pancho Posted 23 hours ago Share Posted 23 hours ago Myrtle is claiming their number right now is 140. Hamilton is 136. I know both these tallies would have been in 1A two years ago. My deal is, do we have enough 1A teams to move up to 2A to facilitate this? I have the same issue with all the 4A folks who say they are dropping to 3A. I still se no way that Louisville, Rosa Fort, Ripley, Amory and Mooreville can all drop down from 4A to 3A. I think the cutoff numbers will be adjusted. Am I incorrect here? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted 22 hours ago Author Share Posted 22 hours ago 53 minutes ago, pancho said: Myrtle is claiming their number right now is 140. Hamilton is 136. I know both these tallies would have been in 1A two years ago. My deal is, do we have enough 1A teams to move up to 2A to facilitate this? I have the same issue with all the 4A folks who say they are dropping to 3A. I still se no way that Louisville, Rosa Fort, Ripley, Amory and Mooreville can all drop down from 4A to 3A. I think the cutoff numbers will be adjusted. Am I incorrect here? I think your correct in saying that the multiplier will likely send PCS, St Patrick, and St Andrew's to 4A. Sacred Heart will likely go 3A/2A. TPCS, and Resurrection will likely go 2A. St Stanislaus and OLA will be 3A/4A pending the double multiplier. What we don't know is if these schools actually apply the multiplier before turning numbers in or if the association applies the multiplier prior to creating the list of schools in each class. From what I can tell based soly on the 2025 numbers at MDE the following splits will be in place plus or minus 5 students: 4A split 470-335 3A split 334-214 OLA non football 2A split 213-149 Pine Grove non football 1A split 148-15 11 non football in the NE, 2 non football in the south or 34 football. Likely Yazoo County to region 3 or 6. Louisville or Noxubee County to region 5. So yes if you were bottom 5 or 10 and you turned in a lower number than 2 years ago you may drop down vs going up if you turned in a higher number and is currently in the top 5 or so. The multiplier could send some 4A schools down to 3A especially if those listed above did not have applied to them 2 years ago. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Coach Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago 21 hours ago, Rebel Bert said: I think your correct in saying that the multiplier will likely send PCS, St Patrick, and St Andrew's to 4A. Sacred Heart will likely go 3A/2A. TPCS, and Resurrection will likely go 2A. St Stanislaus and OLA will be 3A/4A pending the double multiplier. What we don't know is if these schools actually apply the multiplier before turning numbers in or if the association applies the multiplier prior to creating the list of schools in each class. From what I can tell based soly on the 2025 numbers at MDE the following splits will be in place plus or minus 5 students: 4A split 470-335 3A split 334-214 OLA non football 2A split 213-149 Pine Grove non football 1A split 148-15 11 non football in the NE, 2 non football in the south or 34 football. Likely Yazoo County to region 3 or 6. Louisville or Noxubee County to region 5. So yes if you were bottom 5 or 10 and you turned in a lower number than 2 years ago you may drop down vs going up if you turned in a higher number and is currently in the top 5 or so. The multiplier could send some 4A schools down to 3A especially if those listed above did not have applied to them 2 years ago. What do you think the baseline numbers will look like for each class? Think that number will drop with the schools numbers dropping like they have? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pancho Posted 56 minutes ago Share Posted 56 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, Coach said: What do you think the baseline numbers will look like for each class? Think that number will drop with the schools numbers dropping like they have? That is the point that I can't get past. I just don't think there can be massive numbers of schools just dropping down a class simply due to having less enrollment all of a sudden. It's a moot point when basically all schools now have less enrollment so the numbers all drop and thus the cutoff numbers will fluctuate. My guess is 4A will be roughly from 330-335 up to 470ish. 3A will be 330-335 down to roughly 210. 2A will be 210ish down to 150 or less and that leaves 1A with roughly 145-150 tops. I think 3 to 5 students will be big when we get to looking at theses cutoff lines. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Coach Posted 38 minutes ago Share Posted 38 minutes ago 13 minutes ago, pancho said: That is the point that I can't get past. I just don't think there can be massive numbers of schools just dropping down a class simply due to having less enrollment all of a sudden. It's a moot point when basically all schools now have less enrollment so the numbers all drop and thus the cutoff numbers will fluctuate. My guess is 4A will be roughly from 330-335 up to 470ish. 3A will be 330-335 down to roughly 210. 2A will be 210ish down to 150 or less and that leaves 1A with roughly 145-150 tops. I think 3 to 5 students will be big when we get to looking at theses cutoff lines. So you think the number will go up? 1A was 69-151 2A was 152-208 3A was 209-320 4A was 321-476. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted 24 minutes ago Author Share Posted 24 minutes ago 30 minutes ago, pancho said: That is the point that I can't get past. I just don't think there can be massive numbers of schools just dropping down a class simply due to having less enrollment all of a sudden. It's a moot point when basically all schools now have less enrollment so the numbers all drop and thus the cutoff numbers will fluctuate. My guess is 4A will be roughly from 330-335 up to 470ish. 3A will be 330-335 down to roughly 210. 2A will be 210ish down to 150 or less and that leaves 1A with roughly 145-150 tops. I think 3 to 5 students will be big when we get to looking at theses cutoff lines. That's what the 2025 numbers showed me without the multiplier in play or even knowing what those schools will turn in. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted 22 minutes ago Author Share Posted 22 minutes ago 14 minutes ago, Coach said: So you think the number will go up? 1A was 69-151 2A was 152-208 3A was 209-320 4A was 321-476. Here is what the 2025 numbers showed me: 4A 470--331 3A 330--214 2A 214--151 1A 150--16 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.