Dawg83

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Wcchaingang said:

I don’t think 3 will beat Vandy. And Kumar seems to have found it.

Yep, Rocker looked like we expected him to look in the second inning. 

3-1 after 2. I also agree, Arizona better put some more runs in if they want to win. 

Just now, Bulldogs4 said:

Interesting, if Vandy holds on here, then Stanford & Arizona will be playing an elimination game Monday.

That would be a bit of a surprise IMO. 

The surprise, to me, is NC State playing so well. 

I'm sticking with Vandy/Arizona are the best two teams in this bracket. Whoever wins tonight obviously has the best chance to reach the finals. Whoever loses, I still like their chances of getting to the semis. (No disrespect to NC State or Stanford). 

11 minutes ago, Wcchaingang said:

Vandy walks off a very good game. But man I really hate the whistler. He almost makes the game unwatchable..

Can’t believe I just sat through 12 innings of The Whistler and Eduardo Perez. That was one of the better CWS games of recent memory and it was pretty much ruined by a commentary team that doesn’t know jack about college baseball (KP excluded) and the total sideshow that is the whistler.

It’s an embarrassment that a great program like Vandy has that jerk affiliated with them.

Edited by Dawg83

Isn’t there actually two of them?   I think I read that if one isn’t there, another person does it.   Regardless, it absolutely sucks.  

Great game though.  I was actually pulling for Arizona.  

I don’t watch much baseball until the playoffs, but I always hear people blast Perez and Peterson.   What’s the problem with them? 

Edited by MSTSatchmo

7 minutes ago, MSTSatchmo said:

Isn’t there actually two of them?   I think I read that if one isn’t there, another person does it.   Regardless, it absolutely sucks.  

Great game though.  I was actually pulling for Arizona.  

I don’t watch much baseball until the playoffs, but I always hear people blast Perez and Peterson.   What’s the problem with them? 

Peterson is very good. It’s Ravech and Perez that I have an issue with. They are MLB guys that don’t cover college baseball all season and then they bring them in at the end for the biggest games of the year. And it’s very obvious every year that they know very little about the teams that are playing.

I agree w/83 that Eduardo Perez is horrible. They need to have replaced him years ago. 

Most of the guys are really good but listening to him is like hearing fingernails on a chalk board. Ugggghhhh.

I hope they have Ben McDonald on our game. He is good and is knowledgeable. Plus he likes State. 

Edited by Bulldogs4

6 minutes ago, Bulldogs4 said:

I agree w/83 that Eduardo Perez is horrible. They need to have replaced him years ago. 

Most of the guys are really good but listening to him is like hearing fingernails on a chalk board. Ugggghhhh.

I hope they have Ben McDonald on our game. He is good and is knowledgeable. Plus he likes State. 

Unfortunately it will be the same crew tomorrow that called the game tonight. The “B” team that calls the day games is far better than the “A” team that calls the night games, in my opinion, I don’t just love Tom Hart but he’s fine, and McDonald and Burke are usually very good.

Crud then. I was hoping they would swap the crews from day to day. Can’t believe the afternoon crew is the “B” crew. 

Oh well. I will suffer through them.

Though I need to learn how to sync the radio guys with the TV. I definitely enjoy listening to Jim & Jay. 

Back to actual baseball talk, I’m really impressed by what NC State has done this postseason. They’re way better than their seed, if not for a really bad start to the season they probably would’ve hosted easily. They will have a massive challenge with Leiter tomorrow night but they figured out a way to beat Kevin Kopps so you can’t rule anything out.

Arizona-Stanford is an incredibly strong loser’s bracket game. Both of those teams can slug it and both have some pitching depth issues so that may be a game where both teams score double digits.

State-Texas is a really good matchup tonight. I think State has a great chance to win but obviously a Texas win is entirely possible too. In some ways I’m almost more intrigued by the early game. Not sure what to make of Virginia, or how Tennessee will look on the big stage.

22 minutes ago, Dawg83 said:

Back to actual baseball talk, I’m really impressed by what NC State has done this postseason. They’re way better than their seed, if not for a really bad start to the season they probably would’ve hosted easily. They will have a massive challenge with Leiter tomorrow night but they figured out a way to beat Kevin Kopps so you can’t rule anything out.

Arizona-Stanford is an incredibly strong loser’s bracket game. Both of those teams can slug it and both have some pitching depth issues so that may be a game where both teams score double digits.

State-Texas is a really good matchup tonight. I think State has a great chance to win but obviously a Texas win is entirely possible too. In some ways I’m almost more intrigued by the early game. Not sure what to make of Virginia, or how Tennessee will look on the big stage.

I think Texas may have the best starting pitching on this side of the bracket.