Picayune vs West Point

Hightide

no dirt kicking here. IF coach Chambliss retires…who knows  that would be a big hurdle but they have been the number one program in the state for a long time. that requires more than a great head coach. i have nothing but respect for the program. 

the vast majority of the wp fans on here and facebook and other forums ive read are another matter. no respect for them at all. mostly spoiled brats  that you cannot even have a logical conversation with. 

On 12/8/2021 at 8:03 PM, Big Poppa said:

I would be a little hesitant about kicking dirt on West Point just yet, they have a tremendous program and a system that they believe in. They have some really good players coming back but so do a lot of teams. Should be an exciting year in 2022 cant wait. RTR

Not dirt kicking but I will say that West Point made it because they didn't have to go through Picayune or Laurel before the state championship game. I firmly stand by my claim that Picayune and Laurel were both the best two teams in 5A. They just had to play before the state title game. Also, we all saw the play. WP player was down vs NC. 

On 12/10/2021 at 8:19 PM, slicklizard said:

Just on the eye test I think Laurel was the second best 5A team in the state with West Point or Neshoba at three. It is hard to look past that back hitting the ground then scoring. Was that late ot early in that game?

It was the first TD of the game in the 1st quarter I believe. WP ended up winning by 6. Hypothetically could've lost by 1 point if that call isn't botched. 

13 hours ago, slicklizard said:

That does change my perspective on it some. They had the whole game to overcome it in and didn’t. It doesn’t make the call right  though. Their offense wasn’t dynamic enough to win the game but they were probably on even footing with West Point as far as ranking order.

Yeah I semi agree but it's pretty freaking hard to overcome a gift TD like that. I mean. Seriously. Free points. I understand the idea of the offense supposedly not being dynamic but that takes away how well the defense played and that missed call cost them. 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:39 PM, Big Poppa said:

This guy here. Why can't you let it go, we gave you praise and made no excuses when West Jones beat the Tide last year at our place we congratulated and moved on. Hey you finally won one last year how about acting like you been there before. I guess you forgot about the beatdown the Tide put on you all at your place in 2019. Most of the fans wanted you all to beat Laurel cause the Tornados were a tougher match up for the Tide .I have many relatives that live within walking distance of the West Jones Stadium in the Lebanon community and several of my cousins were good players for the Mustangs. I spent many of my summers in the community with my grandparents who are buried right there at Lebanon. You getting on here and acting like a pompous troll sullies the reputation of the good people of West Jones.

if you were a poster on here before the last few weeks you would realize that this is what I do and have done since 2003 on these forums.  I give zero craps about your opinion of me. 

Also, picayune fans cried from south state game in 2018 all the way till 2019 about how WJ wasn’t the better team in 18 after we beat y’all in south state.  So bit my arse. 

Edited by Merlin

20 hours ago, Merlin said:

if you were a poster on here before the last few weeks you would realize that this is what I do and have done since 2003 on these forums.  I give zero craps about your opinion of me. 

Also, picayune fans cried from south state game in 2018 all the way till 2019 about how WJ wasn’t the better team in 18 after we beat y’all in south state.  So bit my arse. 

I have been on here many years Marylin, I go way back when Appletalk was reeking havoc on here so don't be fooled cause I only posted a few times under my current handle. If you were an honest person which you have proven that you are not with your goofy analysis of teams and games, If you had a shred of credibility which you obviously don't you would say honestly that the greatest team ever to play high school football your beloved  Mustang's QB's knee was down on the touchdown that ended up being the game winner in 2018. You all were big favorites and barely squeaked out the win. The next year you got run out of your own stadium as a big favorite. What a Tool and poser.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 5:50 PM, Big Poppa said:

I have been on here many years Marylin, I go way back when Appletalk was reeking havoc on here so don't be fooled cause I only posted a few times under my current handle. If you were an honest person which you have proven that you are not with your goofy analysis of teams and games, If you had a shred of credibility which you obviously don't you would say honestly that the greatest team ever to play high school football your beloved  Mustang's QB's knee was down on the touchdown that ended up being the game winner in 2018. You all were big favorites and barely squeaked out the win. The next year you got run out of your own stadium as a big favorite. What a Tool and poser.

You havn't paid any attention at all have you.

My analysis and opinions are no more goofy than anyone elses.  But anyone that has paid any attention to any of my posts on here knows that I do not consider the West Jones 2018 team as the greatest WJ team ever.  That in my opinion, and many others, would be the 2003 team.  I actually place our 2018 team around 5th or 6th of past teams.  And there were photo's posted here, on various MS high school facebook groups, and even a video of the play you mention the qb's knee being down.  And in only 1 photo, from that one angle, does it look like his knee was down and not laying on the would-be tacklers leg.  Most of the others you couldn't see clearly due to another Picayune player standing in the way.  Which the Ref that was standing right there not 10 feet away was looking right at, unobstructed.  Not that it matters because we still would have beat you that game (final was 21-13 was it not?). We also were not favorites to win that game. 

There are many others over the years that believe that had this, or that, gone a bit different with their team on this or that year they would have won state.  I am no different.  Had West Jones not have lost their 2nd best player and defender for the season to covid the week before the season started, the best player overall the week before the Laurel game to a tore ACL, and had to start almost 40 different kids during the course of the season due to covid, and had 2 kids literally die, I believe they would have won 5A this year.  Even to the point of having gone undefeated and beating the eventual 6A state champion in week 1.  Thats simply my opinion (and also at least 1 coach on WJ's coaching staff).  

On 1/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, Merlin said:

You havn't paid any attention at all have you.

My analysis and opinions are no more goofy than anyone elses.  But anyone that has paid any attention to any of my posts on here knows that I do not consider the West Jones 2018 team as the greatest WJ team ever.  That in my opinion, and many others, would be the 2003 team.  I actually place our 2018 team around 5th or 6th of past teams.  And there were photo's posted here, on various MS high school facebook groups, and even a video of the play you mention the qb's knee being down.  And in only 1 photo, from that one angle, does it look like his knee was down and not laying on the would-be tacklers leg.  Most of the others you couldn't see clearly due to another Picayune player standing in the way.  Which the Ref that was standing right there not 10 feet away was looking right at, unobstructed.  Not that it matters because we still would have beat you that game (final was 21-13 was it not?). We also were not favorites to win that game. 

There are many others over the years that believe that had this, or that, gone a bit different with their team on this or that year they would have won state.  I am no different.  Had West Jones not have lost their 2nd best player and defender for the season to covid the week before the season started, the best player overall the week before the Laurel game to a tore ACL, and had to start almost 40 different kids during the course of the season due to covid, and had 2 kids literally die, I believe they would have won 5A this year.  Even to the point of having gone undefeated and beating the eventual 6A state champion in week 1.  Thats simply my opinion (and also at least 1 coach on WJ's coaching staff).  

You are a funny guy Marilyn. Injuries are always part of the game. My condolences to the young men's families that lost their lives tragic indeed and much to young. As they like to say there is always next year, good luck.