David Posted November 25, 2023 Share Posted November 25, 2023 (edited) Vote ends on Friday. Edited November 25, 2023 by David Multiple posts same topic Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bulldogs4 Posted November 25, 2023 Share Posted November 25, 2023 If both teams play their A+ game then Oak Grove wins. Starkville has played well down the stretch but OG is another level this year. Just feels like it will be their year. OG 42-31. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dubaction Posted November 25, 2023 Share Posted November 25, 2023 I’m a little iffy about Our defensive effort going into this one. But I do think Starkville’s strengths will play into OG’s favor. From what I’ve seen and I’ve seen a lot… OG probably has 2-3 more playmakers than Starkville has. Very excited about this game. I wanted to play MC or Starkville since we never actually schedule either team. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JagsFan77 Posted November 27, 2023 Share Posted November 27, 2023 Starkville might have some players sitting the first half. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dubaction Posted November 27, 2023 Share Posted November 27, 2023 How true is that rumor Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tiburon Posted November 27, 2023 Share Posted November 27, 2023 I think it will be an interesting game, but Warriors will prevail. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ogwarriorbandman Posted November 28, 2023 Share Posted November 28, 2023 (edited) Just watched Starkville and Madison Central. Starkville could not beat Brandon or Oak Grove IMO. I’ll take AJ Maddox over Mr 7A all day long. Burnside is really good but we practice against really good WRs everyday. He will get his but it will not be enough. The North teams are usually very physical but this is not one of them. I believe we will take this one home! Edited November 28, 2023 by ogwarriorbandman Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
David Posted November 28, 2023 Author Share Posted November 28, 2023 8 hours ago, JagsFan77 said: Starkville might have some players sitting the first half. What are the actual rules on those ejected from games? If some players were officially kicked out, doesn’t that continue into the first half of the impending game? Surely there’s information on one of the state association sites. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
David Posted November 28, 2023 Author Share Posted November 28, 2023 1 hour ago, ogwarriorbandman said: Just watched Starkville and Madison Central. Starkville could not beat Brandon or Oak Grove IMO. I’ll take AJ Maddox over Mr 7A all day long. Burnside is really good but we practice against really good WRs everyday. He will get his but it will not be enough. The North teams are usually very physical but this is not one of them. I believe we will take this one home! We’ve had our discussions on here all year, but on this one, we agree. Watching the Warriors Friday night showed me a complete offense, even if their defense was challenged. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted November 28, 2023 Share Posted November 28, 2023 Oak Grove has just been on another level this season. I just don’t see them losing to Starkville. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dubaction Posted November 28, 2023 Share Posted November 28, 2023 I do find it interesting Starkville lost to Germantown who has our former OC as the head coach. Similar offenses but nowhere near the same level of talent. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted November 28, 2023 Share Posted November 28, 2023 14 minutes ago, Dubaction said: I do find it interesting Starkville lost to Germantown who has our former OC as the head coach. Similar offenses but nowhere near the same level of talent. You can call it interesting and even go as far as calling it an upset if you would like, but Russell knows how to get the most out of his players and knows how to do more with less. Beating the team who is playing for the state title should carry some weight to it. Just think if he had more to do more with. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dubaction Posted November 28, 2023 Share Posted November 28, 2023 I touched on this earlier this year when someone attempted to correct me lol. I’m not surprised that the guy can coach. He’s good. What I’m saying is he and Causey are pretty similar play callers. We would give Starkville problems offensively regardless but the close relation is what I find interesting. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.