NoWammies Posted September 9, 2023 Share Posted September 9, 2023 (edited) This week we are loaded with some great matchups. Got a few rivalries, some top ten battles, Intraleague games between top teams in the MHSAA and MAIS, some academy games between top ten teams and a few that will give us a clearer view of rankings in their classification like Winona/Choctaw County. I’m pretty excited for this upcoming week. Jefferson County @ Murrah(Thursday) Louisville @ Starkville MRA @ Oak Grove Picayune @ Gulfport Columbia @ JDC Winona @ Choctaw County West Jones @ Wayne County Calhoun City @ Nettleton Hartfield @ Starkville Academy Brandon @ Warren Central Edited September 9, 2023 by NoWammies Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raiders 10 Posted September 9, 2023 Share Posted September 9, 2023 6 hours ago, NoWammies said: This week we are loaded with some great matchups. Got a few rivalries, some top ten battles, Intraleague games between top teams in the MHSAA and MAIS, some academy games between top ten teams and a few that will give us a clearer view of rankings in their classification like Winona/Choctaw County. I’m pretty excited for this upcoming week. Jefferson County @ Murrah(Thursday) Louisville @ Starkville MRA @ Oak Grove Picayune @ Gulfport Columbia @ JDC Winona @ Choctaw County West Jones @ Wayne County Calhoun City @ Nettleton Hartfield @ Starkville Academy Brandon @ Warren Central Somebody in that Nettleton, Calhoun City gonna get their 1st lost of the season it will be a good game same thing for Starkville, Louisville somebody gonna get their 1st lost of the season it will be a good game Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted September 10, 2023 Share Posted September 10, 2023 Oooh…Columbia @ Jefferson Davis County. I’m jealous for whoever gets to see this one. It’s a shame somebody’s gotta lose this game. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NoWammies Posted September 10, 2023 Author Share Posted September 10, 2023 Hard to beat week three when you driving to New Orleans watching Lafayette pick up the W while also watching Oxford lose their homecoming game. Follow that up with watching the Rebels pull out a W and now driving home from seeing them Saints do what they couldn’t last year. Close out games. Excellent sportsfan weekend!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted September 10, 2023 Share Posted September 10, 2023 10 minutes ago, NoWammies said: Hard to beat week three when you driving to New Orleans watching Lafayette pick up the W while also watching Oxford lose their homecoming game. Follow that up with watching the Rebels pull out a W and now driving home from seeing them Saints do what they couldn’t last year. Close out games. Excellent sportsfan weekend!!! That’s right, you had to take I-55. That doesn’t get you to The Yune. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NoWammies Posted September 11, 2023 Author Share Posted September 11, 2023 With all this Enterprise stuff going on, let’s switch it up and talk real football y’all… Does Louisville have a chance of upsetting Starkville?!?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Baller567 Posted September 11, 2023 Share Posted September 11, 2023 48 minutes ago, NoWammies said: With all this Enterprise stuff going on, let’s switch it up and talk real football y’all… Does Louisville have a chance of upsetting Starkville?!?! Won’t be an upset Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NoWammies Posted September 11, 2023 Author Share Posted September 11, 2023 7 minutes ago, Baller567 said: Won’t be an upset Technically it would be but I don’t think it would be either. I think Louisville’s D gives them a great shot to win this game. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted September 11, 2023 Share Posted September 11, 2023 I can kind of see how you would put Picayune vs. Gulfport as a top 10 best of week 4 matchup game. It definitely has all of the visuals for it to be so, but for us it's just like an annual opponent kind of deal. It just doesn't seem like this grand marquee matchup, but then again I'm looking at it from a local perspective as well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dubaction Posted September 11, 2023 Share Posted September 11, 2023 I tell you what… Gulfport is playing much better than I expected them to after what I saw vs OG in the jamboree. They may very well give Picayune some problems Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NoWammies Posted September 11, 2023 Author Share Posted September 11, 2023 1 hour ago, maroontide06 said: I can kind of see how you would put Picayune vs. Gulfport as a top 10 best of week 4 matchup game. It definitely has all of the visuals for it to be so, but for us it's just like an annual opponent kind of deal. It just doesn't seem like this grand marquee matchup, but then again I'm looking at it from a local perspective as well. I may have overvalued Gulfport last week by putting them in the top ten but I do see them as a top 25 team so this will be a top 25 matchup. No I don’t see them beating Picayune but this SHOULD be a good game. This is game number two of a three game stretch for Gulfport that can make or break them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted September 11, 2023 Share Posted September 11, 2023 16 minutes ago, Dubaction said: I tell you what… Gulfport is playing much better than I expected them to after what I saw vs OG in the jamboree. They may very well give Picayune some problems It's quite possible for them to give Picayune some problems, but I guess we'll find out on Friday. If Picayune has worked on correcting the secondary mistakes from the Catholic game, I don't see any glaring concerns. But if Picayune still has those issues, then things could get very interesting. 6 minutes ago, NoWammies said: I may have overvalued Gulfport last week by putting them in the top ten but I do see them as a top 25 team so this will be a top 25 matchup. No I don’t see them beating Picayune but this SHOULD be a good game. This is game number two of a three game stretch for Gulfport that can make or break them. It's definitely a tough stretch for Gulfport, but with it being a non-district game you'll want it to be of benefit at the end of the regular season if you're a Gulfport fan. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wareaglefan1us Posted September 11, 2023 Share Posted September 11, 2023 There’s a new twist in the WC and WJ rivalry this season. Former WC QB Corey Reynolds is now HC at WJ. He’s a great guy and good coach Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Big Poppa Posted September 12, 2023 Share Posted September 12, 2023 On 9/11/2023 at 11:19 AM, maroontide06 said: It's quite possible for them to give Picayune some problems, but I guess we'll find out on Friday. If Picayune has worked on correcting the secondary mistakes from the Catholic game, I don't see any glaring concerns. But if Picayune still has those issues, then things could get very interesting. It's definitely a tough stretch for Gulfport, but with it being a non-district game you'll want it to be of benefit at the end of the regular season if you're a Gulfport fan. Picayune has had more problems with penalties and fumbles than the secondary. They had 2 blown coverages early in the game against Catholic. The last drive to put it overtime they let two pick 6's slip through their fingertips. The secondary is solid overall. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NoWammies Posted September 12, 2023 Author Share Posted September 12, 2023 19 hours ago, Wareaglefan1us said: There’s a new twist in the WC and WJ rivalry this season. Former WC QB Corey Reynolds is now HC at WJ. He’s a great guy and good coach Being from the north I don’t follow this rivalry too much but I do miss seeing the back and forth on here from back in the day. Crazy how it’s gone to not even having a thread about it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maroontide06 Posted September 12, 2023 Share Posted September 12, 2023 28 minutes ago, Big Poppa said: Picayune has had more problems with penalties and fumbles than the secondary. They had 2 blown coverages early in the game against Catholic. The last drive to put it overtime they let two pick 6's slip through their fingertips. The secondary is solid overall. Good point there. The fumbles and the penalties need to be cleaned up. Maybe we can put some stick-um on #6's hands LOL! Just kidding, but the fumbles are definitely uncharacteristic for sure. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wareaglefan1us Posted September 12, 2023 Share Posted September 12, 2023 25 minutes ago, NoWammies said: Being from the north I don’t follow this rivalry too much but I do miss seeing the back and forth on here from back in the day. Crazy how it’s gone to not even having a thread about it. This rivalry exploded in 2003 after WC defeated South Panola for 5A state title . The following season WC dropped down to 4A and the two teams were in the same region. It’s always been a friendly rivalry between the two teams and fan bases. There would be pages of back and forth between the two on here lol. In the past few years it’s lost some of that luster but still a big deal between the two teams. Also if you haven’t watched the tv show about the two teams look it up on YouTube Head to Head very good documentary follows these two teams 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NoWammies Posted September 12, 2023 Author Share Posted September 12, 2023 @Wareaglefan1us I’ll def have to check that out on YouTube. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.