s1nglewing Posted December 4, 2024 Share Posted December 4, 2024 Something I saw on Texas football, in which a team can opt up to play in a higher classification. I can think of a handful that might consider that... just to settle is who actually best. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted December 4, 2024 Share Posted December 4, 2024 Travel less, better home gate might be enticing to some coaches. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted December 4, 2024 Share Posted December 4, 2024 Would the MHSAA allow this to happen? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted December 4, 2024 Share Posted December 4, 2024 I think Louisiana tried it a few years back. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Football In MS Posted December 4, 2024 Share Posted December 4, 2024 11 hours ago, s1nglewing said: Something I saw on Texas football, in which a team can opt up to play in a higher classification. I can think of a handful that might consider that... just to settle is who actually best. In the scenario, who gets pushed out to make room for the team who doesn’t belong there? Let’s say a 6A team wants to play 7A. Does that mean the #24 team in 7A moves down to 6A? If not, does that force a 5A to bump up into 6A in order to have the right number of teams in each class? Don’t see how this works without causing heartburn for multiple regions 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted December 4, 2024 Share Posted December 4, 2024 25 minutes ago, Football In MS said: In the scenario, who gets pushed out to make room for the team who doesn’t belong there? Let’s say a 6A team wants to play 7A. Does that mean the #24 team in 7A moves down to 6A? If not, does that force a 5A to bump up into 6A in order to have the right number of teams in each class? Don’t see how this works without causing heartburn for multiple regions I don't see it getting past at the district meetings. I don't think it changes travel much at all. It may add an extra school or two that travels well for gate money. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
KOshooter Posted December 9, 2024 Share Posted December 9, 2024 On 12/4/2024 at 10:32 AM, maroontide06 said: Would the MHSAA allow this to happen? No, I remember Greenwood playing up a few years ago, but MHSAA stopped allowing it. If someone plays up, it leaves a void in the lower classification that either a bigger school, or a smaller one would need to fill. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted December 10, 2024 Share Posted December 10, 2024 I can see moving up if it's you and 1 other, 2 hr drive to the next region opponent like McLaurin the last 2 years. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.