Former Coach Posted December 8, 2023 Share Posted December 8, 2023 12 hours ago, Dawg83 said: I think that was already the case before anybody from Penn State was out. Ole Miss is way more into this game than PSU is. They expected to beat Michigan or Ohio State and contend for the Playoff and now view their season as a bit of a letdown. Not being thrilled with 10-2 is a nice problem to have, I must say. That has gotten to be the case every year. The 2 to 4 schools that, at the beginning of the year think they have a shot at the playoff, PSU, Ohio ST, Oklahoma typically care less about playing in a NY6 consolation bowls and they're top NFL type guys usually say thanks but no thanks I'm done. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rebmus Posted December 8, 2023 Author Share Posted December 8, 2023 IF the 12 team playoff was in place this year, we’d see less players opting out in these games I’m betting. The Peach Bowl win this year will leave a team with a top 10 finish- which is certainly nice. Under next year’s plan, it sends the winner to the next round of a playoff- which is huge. The ACC played a big part of not having the 12 team playoff this year, I’m still laughing at FSU getting left out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MSTSatchmo Posted December 8, 2023 Share Posted December 8, 2023 This years 12 team playoff would have been so much fun to watch and, in my opinion, would have been wide open. Watch next year there be 1-3 dominate teams. I guess for most teams as long as you make it the season’s a success. Kinda like March Madness. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg83 Posted December 8, 2023 Share Posted December 8, 2023 (edited) 26 minutes ago, rebmus said: IF the 12 team playoff was in place this year, we’d see less players opting out in these games I’m betting. The Peach Bowl win this year will leave a team with a top 10 finish- which is certainly nice. Under next year’s plan, it sends the winner to the next round of a playoff- which is huge. The ACC played a big part of not having the 12 team playoff this year, I’m still laughing at FSU getting left out. Oh I’m sure the approach would be different if this game was a first round playoff game. As is, it’s just a fancy exhibition. If you applied these rankings to next year’s format, Ole Miss would be playing at Georgia and Penn State would be playing Ohio State. You’d also have Liberty at Florida State and Mizzou at Oregon. Edited December 8, 2023 by Dawg83 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rebmus Posted December 9, 2023 Author Share Posted December 9, 2023 9 hours ago, Dawg83 said: Oh I’m sure the approach would be different if this game was a first round playoff game. As is, it’s just a fancy exhibition. If you applied these rankings to next year’s format, Ole Miss would be playing at Georgia and Penn State would be playing Ohio State. You’d also have Liberty at Florida State and Mizzou at Oregon. Every one of these games would be watched by so many with so much on the line to advance in the playoffs. I figure the rankings would have been a tad different to set up Georgia vs Penn State with Ole Miss vs Ohio State to have different conference matchups in the first round, and that would have been fine with me either way. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.