slicklizard Posted September 3, 2021 Share Posted September 3, 2021 Is this game going to be played ?I haven’t really haven’t kept up too much this week but figured since I was staying in D’Iberville I would go over and catch this game. I also wouldn’t turn down any food offered at a tailgate or that chicken buffet on Hwy 90. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dubaction Posted September 3, 2021 Share Posted September 3, 2021 Ocean Springs will win. I think Hattiesburg can work some offensive kinks out against their D though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Archer Posted September 3, 2021 Share Posted September 3, 2021 OS wins. I think Hattiesburg's speed on offense could challenge them but OS will probably light up the scoreboard. Parking tip: Park west of the stadium in front of the Tuesday Morning store. Quick access to Hwy 90 and a short walk over. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vott Posted September 3, 2021 Share Posted September 3, 2021 1 hour ago, Archer said: OS wins. I think Hattiesburg's speed on offense could challenge them but OS will probably light up the scoreboard. Parking tip: Park west of the stadium in front of the Tuesday Morning store. Quick access to Hwy 90 and a short walk OS will not put up 45 on HHS. This HHS defense is for real. I'm not saying this because I'm an HHS fan either. They aren't that big but they are athletic and fast. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RUNNINGMAN67 Posted September 3, 2021 Share Posted September 3, 2021 Greyhounds by 30 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Deonte3455 Posted September 3, 2021 Share Posted September 3, 2021 If somehow OS does pick this Hattiesburg defense apart which I don’t think they can then OG will skin us alive next week. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ogwarriorbandman Posted September 3, 2021 Share Posted September 3, 2021 So y’all think HHS defense is better than Clinton’s D? Petals offense is terrible… OS 34 - HHS 19 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vott Posted September 3, 2021 Share Posted September 3, 2021 1 hour ago, ogwarriorbandman said: So y’all think HHS defense is better than Clinton’s D? Petals offense is terrible… OS 34 - HHS 19 I do. I'm not sugarcoating it. HHS D is legit Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Deonte3455 Posted September 3, 2021 Share Posted September 3, 2021 We certainly about to find out tonight if they are or not. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
slicklizard Posted September 4, 2021 Author Share Posted September 4, 2021 9 hours ago, Vott said: OS will not put up 45 on HHS. This HHS defense is for real. I'm not saying this because I'm an HHS fan either. They aren't that big but they are athletic and fast. Fools gold last week. Your offense looks to have taken a step back if that was possible. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Deonte3455 Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 22 minutes ago, slicklizard said: Fools gold last week. Your offense looks to have taken a step back if that was possible. Nope slick Hattiesburg defense ain’t what I thought it was. Excuse me for my sour eyes. I’m done with this mess. OS offense is for real and OG will skin us alive next week. 0-4 in non region will happen. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
slicklizard Posted September 4, 2021 Author Share Posted September 4, 2021 (edited) Ocean Springs offense looks like Wayne county Marcus Boyles coaching you can’t win if you can’t score points in today’s game Edited September 4, 2021 by slicklizard Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Merlin Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 (edited) Hattiesburg might win 3 games. Maybe. And I’m not sure of that. 1?? How is Florence? That defense it not as advertised and they may have the worst offense in 5A. Edited September 4, 2021 by Merlin Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Deonte3455 Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 1 minute ago, Merlin said: Hattiesburg might win 3 games. Maybe. And I’m not sure of that. 1?? How is Florence? That defense it not as advertised and they may have the worst offense in 5A. Touché Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Merlin Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 3 minutes ago, Deonte3455 said: Touché I hate it for you guys too. Mostly because I thought y’all would beat out Vicksburg for that 4th seed. Guess I have to rely on Brookhaven. But as of right now you guys, Florence and south jones in for a hard time. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Deonte3455 Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 5 minutes ago, Merlin said: I hate it for you guys too. Mostly because I thought y’all would beat out Vicksburg for that 4th seed. Guess I have to rely on Brookhaven. But as of right now you guys, Florence and south jones in for a hard time. Sometimes I get cloudy judgement but that’s me being a die hard tiger fan and most times I would bat for them but this is not it. Disappointing is an understatement. Right now in week 2 I don’t see us making the playoffs and quite frankly with this product I don’t want to. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Merlin Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 1 minute ago, Deonte3455 said: Sometimes I get cloudy judgement but that’s me being a die hard tiger fan and most times I would bat for them but this is not it. Disappointing is an understatement. Right now in week 2 I don’t see us making the playoffs and quite frankly with this product I don’t want to. that’s understandable. sadly covid is going to have a large say for some teams as it did last year (starkville last year for instance). West jones is missing a lot of starters now and has a number of 10th graders on the field and multiple guys playing iron man. This will not be a good thing if this goes all year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arashatora Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 10 hours ago, Vott said: OS will not put up 45 on HHS. This HHS defense is for real. I'm not saying this because I'm an HHS fan either. They aren't that big but they are athletic and fast. Aged like milk Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Deonte3455 Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 10 minutes ago, Merlin said: that’s understandable. sadly covid is going to have a large say for some teams as it did last year (starkville last year for instance). West jones is missing a lot of starters now and has a number of 10th graders on the field and multiple guys playing iron man. This will not be a good thing if this goes all year. I think west is the only team with true depth on the team in our region or in the south probably not just bodies but real depth Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Merlin Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 12 minutes ago, Deonte3455 said: I think west is the only team with true depth on the team in our region or in the south probably not just bodies but real depth yep. I was told over 90 on the roster. 12 returning starters. 6 of the returners were out vs Madison central including a rb, 2 o line, wr, d line and a lb. many other kids did not make the trip to Madison. This week a lb is playing rb. There are about 9 sophomores that started this game. After halftime it was basically 10 of them in offense and half the defense. This years senior class isn’t that big. But it has some key guys on it. We got a je that could be dandy dozen next year. And 2 10th graders that could be by their senior years. But covid is messing with kids by decreasing playing time and such so who knows what kind of effect it will have on everyone. WJ truly has a team that could repeat and in fact is said to be the reason our coach didn’t retire after last year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Deonte3455 Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 Over 90 kids dammnn is that not 6a numbers? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Merlin Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 10 minutes ago, Deonte3455 said: Over 90 kids dammnn is that not 6a numbers? In 04 and 05 WJ had 94 kids on the roster. and WJ’s jr high team been very hood the last 3 years. I know of at least 1 assistant coach at a nearby school (in our division actually) that while they were undergoing coaching changes the assistant was hoping if he wasn’t retained he could get on at west because, and I quote, “West Jones is loaded for bear the next 3 or 4 years”. We will go as far as our QB (historically with our coaching staff this is the case) turnovers (an issue the last 2 years and seems to be trending this year so far) or Covid will allow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vott Posted September 4, 2021 Share Posted September 4, 2021 10 hours ago, Arashatora said: Aged like milk Didn't see that coming. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.