West Bolivar 2022 - 2023 Season Thread

IRONEagle

Interviews for the head coaching positions at West Bolivar High and Middle School Football teams were conducted on Monday. Word is 5 candidates applied and were interviewed. Now if the worse candidate of the group that applied gets the job then we know it’s invalid. 

In other news, West Bolivar school board selected the new Superintendent. Dr. Willis Smith former principal in Hinds County School District.   

2 hours ago, IRONEagle said:

Interviews for the head coaching positions at West Bolivar High and Middle School Football teams were conducted on Monday. Word is 5 candidates applied and were interviewed. Now if the worse candidate of the group that applied gets the job then we know it’s invalid. 

In other news, West Bolivar school board selected the new Superintendent. Dr. Willis Smith former principal in Hinds County School District.   

Good thing the most qualified people are in charge of making that decision, eh?

You need to find a better source. The moment you made this personal is when you became misguided. 
Last thing you can talk to me about is qualifications. First of all, you’re speaking about qualifications of an athletic administration that doesn’t include a licensed MS administrator in that position. So what makes them qualified? 
Also, I highly doubt waiting until mere days prior to the start of summer to conduct interviews for a position that was known to be vacant months ago signals someone being qualified just due to holding a title. In other words, the building/athletic administration allowed the outgoing coach to lead spring practice knowing he  resigned instead of hiring a coach.. you know the way Hollandale (1 day search), Northside, and Riverside did well in advance. 
In my field, I have credentials, fellowships, honors, etc to my name that the people feeding you this propaganda don’t have after 10-20 +years. I started a new journey this week and have another one starting soon that puts me in a position to accomplish what only 300 out of 1000 statewide have been selected to pursue. You don’t know. And that’s okay but stop acting as if you do. 

Edited by IRONEagle
  • Haha 1

Dayum Iron eagle. We don't have a source other than you and its seems kinda wild so far from what u type. Just tell us, is WB still gone be a * moderator edit - profanity is a no-no according to site rules * show even after this new HC is hired? Is the new super experienced in dealing with train wrecks such as this? The proof will be in the pudding and we will know soon simply by sitting back and watching. 

West Bolivar has yet to name the head football coach for High School and Jr. High after interviews were conduct on May 23 following the resignations of both coaches in March. In contrast, West Bolivar girls basketball team filled a vacancy for that position approximately in a week or so following the resignation of their head coach around March. The girls basketball position was never advertised or posted online but a coach was hired. They’ve conducted both tryouts and practices since early April.  
On the other hand, both HS and Jr. High football coaches resigned in March and no decision has been made. Neither position is filled and no workouts are being conducted for team players. Summer workouts have officially started statewide. And people have the audacity to try to make this seem personal. Hurting kids through greed is going to be a BIG price to pay. There’s nothing good that comes to people who have intentionally attempted to destroy the future of kids. 

4 hours ago, IRONEagle said:

West Bolivar has yet to name the head football coach for High School and Jr. High after interviews were conduct on May 23 following the resignations of both coaches in March. In contrast, West Bolivar girls basketball team filled a vacancy for that position approximately in a week or so following the resignation of their head coach around March. The girls basketball position was never advertised or posted online but a coach was hired. They’ve conducted both tryouts and practices since early April.  
On the other hand, both HS and Jr. High football coaches resigned in March and no decision has been made. Neither position is filled and no workouts are being conducted for team players. Summer workouts have officially started statewide. And people have the audacity to try to make this seem personal. Hurting kids through greed is going to be a BIG price to pay. There’s nothing good that comes to people who have intentionally attempted to destroy the future of kids. 

So nothing has changed since 2012 pretty much.

11 hours ago, IRONEagle said:

It is a shame that there aren't any quality candidates found yet for these positions. Who is intentionally trying to destroy kids future? The Administration? I am just asking what u mean.

5 hours ago, pancho said:

It is a shame that there aren't any quality candidates found yet for these positions. Who is intentionally trying to destroy kids future? The Administration? I am just asking what u mean.

Are you suggesting that there’s even a search going on to find quality coaches after what has been explained in this situation? I can attest that isn’t true. They don’t care. Kids have made their plea for answers months ago. Building/athletic administration deflected the situation. You don’t wait to post jobs (when this district has a dire teacher shortage) that should’ve been opened in November until late May. Then conduct interviews the final week of school just to wait weeks later to announce the coach if the purpose was to search for quality candidates. Have you seen the boys and girls track results the last several years? Volleyball and Softball records. Have you seen the boys basketball records over the previous several years? I’m not talking about the makeshift records they post to Maxpreps. It’s not better than football.. football has two district titles in the past 6 years. The entire program needs to be improved and here we are focusing on everything but what is best for the kids. Asking irrelevant questions. Lord forbid the reality of when a kid gets seriously hurt for a lack of preparation and structure in this sport the people responsible must be held accountable. You don’t do this stuff to children. Stop making excuses for how this process has been handled..  because nobody on this thread would allow this to happen to one of their children if they ever experience this situation. These kids want to play football.

Edited by IRONEagle

I am not making excuses but simply attempting to follow along basically with what you tell us.  Sounds to me like the school should be shut down and go another route id it's as bad as you describe.  Were any of the football HC applicants quality guys? If so why have they not been offered the job?

This is bigger than that! Today West Bolivar school board approved the Acting Superintendent to help the transition of the new Superintendent who takes office July 1st. This is a move that has stunned the people who were expecting a more favorable decision that involved another person returning who had been apart of the sabotage of West Bolivar football.
The new Acting Superintendent is a class act. There’s a meeting scheduled for next week already in the works. We will ensure a coach is not just approved but held accountable from day 1. 
Get your popcorn ready! 

Since consolidation the prior and current building/athletic administration at WB HS have never tried to keep a HC. They’ve been intentional in hindering any progress on both the Jr. High and HS level. And the sad part is this is the only boys sport at West Bolivar since the consolidation to win a district title (2013, 2016, and 2019). 
No other sport has had to endure the turnover the football program has since consolidation. They literally neglected not just football but the marching band as well. Those were the two renowned and well respected programs at WB. And people within the school & community were complicit in this sabotage. That’s why you have people talking to folks on here to try and talk against me.. and as you can see posters that never ONCE supported WB football are on this board to deflect from the truth making statements about girls basketball while ignoring the football situation.. why would that be? 

Edited by IRONEagle

No need to throw slick shots Iron Eagles… I have no idea what’s going on with the football nor any other programs there.. But I do know what I saw with my own eyes at That Tournament so I spoke on it. I graduated a Trojan and will forever be a Trojan. Anyone who reads your post can see what sport you support and what sport u down like they are not the same group of kids. Rosedale is a 1a school so obviously the same group of kids are playing the same sports.. Blowing out someone else’s candle definitely wont make yours shine brighter.. U say u have a group of kids in your program ironeagle athletics where you are training kids right? So quick question? DID YOU APPLY FOR EITHER COACHING POSITION?  If so then turn the program around… u say sabotage when west bolivar has had 2 different brothers as athletic director in Larry n Jerry who I kno very well from growing up… Jerry won a state championship in football years back…. 

52 minutes ago, Pistolpete said:

Yes they do… Congrats to Jeremy Banks on being named the West Bolivar Eagles Head Football Coach… He’s home grown and I think he will be great there… 

Congrats, I hope it works! Can he say State Championship on the way. Our guys going to Shaw, don't have time for favoritism BS. This has to be a joke!