MSTSatchmo Posted July 19, 2022 Share Posted July 19, 2022 23 minutes ago, rebmus said: The best explanation I have is repeating what I said earlier... the MLB draft is very unpredictable. I did read somewhere that Delucia was 6th round though, not sure? Same place I read Diamond was drafted in the 6th round before Delucia. That makes zero sense to me if true, but I'm certainly no MLB scout. ETA: I looked it up. 6th round, 11 picks after Diamond. Elko was drafted in the 10th round, that's probably the mixup Satch. Dulicia's estimated value is $284K, well over the $100K rumored to stay at OM. Below is a link to players drafted, you can filter down on any school for those interested. MLB Draft Tracker | MLB.com Im not sure why I said 10th. It just seemed odd that he shut down the best teams in the country on the biggest stage and so many other pitchers went before him, including Diamond. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rebmus Posted July 19, 2022 Share Posted July 19, 2022 Yep, it's very odd. It's up to Delucia now to make the scouts look dumb or smart. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MSTSatchmo Posted July 23, 2022 Share Posted July 23, 2022 I didn’t think I’d ever see this. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pancho Posted July 23, 2022 Share Posted July 23, 2022 good stuff there 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rebmus Posted July 23, 2022 Share Posted July 23, 2022 MSU had knocked on the door enough I figured it would have happened to them at some point. Bianco has won a TON of games with some pretty good teams, it just always seemed to fall apart in the post season. Now that Bianco has proven he can win it all, it makes me wonder what would have happened in 2020 had covid not ended the season. It's possible this would have been a 3 peat for the state. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MSTSatchmo Posted July 24, 2022 Share Posted July 24, 2022 17 hours ago, rebmus said: MSU had knocked on the door enough I figured it would have happened to them at some point. Bianco has won a TON of games with some pretty good teams, it just always seemed to fall apart in the post season. Now that Bianco has proven he can win it all, it makes me wonder what would have happened in 2020 had covid not ended the season. It's possible this would have been a 3 peat for the state. Covid was a very unusual circumstance. Injuries are part of the game, but imagine OM in 2021 without the pitching injuries. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bulldogs4 Posted July 24, 2022 Share Posted July 24, 2022 As you guys have noted, both State and Ole Miss have had worthy teams that were capable of winning the National Championship. But it is incredibly hard to do so. College baseball (though this might change with NIL and scholarship limits being relaxed) has remained the most competitive sport on the collegiate level. In football, do you think UAB or USA could beat Bama in football? But they do beat them in baseball. Could Northern Kentucky beat State in football? No, but they did beat us in baseball. Obviously, many more examples exist. Basketball is competitive to a lesser extent as we regularly see smaller teams beat a big team in the NCAAT. But seldom do you see one of those teams make it to the FF. In baseball, a small team can make it to Omaha and like a Coastal Carolina, occasionally win it all. COVID definitely threw a monkey wrench into baseball in 2020 and 2021 as well. Going forward it will be interesting to see how all these changes shake out. Coach Cutcliffe spoke about losing the locker room camaraderie the other day. I know he was speaking about football but it equally applies to baseball, basketball as well. How a team gels is very important to success. I think that part is going to suffer greatly. Kentucky has had all these great players recently but no championship to show for it. Talent is great but teamwork is huge. Experience is a big factor in winning Championships. State and Ole Miss proved just that in 2021 and 2022 in baseball. UGA proved it last year in football. It makes a difference. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pancho Posted July 24, 2022 Share Posted July 24, 2022 rebs pickup Groff an OF from Tulane and Calarco a 1B from Northwestern Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.