Former Coach
Members-
Posts
231 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Calendar
Everything posted by Former Coach
-
Suspend the two coaches that got it started.
-
Hope I'm wrong but i don't trust States OL or DL enough in this one. Bama 42 Sate 17. TN by a TD or more UK same as above A&M and UGA as many as they want.
-
They should figure out a way to put all of the non football schools into one or two regions by themselves for all sports. Wheeler, Thrasher, Jumpertown, Pine Grave make them Region 1B, Hickory Flat, Blue MT, West Union, Ingomar. and make them Region 2B.
-
Also nobody wants to sit through lighting delays. Every strike resets the 30 minute window.
-
If Baldwyn drops to 1A it will set up an interesting possibility with the regions. You would have Biggersville, Baldwyn that play football, then Thrasher, Jumpertown, and Wheeler that do no play football. That would be the ideal 5 team region, but there's no way you can put on 2 football schools in a region. It will be interesting to see how they divide things. Two years ago when Baldwyn won in1A their region was Biggersville, Thrasher, Baldwyn, TCPS, Wheeler. Thrasher has no football and TCPS will move up due to the multiplier.
-
In class 1-4A there can only be 5 teams per region
-
I've heard that Belmont may be on the fringe of 2A, Baldwyn 1A and Booneville 4A.
-
The October numbers are the official numbers used for reclassification. I think the preliminary September numbers allows them to begin working on the classifications knowing that there will be some changes at the top and bottom of each class when the official MDE numbers come in October.
-
They appealed the judges decision and actually won. I think the guy only played a couple games before the judge ruled him ineligible.
-
Surprised, not surprised that nothing happened to Tupelo after being caught recruiting the kid from Baldwyn.
-
You may be right, but I find that hard to believe. To begin with MHSAA schools aren't going to want a merger without a multiplier for the private schools. And I'm sure that's just one of many sticking points between the two that will be an issue.
-
Watered down districts desperate for 7 classes
Former Coach replied to slicklizard's topic in Football
MHSAA only gets a share of playoff gates, not regular season. -
Just one but he was ruled ineligible at Tupelo for recruiting. Not sure if he went back to Baldwyn or not.
-
I think someone in earlier post said DB that led state in interceptions with 11 I think.
-
Heard that the MHSAA ruled the kid transferring from Baldwin ineligible, had copies of text messages proving they were recruiting him. Also heard the parents appealed. Supposedly in the appeal he was again ruled ineligible because of recruiting violations by Tupelo. Will be interesting to see if so and if anything will come of it.
-
After turning in TCPS a couple of years back is Tupelo now recruiting? Nettleton's QB two years and a couple more and now supposedly a couple of Saltillo's best guys and an All state DB from Baldwin that led the state in Int last year. Will MHSAA investigate.
-
Five different hitters had 2 hits in that 3rd inning. I've seen one or two do that in an inning, but can't say I've ever seen five.
-
If they feel good about him I look for McPherson to get the start on a beginning of the season pitch count. He was not listed on the injury report that came out yesterday.
-
I think 3 wins in the last 6 get State a host. I think OM needs at least 4 to have a shot. I don't think there's any way NCAA gives all three a host.
-
I believe if State can win at least 4 of their last 9 SEC games they will host. More than 4 and they're a lock. That gets them to 17 SEC wins and the NCAA is not going to turn down a regional in Starkville that will put 35,000-40,000 fans in the stands for a three day regional.
-
The rule was 60 days, but the rule changed last year to where the bona fide move and transfer has to take place before the beginning of school.
-
He won't be the only "transfer". Have heard they have been bringing others in on "visits".
-
They all played on defense as well, I just mentioned there best DL. Don't get me wrong they will be good, but the games I saw them play those seniors they lost were a big part of both sides of the ball.
-
Baldwyn will be good but they actually lost quite a bit. Top WR, TE that signed with Northwest, top RB, best two OL, one of which was their best DL, and the kicker, who was also top backup at LB.
-
Great diagnosis, glad that's all it is.
