Rebel Bert Posted November 16, 2024 Share Posted November 16, 2024 Northside at Union Calhoun City at Charleston Bay Springs at Heidelberg Raleigh at Loyd Star Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted November 16, 2024 Author Share Posted November 16, 2024 I'm guessing if you don't get to Loyd Star early you may have a half a mile walk or better to the stadium. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chunky6617 Posted November 16, 2024 Share Posted November 16, 2024 12 minutes ago, Rebel Bert said: I'm guessing if you don't get to Loyd Star early you may have a half a mile walk or better to the stadium. Not a long walk. Just a really really small set of bleachers on the visiting side. Probably the smallest I have ever seen anywhere at any stadium, including 1A stadiums. Once those fill up, everybody else will have to stand along the fence. The stadium itself it pretty nice. Just not alot of seating on visiting side. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kurt Cobain Posted November 16, 2024 Share Posted November 16, 2024 48 minutes ago, Chunky6617 said: Not a long walk. Just a really really small set of bleachers on the visiting side. Probably the smallest I have ever seen anywhere at any stadium, including 1A stadiums. Once those fill up, everybody else will have to stand along the fence. The stadium itself it pretty nice. Just not alot of seating on visiting side. I thought they improved their stadium a few years ago??? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chunky6617 Posted November 16, 2024 Share Posted November 16, 2024 (edited) 11 minutes ago, Kurt Cobain said: I thought they improved their stadium a few years ago??? They did. And it’s really nice. But they definitely went cheap on bleachers for the visiting side. It’s by far the smallest I have ever seen. It’s almost like bleachers for little league baseball games for kids in elementary school. By time the band takes up their spot, there’s nowhere to sit. Better bring a lot of stadium chairs Edited November 16, 2024 by Chunky6617 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kurt Cobain Posted November 16, 2024 Share Posted November 16, 2024 8 minutes ago, Chunky6617 said: They did. And it’s really nice. But they definitely went cheap on bleachers for the visiting side. It’s by far the smallest I have ever seen. It’s almost like bleachers for little league baseball games for kids in elementary school. By time the band takes up their spot, there’s nowhere to sit. Better bring a lot of stadium chairs It's been years since Bay Springs play them. I think last time was 02-03 season and they had little league baseball style bleachers then. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chunky6617 Posted November 16, 2024 Share Posted November 16, 2024 10 minutes ago, Kurt Cobain said: It's been years since Bay Springs play them. I think last time was 02-03 season and they had little league baseball style bleachers then. Their home bleachers are nice. They look a lot like Mize’s home bleachers. The field looks great, scoreboard is nice. Just really really small visitor bleachers 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kurt Cobain Posted November 16, 2024 Share Posted November 16, 2024 Just now, Chunky6617 said: Their home bleachers are nice. They look a lot like Mize’s home bleachers. The field looks great, scoreboard is nice. Just really really small visitor bleachers Ok I know I saw a couple of videos from last year team and, I was thinking man their home side look nice but i never could see their visitors side. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chunky6617 Posted November 16, 2024 Share Posted November 16, 2024 1 minute ago, Kurt Cobain said: Ok I know I saw a couple of videos from last year team and, I was thinking man their home side look nice but i never could see their visitors side. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted November 16, 2024 Author Share Posted November 16, 2024 6 hours ago, Chunky6617 said: Raleigh band will fill all that in. Hopefully they have plenty of food. They never intend to play anyone larger than Franklin County. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kurt Cobain Posted November 17, 2024 Share Posted November 17, 2024 23 hours ago, Chunky6617 said: OH Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chunky6617 Posted November 17, 2024 Share Posted November 17, 2024 (edited) As for the game between Raleigh and Loyd star, Raleigh should win that game, maybe even pretty handily. Raleigh probably won’t score a ton of points, but Loyd Star will not be able to run their style of offense against Raleigh. I do not think they will score more than once, if at all. Nothing against Loyd Star, because they play hard, but you just cannot just line up and run it right at Raleigh’s defense. I like Raleigh to win 28-7 Edited November 17, 2024 by Chunky6617 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted November 17, 2024 Author Share Posted November 17, 2024 On 11/16/2024 at 9:59 AM, Kurt Cobain said: I thought they improved their stadium a few years ago??? Google map shows it as a new stadium NE of the campus with a nice sized parking lot. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted November 17, 2024 Author Share Posted November 17, 2024 56 minutes ago, Kurt Cobain said: OH Raleigh may bring 1500 to 2000. 1000 at the least. Raleigh can easily fill that home side up. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BigBlue35 Posted November 17, 2024 Share Posted November 17, 2024 The visiting bleachers a real small so fans from Raleigh either need to bring some lawn chairs or get there early. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
choctawman Posted November 18, 2024 Share Posted November 18, 2024 Very nice except for visitor seating. Bring your chairs. It would be a tough call, but I would not bring band. Help with some seating. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted November 18, 2024 Author Share Posted November 18, 2024 24 minutes ago, choctawman said: Very nice except for visitor seating. Bring your chairs. It would be a tough call, but I would not bring band. Help with some seating. Their probably coming in support. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chunky6617 Posted November 23, 2024 Share Posted November 23, 2024 Heidelberg @ Raleigh for south state for 2nd year in a row. The best offense in 2A against the best defense in 2A. However, Heidelberg’s defense is almost just as good as Raleigh’s. I have seen both teams up close and personal. Heidelberg is a better version of Magee. If Raleigh had more offensive firepower, they could make this a game but they are going to need Heidelberg to beat themselves in order to have a chance Im afraid. I normally do not like to predict a shutout, but I think I will this week. I got Heidelberg winning 28-0, and also winning it all the next week against Charleston. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted November 23, 2024 Author Share Posted November 23, 2024 27 minutes ago, Chunky6617 said: Heidelberg @ Raleigh for south state for 2nd year in a row. The best offense in 2A against the best defense in 2A. However, Heidelberg’s defense is almost just as good as Raleigh’s. I have seen both teams up close and personal. Heidelberg is a better version of Magee. If Raleigh had more offensive firepower, they could make this a game but they are going to need Heidelberg to beat themselves in order to have a chance Im afraid. I normally do not like to predict a shutout, but I think I will this week. I got Heidelberg winning 28-0, and also winning it all the next week against Charleston. Raleigh 14 Heidelberg 6 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
s1nglewing Posted November 23, 2024 Share Posted November 23, 2024 7 minutes ago, Rebel Bert said: Raleigh 14 Heidelberg 6 Heidelberg by 12 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chunky6617 Posted November 23, 2024 Share Posted November 23, 2024 Heidelberg already had 5000 yards of offense on the season coming in to last nights game. Raleigh will have the best defense that Heidelberg has faced so far, and their defense will keep the game close for a half. But Heidelberg’s defense is almost just as good as Raleigh’s, and Raleigh‘s offense should struggle to move the ball. I think Heidelberg scores once each quarter. But if they score quick and early like Magee did, it could get ugly. Raleigh’s offense is not built to come from behind. They rely on their defense to keep them in the game, while attempting to pound away on offense. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted November 23, 2024 Author Share Posted November 23, 2024 3 minutes ago, Chunky6617 said: Heidelberg already had 5000 yards of offense on the season coming in to last nights game. Raleigh will have the best defense that Heidelberg has faced so far, and their defense will keep the game close for a half. But Heidelberg’s defense is almost just as good as Raleigh’s, and Raleigh‘s offense should struggle to move the ball. I think Heidelberg scores once each quarter. But if they score quick and early like Magee did, it could get ugly. Raleigh’s offense is not built to come from behind. They rely on their defense to keep them in the game, while attempting to pound away on offense. It will be much closer than you think. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.