s1nglewing Posted September 25, 2022 Share Posted September 25, 2022 Aberdeen (4-1) at Amory (4-1) Brandon (4-0) at Warren Central (4-0) Florence (5-0) at Wayne County (3-2) Oak Grove (3-2) at Petal (3-2) Oxford (3-1) at Tupelo (5-0) Picayune (5-0) at Vancleave (4-0) Scott Central (4-1) at Mendenhall (4-1) South Panola (3-1) at Olive Branch (4-1) Jackson Prep (6-0) at MRA (5-2) Manchester Academy (5-1) at Tunica Academy (6-0) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raiders 10 Posted September 25, 2022 Share Posted September 25, 2022 Amory Brandon Wayne County Oak Grove Oxford Picayune Scott Central South Panola Jackson Prep Tunica Academy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pancho Posted September 25, 2022 Share Posted September 25, 2022 that gone be bad for tupelo Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raiders 10 Posted September 25, 2022 Share Posted September 25, 2022 5 minutes ago, pancho said: that gone be bad for tupelo yea I think Oxford gonna whoop Tupelo, Tupelo got some weakness I seen it when they played Corinth few weeks ago Oxford gonna pick Tupelo apart just like they did to Tupelo last year watch and see 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vott Posted September 25, 2022 Share Posted September 25, 2022 (edited) 1 hour ago, s1nglewing said: Aberdeen (4-1) at Amory (4-1) Brandon (4-0) at Warren Central (4-0) Florence (5-0) at Wayne County (3-2) Oak Grove (3-2) at Petal (3-2) Oxford (3-1) at Tupelo (5-0) Picayune (5-0) at Vancleave (4-0) Scott Central (4-1) at Mendenhall (4-1) South Panola (3-1) at Olive Branch (4-1) Jackson Prep (6-0) at MRA (5-2) Manchester Academy (5-1) at Tunica Academy (6-0) Loser of OG-Petal may be in trouble. One of them will be 0-2 with Brandon still to play. Petal will still have Warren Central as well. Florence can make another big statement with a win over wayne co. Edited September 25, 2022 by Vott 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JagsFan77 Posted September 27, 2022 Share Posted September 27, 2022 On 9/25/2022 at 12:47 PM, Raiders 10 said: yea I think Oxford gonna whoop Tupelo, Tupelo got some weakness I seen it when they played Corinth few weeks ago Oxford gonna pick Tupelo apart just like they did to Tupelo last year watch and see I guess ya always want a winning season with few injuries, but that early season schedule for Tupelo does absolutely nothing to prepare them for district play. Each year they have several good athletes and get a bunch of hype early while they play lesser competition and then it falls apart. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raiders 10 Posted September 27, 2022 Share Posted September 27, 2022 38 minutes ago, JagsFan77 said: I guess ya always want a winning season with few injuries, but that early season schedule for Tupelo does absolutely nothing to prepare them for district play. Each year they have several good athletes and get a bunch of hype early while they play lesser competition and then it falls apart. that so true When MC come to Tupelo MC gonna stomp Tupelo really bad Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JagsFan77 Posted September 28, 2022 Share Posted September 28, 2022 22 hours ago, Raiders 10 said: that so true When MC come to Tupelo MC gonna stomp Tupelo really bad I'm not saying they're bad. I'm not saying we'll whoop them. I just think those first games should be used for preparation for Region play. If you're going to play a team in a smaller classification, play a top team. Yes, we played West Jones, but they were a top team in their division when we scheduled it. And Northwest Rankin is a long time rival, and they are at least in the same classification. They'll have more weeks to fill next year so hopefully they'll schedule some better competition early. I think when 7A has smaller regions it will help create bigger matchups in non region play. Or at least I hope it does. I'd love an early season matchup with Oak Grove for us. While they aren't having a typical season so far, they are usually a top team year in, year out. Its up to each school how to make their schedule. I just think theirs is uncompetitive in non region play and it creates an unrealistic expectation for their fanbase. But like I said in a previous post, it gives you a winning record which puts butts in seats. And if you're winning early in games, you can take out starters to prevent injury while giving younger players experience. On the flip side, you end up with starters who aren't used to playing a complete game. I see the pros and cons but the cons outweigh the pros in my humble opinion. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.