe in. They have some really good players coming back but so do a lot of teams. Should be an exciting year in 2022 cant wait. RTR