Vott Posted October 3, 2022 Share Posted October 3, 2022 In Jr hi and jv games do your teams kickoff or punt.? Games begin at the 30yd line and if it's 4th down if they don't go for it the officials take it 35yds downfield like a punt. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wareaglefan1us Posted October 4, 2022 Share Posted October 4, 2022 57 minutes ago, Vott said: In Jr hi and jv games do your teams kickoff or punt.? Games begin at the 30yd line and if it's 4th down if they don't go for it the officials take it 35yds downfield like a punt. I’m pretty sure that’s the way all of them are doing it. I personally don’t like that I think you need to start teaching them to kick, punt and kick extra points. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted October 4, 2022 Share Posted October 4, 2022 1 hour ago, Vott said: In Jr hi and jv games do your teams kickoff or punt.? Games begin at the 30yd line and if it's 4th down if they don't go for it the officials take it 35yds downfield like a punt. Vott, I’ve seen a couple of Jr. High games and at the ones I’ve seen. They kickoff to start the game and after scoring TD’s. Now they don’t kick the PAT but they go for two. I have no idea about punting though. They should just stick with the Dodd Lee mentality and just go for it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wildcats1980 Posted October 6, 2022 Share Posted October 6, 2022 In the coast conference. 7th grade kicks off but that’s it. 8th grade they kickoff and punt. A few teams kick extra points but most go for two. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
David Posted October 6, 2022 Share Posted October 6, 2022 I was at an Ocean Springs 7th grade game where their kicker made all four of his PATs easily. It’s good that teams who have em will be able to give kickers a chance to improve. That includes learning to do kickoffs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.