Jump to content

Merlin

Members
  • Posts

    1,577
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    17

Everything posted by Merlin

  1. That west jones/Madison game will be closer than that unless one team implodes. And WJ will score more than 10.
  2. You got that backwards. West jones won that one 28-0
  3. West jones 28 Pearl 0 final in 1 half.
  4. The jamboree at Wayne County has been cancelled.
  5. Its about to happen to a lot more teams. And I was told the Stone County situation was likely to be extended past 14 days. They are talking about possibly doing it for 2 months. Over 200 kids are in quarantine. Started with the band. I also know that Wayne County had a "when. not if" meeting today as they had 91 kids out. Hattiesburg is in a panic over the numbers and also considering shutting it down a couple weeks. We will be lucky if this football season is completed. Almost everyone is assured to have some forfeit games at this point.
  6. Making week 1 an exhibition at least gives both teams a chance to have an unofficial game/practice vs just not doing it at all. FCAHS went virtual as of yesterday. By next week I bet we start seeing forfeits of games due to more schools starting back over the course of the next week.
  7. laurel returns I think 7 starters on defense including the entire line. They did lose all the skill position players on offense. But yes, I agree. If natchez is to get in the playoffs like some are saying it will be over laurel.
  8. Heard a rumor that MC lost their starting QB for the ear due to a ligament tear. Any truth?
  9. My predictions about 5A South Region 3-5A West Jones (Returns enough everywhere except QB to win it all again. Big question at QB. But most experienced coaching staff in the south) Wayne County (New coach but with more experience than prior 2 coaches. Does the players buy in? We know they have talent despite loosing a ton) Hattiesburg (Young. Should have a lot of talent.) Laurel (Lost all their weapons from last year. They have a coach with experience building championship teams. But may be starting from scratch). South Jones (2nd year being coached by Todd Breland. There is some excitement of here about being more improved this year) Natchez (Depending on what forum your on some say they have like 4 D1 kids. But its natchez, they always suck. Can the coaches take advantage of talent? I think no) Brookhaven (Having some down years) Florence (Painful introduction to 5A) Region 4-5A: Honestly, I think Gautier returns the most talent so I want to put them at the top. But I feel like you could put any of them, Picayune, East Central and George County anywhere in the top 4 and be ok. They will likely get swept out of the first round of the playoffs at any rate.
  10. You're not sure about WJ's QB situation, while being excited about a freshman at Hattiesburg? West Jones returns more starters than anyone else in the division and probably in 5A South. This on top of frequently rotating players (especially on the O and D lines) for the last 2 years them a good bit of depth. The one and only real question is the QB. I would not be surprised if they transition to more of a run first team and will look very similar to 2019 West Point. As far as the north. WP showed some chinks in its armor last year and I don't think they win it. I will take Lake Cormorant or Ridgeland.
  11. Are you buying into the hype the guy from Natchez is spouting off in that facebook group? They will not even make the playoffs.
  12. Natchez has a fan claiming they will be a playoff team via other media. Then a couple weeks later he claiming they will win state. Supposedly have a D1 caliber RB, WR and a couple linemen. They put up a lot of points vs Laurel in a loss. A lot vs South Jones in a 1 point loss (South jones let Vancleave hang 70 on them). Got drilled into oblivion by West Jones. Doesn't matter how many athletes they have if they do not have the coaching. They may beat Wingfield. May have a dog fight with Brookhaven who I think is down. I think South Jones will be improved a little. Not sure about Florence. They probably wont be within 3 scores of WJ, Laurel, Wayne County or Hattiesburg.
  13. West Jones Schedule: August 20: Petal (Scrimmage) August 27: at Madison Central September 3: Northeast Jones September 10: Open September 17: at Wingfield September 24: Brookhaven October 1: at Natchez October 8: South Jones October 15: at Florence October 22: Laurel October 29: at Hattiesburg November 5: at Wayne County
  14. I want my post count from the old MST site back. And from the scout site. Add them up!
×
×
  • Create New...