ogwarriorbandman Posted September 17, 2025 Share Posted September 17, 2025 Inspired by @Vottthis game has life on the board. Let’s go! After watching some Neville games they are very very talented unlike ULM in their hometown. Who you got (with score predictions) and Why? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vott Posted September 17, 2025 Share Posted September 17, 2025 9 minutes ago, ogwarriorbandman said: Inspired by @Vottthis game has life on the board. Let’s go! After watching some Neville games they are very very talented unlike ULM in their hometown. Who you got (with score predictions) and Why? If OG wins this no one will remember those first 2 games. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dubaction Posted September 17, 2025 Share Posted September 17, 2025 While Hattiesburg has some talent… I’m not sold on OG turning it around just yet after dominating last week. OG is getting healthier and prob grew up a bit over the last few weeks but they’re a young group. Neville is a championship caliber team and this is a measuring stick game. Just hope we can compete and continue to improve for district play Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ccbulldog Posted September 18, 2025 Share Posted September 18, 2025 I'm afraid Oak Grove and Brandon are both gonna get embarrassed. I hope I'm wrong because it's not gonna reflect very well on Miss HS football. I remember in 1983, I was very young :), Meridian who was ranked #1 in Miss visited Montgomery Jeff Davis, who was ranked #1 in Alabama. Meridian won that night and boy was I impressed. Seems like about 15 years ago South Panola went to Hoover to play and both were top ranked. I don't remember who won. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dubaction Posted September 18, 2025 Share Posted September 18, 2025 So far, OG has actually fared well against OOS opponents from Louisiana and Alabama. Beat Hoover in OT Lost to Rummel 7-3 Lost a back and forth against John Curtis 28-23 WTBS… I’m probably the least confident in this bunch to get it done based on the first 3 weeks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dubaction Posted September 20, 2025 Share Posted September 20, 2025 On 9/17/2025 at 9:37 PM, ccbulldog said: I'm afraid Oak Grove and Brandon are both gonna get embarrassed. I hope I'm wrong because it's not gonna reflect very well on Miss HS football. I remember in 1983, I was very young :), Meridian who was ranked #1 in Miss visited Montgomery Jeff Davis, who was ranked #1 in Alabama. Meridian won that night and boy was I impressed. Seems like about 15 years ago South Panola went to Hoover to play and both were top ranked. I don't remember who won. Well. One of us got embarrassed tonight but it wasn’t Oak Grove thankfully. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Football In MS Posted September 20, 2025 Share Posted September 20, 2025 On 9/17/2025 at 8:37 PM, ccbulldog said: I'm afraid Oak Grove and Brandon are both gonna get embarrassed. I hope I'm wrong because it's not gonna reflect very well on Miss HS football. I remember in 1983, I was very young :), Meridian who was ranked #1 in Miss visited Montgomery Jeff Davis, who was ranked #1 in Alabama. Meridian won that night and boy was I impressed. Seems like about 15 years ago South Panola went to Hoover to play and both were top ranked. I don't remember who won. Tonight’s OG looked like the OG we always expect to see. Getting all starters healthy made a huge impact, and they’ve got an 8th grader kicking PATs who looks very solid. Their pieces seem to be coming together now. Defense looks solid now. We’ll see if that holds next week against Houston. Brandon had a bad night. It happens. (Like OG at Germantown.) But they’re still a very talented team who will win lots of games this fall & will still be a force in 7A South State. Never count them out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
watchyalips Posted September 20, 2025 Share Posted September 20, 2025 3 minutes ago, Dubaction said: Well. One of us got embarrassed tonight but it wasn’t Oak Grove thankfully. Is it safe to say that Oak Grove has righted the ship? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dubaction Posted September 20, 2025 Share Posted September 20, 2025 23 minutes ago, watchyalips said: Is it safe to say that Oak Grove has righted the ship? I think so. I was pretty down on them the first two weeks but didn’t realize how many injuries and/or suspensions we were dealing with. This was the first week they were at 100% on both sides of the ball and it showed. It’s also a young group with guys playing their first year of 7a ball especially on defense. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ogwarriorbandman Posted September 20, 2025 Author Share Posted September 20, 2025 20 minutes ago, Football In MS said: Tonight’s OG looked like the OG we always expect to see. Getting all starters healthy made a huge impact, and they’ve got an 8th grader kicking PATs who looks very solid. Their pieces seem to be coming together now. Defense looks solid now. We’ll see if that holds next week against Houston. Brandon had a bad night. It happens. (Like OG at Germantown.) But they’re still a very talented team who will win lots of games this fall & will still be a force in 7A South State. Never count them out. Next week is Laurel. Then Houston. Very solid game tonight. Feel better after this one. We are maturing quickly with this good comp. Only 1 TD defensively in 2 games. Yes nice to have some key guys back and it showed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Football In MS Posted September 20, 2025 Share Posted September 20, 2025 18 minutes ago, ogwarriorbandman said: Next week is Laurel. Then Houston. Very solid game tonight. Feel better after this one. We are maturing quickly with this good comp. Only 1 TD defensively in 2 games. Yes nice to have some key guys back and it showed. Right. I believe Houston will be a bigger test than Laurel Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NoWammies Posted September 20, 2025 Share Posted September 20, 2025 With the way Oak Grove played tonight they should handle Houston rather easily in two weeks. This is probably one of the worst Houston teams they’ve had in a long time because they are very young. OAN: Great job tonight Oak Grove. My cousin is Neville’s QB so I had my split screen going with this one and Tupelo/Oxford. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
s1nglewing Posted September 20, 2025 Share Posted September 20, 2025 12 minutes ago, Football In MS said: Right. I believe Houston will be a bigger test than Laurel Laurel is still last year's Laurel. Might win three 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
slicklizard Posted September 20, 2025 Share Posted September 20, 2025 Way to go OG. Ya'll look to be on the rise Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.