Arashatora Posted January 6, 2023 Share Posted January 6, 2023 On 1/5/2023 at 9:22 AM, JagsFan77 said: I would expect a school the size of Madison Central to have better graphics... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BrickCity Posted January 6, 2023 Share Posted January 6, 2023 1 hour ago, Vott said: OK. What point are you trying to make? It wont be the first time or the last time that there has been a bigger game than The Little Brown Jug Game. Its just a prediction.. I think that game will get more hype. Wont surprise me if it becomes an every year thing. Honestly they could take away the all-star game and make the hoover/OG the new MS-AL game Very possible Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted January 8, 2023 Author Share Posted January 8, 2023 Are schedules not being posted? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vice004 Posted January 9, 2023 Share Posted January 9, 2023 If anyone has the Wayne County schedule I’d love to see it lol. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vott Posted January 9, 2023 Share Posted January 9, 2023 On 12/5/2022 at 7:15 AM, maroontide06 said: Picayune Football 2023 8/25 - @ Brandon 9/1 - open 9/8 - @ D’Iberville 9/15 - @ Gulfport 9/22 - Ocean Springs 9/29 - PRC 10/6 - @ Pascagoula * 10/13 - West Harrison * 10/20 - @ Long Beach * 10/27 - @ George County * 11/2 - Hancock * Just saw you guys filled your sept 1 open date with catholic high out of Baton Rouge. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted January 9, 2023 Share Posted January 9, 2023 18 minutes ago, Vott said: Just saw you guys filled your sept 1 open date with catholic high out of Baton Rouge. Really? I'm going to have to check that out. Hopefully it's a home game for us because we need one badly. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted January 9, 2023 Share Posted January 9, 2023 23 minutes ago, Vott said: Just saw you guys filled your sept 1 open date with catholic high out of Baton Rouge. They beat Zachary 24-21 during the regular season and then lost to John Curtis by the same score in the 3rd round of the Louisiana playoffs. They look like they'll be a real challenge, but we will need that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Big Poppa Posted January 9, 2023 Share Posted January 9, 2023 25 minutes ago, Vott said: Just saw you guys filled your sept 1 open date with catholic high out of Baton Rouge. Its true. First 5 games will be tough going but should make ready for the ultimate goal. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted January 9, 2023 Share Posted January 9, 2023 14 minutes ago, Big Poppa said: Its true. First 5 games will be tough going but should make ready for the ultimate goal. PRC is looking like our off week before district play starts. I think we'll probably need to rest some guys that week. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wpgreenwave51 Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 Columbus dropped us. That's a tough non-district schedule 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pancho Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 who ya'll playing in the state champship this december? 1 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 1 hour ago, pancho said: who ya'll playing in the state champship this december? I'm certainly not speaking on behalf of wpgreenwave51, but through process of elimination and the visual eye test it looks like they very well could be seeing Wayne County. I could be totally wrong there, but which team in regions 3&4 of 5A will pose a greater threat than Wayne County? If you can come up with an answer there I honestly would love to hear it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vott Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 2 hours ago, maroontide06 said: I'm certainly not speaking on behalf of wpgreenwave51, but through process of elimination and the visual eye test it looks like they very well could be seeing Wayne County. I could be totally wrong there, but which team in regions 3&4 of 5A will pose a greater threat than Wayne County? If you can come up with an answer there I honestly would love to hear it. I believe 5a South comes down to WC Laurel and East Central 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
coastfootballfanman Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 32 minutes ago, Vott said: I believe 5a South comes down to WC Laurel and East Central East Central loses a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. I will be surprised to see them contending for 5A south honestly. Stranger things have happened though. LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 1 hour ago, Vott said: I believe 5a South comes down to WC Laurel and East Central If 5A south comes down to Wayne County and Laurel, then give me Wayne County. There's no excuse for them not to be better than Laurel. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pinebeltsavy Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 21 hours ago, Vott said: Just saw you guys filled your sept 1 open date with catholic high out of Baton Rouge. thought yall played prc and poplarville every year? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vott Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 Hattiesburg High schedule for 2023. Aug. 25 at petal Sept 1 at Laurel Sept 8 Oak Grove Sept 15 Biloxi Sept 22 Sumrall Sept 29 at George Co Oct 6 at Forest Hill Oct 13 open Oct 20 at Pearl River Central Oct 27 Terry Nov 2 West Jones Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 4 hours ago, pinebeltsavy said: thought yall played prc and poplarville every year? Picayune will play PRC this year, just not Poplarville though I would have rather played them instead. I guess scheduling conflicts prevented that from happening, but hopefully we can get them back in the rotation in a couple of years along with the folks in Bassfield. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vott Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 4 minutes ago, maroontide06 said: Picayune will play PRC this year, just not Poplarville though I would have rather played them instead. I guess scheduling conflicts prevented that from happening, but hopefully we can get them back in the rotation in a couple of years along with the folks in Bassfield. so yall will play them twice this season. Regular season and then 1st round of playoffs. LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted January 10, 2023 Share Posted January 10, 2023 1 hour ago, Vott said: so yall will play them twice this season. Regular season and then 1st round of playoffs. LOL If the chalk holds for both teams then yes, but Picayune has to win the district and PRC has got to get the 4 spot. If they lay the proverbial egg and let everyone in region 3 beat them, they are officially scrambled at that point and Owen is probably a burnt piece of toast. Scrambled eggs and burnt toast - what a great breakfast to have LOL! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wpgreenwave51 Posted January 11, 2023 Share Posted January 11, 2023 19 hours ago, pancho said: who ya'll playing in the state champship this december? Laurel or Wayne County is my guess 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vice004 Posted January 16, 2023 Share Posted January 16, 2023 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted January 16, 2023 Share Posted January 16, 2023 The 8/24 game at Oak Grove looks like a tough one right out of the gate for Wayne County, but the rest of the tougher opponents they have, they get them at home. From the eye test it looks like a favorable schedule for the War Eagles. If they don't run the table in 4-5A, I'll be surprised. Having Laurel at home will be huge for Wayne County. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vott Posted January 16, 2023 Share Posted January 16, 2023 1 hour ago, maroontide06 said: The 8/24 game at Oak Grove looks like a tough one right out of the gate for Wayne County, but the rest of the tougher opponents they have, they get them at home. From the eye test it looks like a favorable schedule for the War Eagles. If they don't run the table in 4-5A, I'll be surprised. Having Laurel at home will be huge for Wayne County. I know it is a tough one right off the bat for WC and also on the road, but WC proved last season that they could stay on the field with OG and really should have beaten them. There is not a team on their schedule this season they cant beat and if I have to choose a definite loss for WC it would be the OG game. That being said, I will say WC goes 9-1. Wont be shocked at 10-0. I cant see them losing more than 2 in the regular season Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted January 16, 2023 Share Posted January 16, 2023 2 minutes ago, Vott said: I know it is a tough one right off the bat for WC and also on the road, but WC proved last season that they could stay on the field with OG and really should have beaten them. There is not a team on their schedule this season they cant beat and if I have to choose a definite loss for WC it would be the OG game. That being said, I will say WC goes 9-1. Wont be shocked at 10-0. I cant see them losing more than 2 in the regular season You can call me crazy and I may have to eat some crow later on (which I'm perfectly ok with), but I just don't see Wayne County losing to Laurel even if they have to play them twice. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.