Dawg83 Posted January 8, 2024 Share Posted January 8, 2024 Wild Card matchups are set: Texans at Browns, Dolphins at Chiefs, Steelers at Bills, Packers at Cowboys, Rams at Lions, Eagles at Bucs. Ravens and 49ers have first round byes. Who do you like in Round 1? Beyond? I will surely look dumb for this in the end but my dark horse to make a deep run is Cleveland. I think they beat Houston and are the scariest possible matchup for Baltimore in Round 2. I think the NFC goes pretty chalky. Biggest chance for an upset I think is Rams over Lions. My Super Bowl pick is 49ers over Bills. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hasbeen67 Posted January 8, 2024 Share Posted January 8, 2024 I wouldn't disagree on Browns, just hard to say what they'll get in QB play. Outside of that, I'd say their overall roster as good as any. The NFL playoffs are almost like a different sport from regular season. They let them play. The advantage goes to the most physical teams more like old school football. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bulldogs4 Posted January 8, 2024 Share Posted January 8, 2024 Very true. Whistles are swallowed and it is WWF on the gridiron. And it is a crapshoot. Homefield helps but many road teams can and do win. I have no clue what is going to happen. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rebmus Posted January 9, 2024 Share Posted January 9, 2024 8 hours ago, Dawg83 said: My Super Bowl pick is 49ers over Bills. Very close to mine, I have the Bills upsetting the 49ers in the SB. The easiest pick should be Dallas over Green Bay this coming weekend, Dallas is undefeated at home this year. They're a much different team on the road, I don't see them making the SB. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted January 9, 2024 Author Share Posted January 9, 2024 54 minutes ago, rebmus said: Very close to mine, I have the Bills upsetting the 49ers in the SB. The easiest pick should be Dallas over Green Bay this coming weekend, Dallas is undefeated at home this year. They're a much different team on the road, I don't see them making the SB. On paper Dallas should win by double digits, but there’s something about Playoff Dallas that I still don’t trust. The least likely upset to me is Steelers at Bills. I think Buffalo wins comfortably. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted January 9, 2024 Author Share Posted January 9, 2024 The sympathetic version of me is rooting for a Lions vs Browns Super Bowl. Or even Lions vs Bills. Let one of these historically tortured fanbases finally win one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bulldogs4 Posted January 9, 2024 Share Posted January 9, 2024 The Browns and Lions had some success with each winning 4 NFL championships prior to the SB era. But they have struggled over the last 50 years with a few periods of success here and there. The Bills should have won at least two SB’s during their four year run in the early 90’s but it was just not to be. Looks wide open. SF and BAL are obviously the favorites but either of them can certainly be beat. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rebmus Posted January 10, 2024 Share Posted January 10, 2024 7 hours ago, Dawg83 said: The sympathetic version of me is rooting for a Lions vs Browns Super Bowl. Or even Lions vs Bills. Let one of these historically tortured fanbases finally win one. I'm was already rooting for Lions/Bills for the same reason, I didn't think about the Browns... I'm good with that also. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MSTSatchmo Posted January 10, 2024 Share Posted January 10, 2024 I think the safest bets this week are Buffalo over Pittsburgh and KC over Miami. It will be ZERO degrees at game time in KC. I think it will be Baltimore vs Dallas in the Super Bowl. Yes, I know Dallas will choke in the playoffs. I just think Purdy will have a bad game in the playoffs. When he’s bad he’s really bad. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted January 10, 2024 Author Share Posted January 10, 2024 15 minutes ago, MSTSatchmo said: I think the safest bets this week are Buffalo over Pittsburgh and KC over Miami. It will be ZERO degrees at game time in KC. I think it will be Baltimore vs Dallas in the Super Bowl. Yes, I know Dallas will choke in the playoffs. I just think Purdy will have a bad game in the playoffs. When he’s bad he’s really bad. Glad you mentioned KC and Miami. I think people have been really quick to write off the Chiefs this year but it’s still Mahomes and Reid so you definitely can’t count them out. They’re the one team in the AFC that’s been there and done that. I also think Miami is a little bit phony. They lit it up some bad teams but really struggled against anyone with a pulse. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NoWammies Posted January 13, 2024 Share Posted January 13, 2024 So much for Cleveland. Stroud playing like a seasoned veteran and the defense making big plays. Very impressive all around game from the Texans. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted January 14, 2024 Author Share Posted January 14, 2024 I knew as soon as I said Cleveland was a dark horse they were gonna do this crap. Cannot shake their Cleveland Browns-ness. Not sure if the Texans can beat one of the AFC’s Big 3 on the road, but even if they don’t, amazing season by them. They had been awful for several years prior to this one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NoWammies Posted January 14, 2024 Share Posted January 14, 2024 A lot of the Texans recent success is courtesy of the Browns for giving up so much for Deshaun Watson. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted January 14, 2024 Author Share Posted January 14, 2024 KC dominated Miami in the insanely cold weather. Can’t say that one shocks me too much. Just never was sold on Miami as a legit contender. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted January 14, 2024 Author Share Posted January 14, 2024 Death, Taxes, Dallas Cowboys falling apart in the Playoffs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bulldogs4 Posted January 15, 2024 Share Posted January 15, 2024 and State missing FT’s against Bama. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rebmus Posted January 15, 2024 Share Posted January 15, 2024 The Dallas D has been consistently bad for pretty much the entire game. Dak is having a good second half, the first half was YIKES. I guess Dallas thought the game was in Green Bay or something? They sure look like their 2023 road team version today. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted January 15, 2024 Author Share Posted January 15, 2024 1 hour ago, Bulldogs4 said: and State missing FT’s against Bama. Still a fresh wound, B4. lol. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted January 15, 2024 Author Share Posted January 15, 2024 Green Bay was very good town the stretch, but that was a disaster for Dallas. I didn’t think McCarthy was in any danger but Jerry might be angry enough to get rid of him and go after Belichick or Harbaugh. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted January 15, 2024 Author Share Posted January 15, 2024 Lions win their first Playoff game since before yours truly was born. And their reward is they get to host the Divisional Round next week against Tampa or Philly. Only matchup for next week set in stone so far is Packers at 49ers. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bulldogs4 Posted January 15, 2024 Share Posted January 15, 2024 10 hours ago, Dawg83 said: Green Bay was very good town the stretch, but that was a disaster for Dallas. I didn’t think McCarthy was in any danger but Jerry might be angry enough to get rid of him and go after Belichick or Harbaugh. Harbaugh would be a great fit at Dallas. I am not sure if Belichick has the fire left at his age but if he does I could see him going to Dallas and getting them over the hump. Either would be a tremendous upgrade. I like McCarthy but they have seemed to hit a plateau with him and are not able to do any better. Yesterday, it appeared that Dallas played like they were entitled to the win whereas the Packers played aggressively and with a swagger. In the playoffs you have to play every play like it is life or death. The Packers did that early and often but by the time Dallas did, the game was over. I don’t think the Dallas D ever stopped GB. Both sides of the ball were horrific but the defense got completely shredded. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NoWammies Posted January 15, 2024 Share Posted January 15, 2024 Dawson Knox starts off the scoring for the Bills. I give props to the folks that came to that game. They love their football. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rebmus Posted January 15, 2024 Share Posted January 15, 2024 3 minutes ago, NoWammies said: Dawson Knox starts off the scoring for the Bills. I give props to the folks that came to that game. They love their football. Maybe they like their balls frozen? 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted January 15, 2024 Author Share Posted January 15, 2024 I’ve always wanted to go to a snowy football game but this is a bit extreme for me. Lol. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rebmus Posted January 15, 2024 Share Posted January 15, 2024 4 minutes ago, Dawg83 said: I’ve always wanted to go to a snowy football game but this is a bit extreme for me. Lol. I would not have hesitated to do it in my 20s and likely 30s. Now that I'm over 50, zero chance I do it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.