Jump to content

Home playoff games


David
 Share

Recommended Posts

Let’s try to settle this so I can worry about the actual games. The way I’m reading the rules, if a #3 seed wins their first game on the road, they would then host the #1 seed the next round because they would have less home games. What am I getting wrong? I keep hearing that Ocean Springs and Picayune, as the #1 seeds, will host all of their games until south state championship. According to the rules, say Biloxi beats Oak Grove, they would host O.S. in the next round. Same with Picayune if East Central wins in the first round. Say it ain’t so. “the team that has played a fewer number of home games will be the home team”
 

2022 Class 4A Football Bracket

June 7, 2022

2022-23 Football Playoff Bracket Info:

Home Site of Football Playoffs

When two teams from the same region meet in the football playoffs, the higher seed will always be the home team, no matter what round.

1. First round – highest seeded team hosts

2. *****Second round until the north/south half championship – the team that has played a fewer number of home games will be designated the home team. If both teams have played an equal number of home games, the home site will be determined by the highest seeded team.*****

3. If equally seeded teams play and step 2 can’t determine the home site, the HIGHER number of the opponent’s region for the season will be the home team.

4. North/South Championships, highest seed hosts, equally seeded teams, the HIGHER region will be the home team.

 

Edited by David
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, David said:

Let’s try to settle this so I can worry about the actual games. The way I’m reading the rules, if a #3 seed wins their first game on the road, they would then host the #1 seed the next round because they would have less home games. What am I getting wrong? I keep hearing that Ocean Springs and Picayune, as the #1 seeds, will host all of their games until south state championship. According to the rules, say Biloxi beats Oak Grove, they would host O.S. in the next round. Same with Picayune if East Central wins in the first round. Say it ain’t so. “the team that has played a fewer number of home games will be the home team”
 

2022 Class 4A Football Bracket

June 7, 2022

2022-23 Football Playoff Bracket Info:

Home Site of Football Playoffs

When two teams from the same region meet in the football playoffs, the higher seed will always be the home team, no matter what round.

1. First round – highest seeded team hosts

2. *****Second round until the north/south half championship – the team that has played a fewer number of home games will be designated the home team. If both teams have played an equal number of home games, the home site will be determined by the highest seeded team.*****

3. If equally seeded teams play and step 2 can’t determine the home site, the HIGHER number of the opponent’s region for the season will be the home team.

4. North/South Championships, highest seed hosts, equally seeded teams, the HIGHER region will be the home team.

 

With the exception of 5a and 6a. Read what it says when it comes to teams from the same region hosting. If two from same region play. Higher seed hosts. For instance if Brandon wins as a 1 seed and Warren Central wins as a 3 seed. Brandon will host. That's in the first sentence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Vott said:

With the exception of 5a and 6a. Read what it says when it comes to teams from the same region hosting. If two from same region play. Higher seed hosts. For instance if Brandon wins as a 1 seed and Warren Central wins as a 3 seed. Brandon will host. That's in the first sentence.

Hate to argue, but it also implies that in “second round until south/north championship game” the fewest games hosted takes over, even when teams are from the same district. I’m an Ocean Springs guy, and would love to host them all, but this seems to point to something else. In fact, in the case you cite, Warren Central would indeed host the game. 

Edited by David
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, David said:

Hate to argue, but it also implies that in “second round until south/north championship game” the fewest games hosted takes over, even when teams are from the same district. I’m an Ocean Springs guy, and would love to host them all, but this seems to point to something else. In fact, in the case you cite, Warren Central would indeed host the game. 

I promise you, if Ocean springs plays Biloxi in round 2 ocean springs will host. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vott said:

I promise you, if Ocean springs plays Biloxi in round 2 ocean springs will host. 

I’m an old Greyhound who worked for over thirty years in the Biloxi school district, and I was trolled every year by those who said that I should cheer for the paycheck provider. Not a chance, the blood spilled on the field was thicker than money. So, I’ll be yelling extra loud, no matter where the game is played. I asked for your opinion, so hate to argue when you give it to me. I’ll just look forward to our game with NW Rankin, and hope to play whoever shows up in the next round. Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Dubaction said:

Biloxi ain’t beating Oak Grove. See ya in a couple weeks. 

Good game last year, until the coaching took over in the second half. I hope that advantage has equalized with experience. Hard to say. Not getting ahead of myself, but come on down. Should be a good one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, David said:

Hate to argue, but it also implies that in “second round until south/north championship game” the fewest games hosted takes over, even when teams are from the same district. I’m an Ocean Springs guy, and would love to host them all, but this seems to point to something else. In fact, in the case you cite, Warren Central would indeed host the game. 

That does not include 5a and 6a. Trust me. I proved this a few years ago on the old MST message board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Merlin said:

In 5A and 6A higher seed hosts all the way through south state.  If teams of same seed meet during odd numbered years (2021 for example) odd number district (like 5) hosts.  Even number years even numbered district hosts.  
 

 

Thank you!!!!!! No one else seems to understand this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Merlin said:


I think it’s also in effect for 1A

It is. We have one other region in the north/south so it will always be either somebody hosting a lower seed from the same division or somebody hosting a lesser seed from another division whom had a home game the previous week. It’s guaranteed you will host the first 2 of the 3 home games in the playoffs leading to the state title game if you are the region champions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The lower and higher regions refers to the actual region number ( Region 1- lowest, Region 8- highest) in case two region champs meet up in the 3rd round 1A, 5A, 6A (3rd and 4th Round 2A, 3A, 4A) and both teams played equal amount home games.  This works for us this year because the entire 1A north will go through McEvans (Shaw) as long as McEvans wins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vott said:

That was changed after the 2017 season.

No wonder I’m getting conflicting information. I’ll take your word for it and concentrate on hoping my team gets by NW Rankin and on to the dreaded date with Oak Grove. Should be a hard row to hoe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...