West Bolivar 2022 - 2023 Season Thread

IRONEagle

8 minutes ago, Arashatora said:

I looked them up and they had a 3-8 season with some pretty bad losses. He said they were young so that makes some sense, but I was a little surprised at the overall record.

They were able to notch wins against McAdams (17 players) and Coldwater (14 players).

I know WB had roster issues, as well - starting the season out with only 22. They must be awfully young, too.

56 minutes ago, s1nglewing said:

They were able to notch wins against McAdams (17 players) and Coldwater (14 players).

I know WB had roster issues, as well - starting the season out with only 22. They must be awfully young, too.

That's tough. 1a football seems to be full of 17-20 man teams and then 30-35 man teams. Makes the competition very spotty, and injuries are insanely detrimental.

Like I said previously I don’t get around there a lot anymore since living in Oxford and gone over month at a time on towboat but I do know they’re really young. I will say though that IE may come off like EBF at times to some on here, but I know him personally and they’re nowhere near the same people. IE actually puts time into trying to make these kids better at a young age. Not just on the field but off. He genuinely cares about the kids during a time where most don’t. He’s definitely earned my respect. 

43 minutes ago, NoWammies said:

Like I said previously I don’t get around there a lot anymore since living in Oxford and gone over month at a time on towboat but I do know they’re really young. I will say though that IE may come off like EBF at times to some on here, but I know him personally and they’re nowhere near the same people. IE actually puts time into trying to make these kids better at a young age. Not just on the field but off. He genuinely cares about the kids during a time where most don’t. He’s definitely earned my respect. 

NoWammies, we really don’t even have to acknowledge these posters on the new MST. They are being misguided. They actually believe that the student athletes are the issue. That the talent is gone. That the kids don’t want to play football. They keep talking about a roster when people around here know it was more kids to start the season on WB roster. And nearly 100% of them stayed the entire year unless they were injured or didn’t travel on some games. They were not only a young team but again played at a competitive disadvantage.

The athletic administration for years waits until June to hire a head coach. The 5th since 2014/2015. It’s a reason these posters never acknowledge that fact.
The savvy and credible posters on the old (real) MST would’ve acknowledge that is indeed an issue. Not become combative with the poster and support the personal lies about them for speaking the truth. 
NoWammies, we came through during the time of the real MST. We got rank. This site is nothing compare to what it once was, when we were in a league with the heavyweights.
I know you aren’t around as much now but there’s good news to share! We have some poweful community members right now advocating for our students. That’s why I keep going everyday. Check it out on FB. I give it one & a half years and West Bolivar football will be back because of how these community members are fighting. I expect a completely new leadership staff by August.  The community understands that WB has the unique tradition as one of the greatest schools and athletic programs to ever perform on the small school level in the State of Mississippi. People of all backgrounds/races, towns, and ages are advocating and even peacefully protesting for West Bolivar schools. It’s a movement. Get your popcorn ready! 

Edited by IRONEagle

14 minutes ago, IRONEagle said:

NoWammies, we really don’t even have to acknowledge these posters on the new MST. They are being misguided. They actually believe that the student athletes are the issue. That the talent is gone. That the kids don’t want to play football. They keep talking about a roster when people around here know it was more kids to start the season on WB roster. And nearly 100% of them stayed the entire year unless they were injured or didn’t travel on some games. They were not only a young team but again played at an competitive disadvantage.

The athletic administration for years waits until June to hire a head coach. The 5th since 2014/2015. It’s a reason these posters never acknowledge that fact.
The savvy and credible posters on the old (real) MST would’ve acknowledge that is indeed an issue. Not make be combative with the poster and support the personal lies about them for speaking the truth. 
NoWammies, we came through during the time of the real MST. We got rank. This site is nothing compare to what it once was, when we were in a league with the heavyweights.
I know you aren’t around as much now but there’s good news to share! We have some poweful community members right now advocating for our students. That’s why I keep going everyday. Check it out on FB. I give it one & a half years and West Bolivar football will be back because of how these community members are fighting. I expect a completely new leadership staff by August.  The community understands that WB has the unique tradition as one of the greatest schools and athletic programs to ever perform on the small school level in the State of Mississippi. People of all backgrounds/races, towns, and ages are advocating and even peacefully protesting for West Bolivar schools. It’s a movement. Get your popcorn ready! 

We have been getting our popcorn ready for a while. 

3 minutes ago, coastfootballfanman said:

We have been getting our popcorn ready for a while. 

You got that right! Believe me, it’s coming back. There’s a new organization in Rosedale! They are taking it to another level. Everything I’m saying here.. it’s part of their initiative. Rosedale is coming back stronger than ever!

Edited by IRONEagle

19 minutes ago, IRONEagle said:

You got that right! Believe me, it’s coming back. There’s a new organization in Rosedale! They are taking it to another level. Everything I’m saying here.. it’s part of their initiative. Rosedale is coming back stronger than ever!

I hope you're right, but this is the same thing you say every year

• Thanks 1