Guntriple
Members-
Posts
124 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Calendar
Everything posted by Guntriple
-
They have definitely done some interviews, from what I am hearing we should hear something soon.
-
Only rumors so far.
-
2023-24 Advertised HS Head Football Coach Openings
Guntriple replied to s1nglewing's topic in Football
Columbus has posted their job. Tough place to coach but it does pay well! -
I had heard his name but also heard another name that I think they would be foolish to pass up.
-
He hadn’t been helping recently but I believe he has helped in the past. I think he might have been the OC at one point, not positive about that though.
-
2023-24 Advertised HS Head Football Coach Openings
Guntriple replied to s1nglewing's topic in Football
If I was West Point I would promote Morgan tomorrow morning! -
2023-24 Advertised HS Head Football Coach Openings
Guntriple replied to s1nglewing's topic in Football
I’m sure several in County coordinators or Asst. coaches would have interest in the DC job. One of largest schools in the state, 60-70 kids playing 7th and 8th grade football if not more, Has resources, and has some talent. It is probably the best job overall in Desoto County. Compared to other regions though that’s like the tallest midget. -
Southaven hired Randall Montgomery so now North Panola is open.
-
2023-24 Advertised HS Head Football Coach Openings
Guntriple replied to s1nglewing's topic in Football
Pretty sure Southavens new coach met with team today. -
Ingram coached his butt off today. Lost one of his best players early and Velma had more talent for sure. Dude is a ball coach!
-
Yeah I was counting that one as already open. I am with you now.
-
2 more??? I think one more may because their HC takes one of the ones open but I’d be surprised if two more do.
-
Pretty sure they have done some interviews but haven’t heard anything on names yet.
-
2023-24 Advertised HS Head Football Coach Openings
Guntriple replied to s1nglewing's topic in Football
Not really. Pay isn’t great compared to similar schools. They can attract a small school coach looking to move up or someone just dying to be a HC. -
2023-24 Advertised HS Head Football Coach Openings
Guntriple replied to s1nglewing's topic in Football
I’ll be surprised if it is the only job that comes open up there. Several of those could. Problem is attracting someone not from their. -
Where is Curbow going?
-
Looks like Columbia is about to open.
-
I’m pretty sure this rule was enforced several years back when some kids left Oxford and went to Lafayette. Will be interesting to see how the MHSAA handles it.
-
According to B. Shields it is Anthony Hart.
-
They have done some interviews but radio silence on a hire.
-
Their district is also tougher than it’s been at times with Warren Central, Neshoba has been good, Vicksburg been better, Callaway has athletes and Columbus will be good on D for sure.
-
Heard Embry retired.
-
The MHSAA requires all coaches to be trained in CPR and using an AED. Have to renew it every two years.
