Jump to content

Poplarville vs PRC


kingrhollo
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, slicklizard said:

He will come to his senses I'm sure . This almost looks personal

All I know is that you are supposed to win with class and lose with class.  This obviously paints a different picture, but like you said hopefully he will come to his senses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Rebel Bert said:

So do we have schools, coaches, etc not treating the opposition with respect, honor, and love of the game. Did they not shake hands and except the outcome of the game results. 

Thats pretty much what is happening now. And its going on everywhere. Some school in Louisiana just had their entire season cancelled for fighting and unruly behavior. And the coaches were suspended for a full year if I read it correctly. I believe it was Carroll High School out of Louisiana

Edited by Vott
edit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Vott said:

Thats pretty much what is happening now. And its going on everywhere. Some school in Louisiana just had their entire season cancelled for fighting and unruly behavior. And the coaches were suspended for a full year if I read it correctly. I believe it was Carroll High School out of Louisiana

Yup Carroll Magnet from near Monroe. Hope the LHSAA upholds the suspension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chunky6617 said:

Travel ball culture is creeping into high school sports and is bad for the game. All this “BTA” mess that teams like to do after games has got to stop. Sportsmanship is something that’s lacking these days. From the youth level on up. 

I dont mind the fact if the players dont shake hands after the game. All it takes is one dumb statement or word in the handshake line and all chaos breaks out. I do have an issue with it if coaches dont. Now there are some cases where maybe they probably should not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, pancho said:

So is PRC doing this due to Poplarville getting upside that head?

We certainly aren't going to speculate, but it definitely has the optics of that.  Whatever the reason is, it definitely seems like it's something petty.  Adults need to be adults because these kids are the ones who suffer from this.  It just makes things logistically more difficult as well since it's blanketed to all sports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...