pancho Posted Friday at 02:13 PM Share Posted Friday at 02:13 PM I'd go research Amory soccer and see how many times their boys and girls have lost in north half or the state championship to a cruitin school. I'm sure there are more but that one just comes to mind. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted Friday at 11:58 PM Author Share Posted Friday at 11:58 PM I really don't think you have to do something with 1A if your going to have 15 or so non football schools. 3 team regions in football will not work long term with 8 game schedules because once you play 5 teams from region 1-2A in football then you get into playing 3A/4A schools or travel 3 hours for a non region game against Simmons or Noxapater to avoid 3A/4A schools. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted 3 hours ago Author Share Posted 3 hours ago On 10/8/2026 at 4:31 PM, pancho said: I'm told to expect some crazy stuff coming now. Not sure what this means. You don't recon we will have 4/5/6 team regions in 1A-4A since they gave Neeves the right to set up 5A-7A with 5/6/7 team regions. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted 1 hour ago Author Share Posted 1 hour ago On 10/1/2026 at 9:57 AM, pancho said: Myrtle is claiming their number right now is 140. Hamilton is 136. I know both these tallies would have been in 1A two years ago. My deal is, do we have enough 1A teams to move up to 2A to facilitate this? I have the same issue with all the 4A folks who say they are dropping to 3A. I still se no way that Louisville, Rosa Fort, Ripley, Amory and Mooreville can all drop down from 4A to 3A. I think the cutoff numbers will be adjusted. Am I incorrect here? Without the multiplier that 4A dropping to 3A is minimum or normal now. I f some of the Jackson area MAIS schools come over to MHSAA that may change or be true. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rebel Bert Posted 1 hour ago Author Share Posted 1 hour ago On 9/15/2026 at 9:11 AM, Chunky6617 said: I really think people need to check the numbers that Heidelberg turns in. There is no way that school is that close to 1A numbers. They had a very small class like 38. For some reason either Ai or US World News has it at 198 which is a large increase. So either some failed the 11th, promoted from 8th to the 9th, or recruiting away from say Quitman, NE Jones, or Wayne County(Beat Four), etc just saying. Sometimes kids gravitate toward a winner. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.