Jump to content

Matchup Wish List


JagsFan77
 Share

Recommended Posts

With the new classification, there will be some smaller regions in some classes leaving more weeks for non region games. What are some non region matchups you'd like to see for your team or just around the state in general?

 

My Top Pick:

I'd like to see an early matchup between MC and Oak Grove.

Both schools have their ups and downs but both are consistently near the top most years.

 

My non region wish list for MC

1. Brandon

2. Oak Grove

3. Picayune (even though I'd hate the travel time)

4. Ocean Springs (also a miserable drive)

5. Northwest Rankin (just because of the rivalry and its super close)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, JagsFan77 said:

With the new classification, there will be some smaller regions in some classes leaving more weeks for non region games. What are some non region matchups you'd like to see for your team or just around the state in general?

 

My Top Pick:

I'd like to see an early matchup between MC and Oak Grove.

Both schools have their ups and downs but both are consistently near the top most years.

 

My non region wish list for MC

1. Brandon

2. Oak Grove

3. Picayune (even though I'd hate the travel time)

4. Ocean Springs (also a miserable drive)

5. Northwest Rankin (just because of the rivalry and its super close)

 

How come you guys have never played Ridgeland before?  Heck y'all are even in the same school district.  Doesn't really make any sense but I digress.  As far as your wish list for Picayune, that's already happened before.  It didn't quite turn out like Madison Central had envisioned it to turn out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, maroontide06 said:

How come you guys have never played Ridgeland before?  Heck y'all are even in the same school district.  Doesn't really make any sense but I digress.  As far as your wish list for Picayune, that's already happened before.  It didn't quite turn out like Madison Central had envisioned it to turn out.

We used to play Ridgeland in the Jamborees.. It was never really a contest. For some reason a Ridgeland game just wouldn't do anything for me. A lot has changed since 2007. I'd still like to see the matchup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JagsFan77 said:

We used to play Ridgeland in the Jamborees.. It was never really a contest. For some reason a Ridgeland game just wouldn't do anything for me. A lot has changed since 2007. I'd still like to see the matchup. 

Well you've probably heard the old saying.  "The more things change, the more they stay the same."😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JagsFan77 said:

With the new classification, there will be some smaller regions in some classes leaving more weeks for non region games. What are some non region matchups you'd like to see for your team or just around the state in general?

 

My Top Pick:

I'd like to see an early matchup between MC and Oak Grove.

Both schools have their ups and downs but both are consistently near the top most years.

 

My non region wish list for MC

1. Brandon

2. Oak Grove

3. Picayune (even though I'd hate the travel time)

4. Ocean Springs (also a miserable drive)

5. Northwest Rankin (just because of the rivalry and its super close)

 

I would like to see Hattiesburg keep playing one of the 6a teams on the gulf coast. Would not care who it would be. Coast trips are easy travel wise and have great places to eat before the game. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JagsFan77 said:

With the new classification, there will be some smaller regions in some classes leaving more weeks for non region games. What are some non region matchups you'd like to see for your team or just around the state in general?

 

My Top Pick:

I'd like to see an early matchup between MC and Oak Grove.

Both schools have their ups and downs but both are consistently near the top most years.

 

My non region wish list for MC

1. Brandon

2. Oak Grove

3. Picayune (even though I'd hate the travel time)

4. Ocean Springs (also a miserable drive)

5. Northwest Rankin (just because of the rivalry and its super close)

 

Been asking for OG to schedule MC for years now. That’s about the only team I have a real desire to see us play non district. Them and Starkville. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dubaction said:

Been asking for OG to schedule MC for years now. That’s about the only team I have a real desire to see us play non district. Them and Starkville. 

Starkville always has crazy talented athletes. Its usually a nail biter between them and us. I'm gonna say... I was shocked at the MC vs Starkville game last week. MC was up 41-7 early in the 4th. 1 point from a running clock. 

 

But yes. They'd be a good measuring stick early in the year most every season.

I'd think Starkville vs Oak Grove and MC vs Oak Grove would draw a big gate every year too. 

Edited by JagsFan77
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tiburon said:

heh...yeah... just kidding with you. would love to play you guys again.

There’s a pile of North Half teams I would like for us to play, but that would probably get way too expensive.  I always wanted to see a Picayune-South Panola matchup from way back in the day, but I’ll gladly take a matchup with either Madison Central or Germantown.  A Maroon Tide-Conquistador matchup would probably be interesting as well, but Olive Branch is such a long ways away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

and Olive Branch has not been good in like 12 years

 

the school attendance number gets smaller and smaller because the local district will not move the lines

but desoto central, horn lake and southaven keep growing

dont know what they are going to do with desoto central, huge commercial/resident development just

north of that school,  silo square

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Unionman76 said:

and Olive Branch has not been good in like 12 years

 

the school attendance number gets smaller and smaller because the local district will not move the lines

but desoto central, horn lake and southaven keep growing

dont know what they are going to do with desoto central, huge commercial/resident development just

north of that school,  silo square

So do you think that Desoto Central could possibly split?  Murrah did that my dad's senior year of high school and formed Callaway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...