Jump to content

Week 4 Thread


Dawg83
 Share

Recommended Posts

I did not really get to watch the OM-Florida game, will have to catch up on it the next few days, but man, the “letdown game” hype with that one forever more played out, didn’t it?

 

Big win for State finding a way to get it done late. I thought they were in deep trouble at the end of the 3rd quarter. But closed the game really well and made a lot of clutch plays down the stretch.

 

Kamario, Fluff, and Anthony Evans are STUDS. Just playing outstanding football to this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I was wrong about Florida. Obviously I knew they were better but I really felt like Ole Miss would find a way to win this game. 
Tough outing for Ole Miss. 

 

Tough loss for USM but I think you have to feel better about them. Had the lead in the fourth quarter just couldn’t hold it. 
 

Michigan got some comeuppance today with Iowa giving them some of their own medicine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MSTSatchmo said:

Another impressive win for State coming from behind after leading 14-0.  Those are games in the past State would have been on the wrong end of.  Taylor with 360 yards passing.  State struggled on the lines for the first time this year, but made plays when it counted. 

Inherently one of those “I’ve seen how this plays out” moments as a State fan when the lead was blown

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DrownInEtown said:

Inherently one of those “I’ve seen how this plays out” moments as a State fan when the lead was blown

When Mizzou got the ball back up 7 I thought State was done. Mizzou was working State’s defense until that point.

 

It’s almost like the holding call on Mizzou to start the 4th woke State’s defense up and they played very well after that.

Edited by Dawg83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MSTSatchmo said:

The questions I got out of Saturday are how bad is Oklahoma or how good is Georgia.  
 

Alabama is quietly rolling up a ton of points.  They have scored 45+ every game.  
 

 

oklahoma has jackson arnold 2.0 with Mateer, he can't pass the ball and everyone knows it.  Georgia is the most complete team in the country until someone proves otherwise.

bama is quietly getting stronger each week.  after playing at state next week,  bama hosts georgia( see my comment above) and then goes to tennessee in back to back weeks. Bama's nov 7 game at LSU might be hard but kiffin might have more guys injured by then than dressed out. Georgia and Bama will both make the 12 team playoff

Edited by pancho
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Bama game is going to be tough for State. We are banged up and they are good. But the fact that we have not played Alabama in three years means virtually everyone on the roster is playing them with a clean slate. DWS will be rocking. Obviously there will be a decent Bama crowd there. Finally I feel like we have a boxer’s chance against them. 
It will take a lot of points to win this game. 
Russell is a very good young QB similar to KT1. Maybe our defense and the crowd can get him rattled some during the game. 
Turnovers and special teams are going to play a pivotal role in the outcome of this game. 
We will see what happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve watched the extended highlights of OM-Florida.

 

What would concern me deeply is that everything Florida did was at the line of scrimmage. Either running the ball or short passes. And they ripped OM to shreds.

 

OM really needs Lacy back healthy too because I’m not sure how sustainable it is to just count on Chambliss to save you every time. Yesterday was the first clear example of where that can go wrong.

 

Now the good thing for OM is they get a bye and then a couple of games they’ll be clear favorites in. But they’re got a lot to fix before they go to Texas in a month. And Vandy and Mizzou aren’t just terrible, so they better get that defense playing better pretty soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Dawg83 said:

I’ve watched the extended highlights of OM-Florida.

 

What would concern me deeply is that everything Florida did was at the line of scrimmage. Either running the ball or short passes. And they ripped OM to shreds.

 

OM really needs Lacy back healthy too because I’m not sure how sustainable it is to just count on Chambliss to save you every time. Yesterday was the first clear example of where that can go wrong.

 

Now the good thing for OM is they get a bye and then a couple of games they’ll be clear favorites in. But they’re got a lot to fix before they go to Texas in a month. And Vandy and Mizzou aren’t just terrible, so they better get that defense playing better pretty soon.

Their defense is horrible.They got manhandled and outcoached

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...