Jump to content

IronEagle 2021-2022 Teams To Watch


IRONEagle
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, IRONEagle said:

The season is here.. the 5x champions have a bye week to start the 2021 regular season. 
True story: Yesterday, I received a phone call from an assistant coach/coordinator from Hollandale. The guy literally degraded West Bolivar football team for this year and years to come as the worse team in the district. Went as far as to say West Bolivar would get beat by Jr. High teams. He told me not to even post supporting my school on MST. As you can imagine, our conversation didn’t end on a good note. I’m still heated today. In addition to his remarks, he mentioned people from the Rosedale community and school giving this kind of detrimental intel that’s causing strife inside of the athletic program. Stating that no one but me (which is not true) believes the team can compete. IronEagle from the moment that call ended has been on a mission. West Bolivar will not be disrespected or sabotaged as long as I’m apart of this community. Get your popcorn ready.. 

Go Off King

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, lionpack said:

Go Off King

 

I had to speak the truth lionpack. West Bolivar’s football tradition is set. It’ll always be and kids today just have to get it back on track which they are fully capable of doing under the right leadership. It starts at Jr. High. The truth is, since Coach Henry Johnson departure after winning two state titles we’ve never had any strong male leadership in the school. Coach Johnson also had the benefit of having at one point in time during his coaching tenure at WB strong principals. There’s not a single male principal or assistant principal in the entire district. We’re just missing a strong male presence in terms of leadership. I spoke with a representative yesterday from MHSAA, and the conversation was very resourceful. Never met the person, but I could tell he was a leader. At this point, I’m taking it upon myself to change this and bring back the pride to this storied program. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IRONEagle said:

I had to speak the truth lionpack. West Bolivar’s football tradition is set. It’ll always be and kids today just have to get it back on track which they are fully capable of doing under the right leadership. It starts at Jr. High. The truth is, since Coach Henry Johnson departure after winning two state titles we’ve never had any strong male leadership in the school. Coach Johnson also had the benefit of having at one point in time during his coaching tenure at WB strong principals. There’s not a single male principal or assistant principal in the entire district. We’re just missing a strong male presence in terms of leadership. I spoke with a representative yesterday from MHSAA, and the conversation was very resourceful. Never met the person, but I could tell he was a leader. At this point, I’m taking it upon myself to change this and bring back the pride to this storied program. 

Unpopular opinion but I'll say it. Women can't lead.  In the instance where it works it is because they stay out of the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, lionpack said:

Unpopular opinion but I'll say it. Women can't lead.  In the instance where it works it is because they stay out of the way.

I wouldn't say that there are NO good women leaders out there, but I will agree that for the most part men are better leaders and certainly in a school setting a really good male leader is more desirable. Ain't no doubt about it. I will also say that there are plenty of poor male leaders as well, who well, just aren't leaders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lionpack said:

Unpopular opinion but I'll say it. Women can't lead.  In the instance where it works it is because they stay out of the way.

Lionpack, from my experience working in public education I truly feel it’s not that women can’t lead; it’s the way many people which happen to be female decide to lead. Once I realize someone is making emotional decisions in a leadership role it automatically is a red flag. Educating students is hit or miss. There’s no middle ground. It pains me to see students slip by and not be prepared for the real world because of grown individuals poor decision making. And when students aren’t taught how to be respectful to adults and in the public eye it’s detrimental. If you’re an admin, to me the first rule is that you MUST leave your personal feelings at the door and do your job each and everyday. 
 

As I stated, our issue really is poor male leadership. Trust me, if someone is a good male leader right now in the Delta area they aren’t on many folks good side. You’ll look at social media and people have the street committee fooled. I’ve seen people in person that can’t educate or lead any child to success if the task was just to go outside and fill a bucket with dirt! Sorry and selfish people aren’t meant to lead anyone; much less our future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IronEagle’s Official Teams to Watch in the MS Delta: 

 

Clarksdale High (first two weeks canceled)

Cleveland Central (1-0)

Greenville Christian (2-0) 

Hollandale (0-0) bye week

South Delta (1-0) forfeit by Humphrey 

West Bolivar (0-0) bye week

 

 

The MHSAA football season kicked off last week and its been intriguing to hear about how competitive some games have been to start the year. The team in particular that I will watch is the mighty West Bolivar Eagles. This team is full of nature talent.. and I honestly hope the one Coach left on this High School staff with ties to  Rosedale has input on what goes into the game plan. I saw a glimpse of a scheme I thought about this weekend today in practice and it got me fired up. Scott Central ran that defense on their way to a State Title and their personnel matches what West Bolivar has. But the X-factor is how will it be coached. And how discipline the players will execute their assignments. If it works then this defense will fly around and hit teams in their mouth week in and week out. This group can win 8 to 10 games in the regular season. Played our scrimmage game with 16 players and a lot of those young kids had to step on the field and it gave them some confidence..after that scrimmage game people on the inside at WB had coaches from other schools in the area calling me to talk down on the football team. This person told me we had the worse team in the district! I’m going to let the players know this before our season opener.. people don’t want to see them be successful. Last time we played, we won the district with a 9-3 record. That same year loss our star QB in the season opener to an ACL injury. But that didn’t stop us.. all this talk will not stop us. 
 

They even started bouncing the basketballs in the gym every single day during school! But all that has worked in favor of the football team. The last week and two days of practice really has me fired up.. those players came to me and said we’re ready.   “30 strong”

Get your popcorn ready! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unofficially the word is that Friday game against MS Palmer was canceled by the visiting team. West Bolivar will not play it’s season opener at legendary Leland Young Stadium. The 5x champions will next week go on the road to face O’Bannon. Note from today is the freshmen class. WB has a trio of freshmen skill players that are very athletic. I’m looking forward to seeing how they perform on Friday nights. We’re getting closer to full strength. Still some work to be done. I like our chances in the district. Get your popcorn! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The O’Bannon Greenwaves defeated West Bolivar 34-6. Simply put, this wasn’t an acceptable showing. The standard has to change or else. If I learned anything from studying West Bolivar’s football tradition under Coach Leland Young and being part of the Coach Henry Johnson era it was West Bolivar had a fundamentally sound and discipline program. Top to bottom. On and off the field. The coaches were discipline. The administrators were discipline. The players were discipline. The trainers were discipline. The band directors and band members were discipline. The cheerleaders were discipline. Last but not least the FANS were discipline. We were united even despite our differences. Any time you see and hear the things that transpire on a daily to weekly basis here it’s no wonder WE haven’t been consistent or capable of producing winning results on ANY level, ANY sport, academics, nor community relations etc. It’s because we are a divided community. Conflicted among each other. Patch work efforts won’t solve the internal issues. And until it changes at the top and no I’m not referring specifically to coaching, we’ll continue to struggle. Our team last night based on number of players, the size, skill-set of players up and down the roster… should not have been outmatched by O’Bannon. We should’ve atleast been competitive. But the truth is, you can’t win and be successful as a team without an identity. That comes from many aspects of athletics and academics. That starts before you touch the field. Starts with the adults and trickles down to the kids. It takes leadership and not just from coaches, players, parents, etc. As a community we need to do better and change before the ship sinks. I’m disappointed at how the heart of this community has deteriorated when we could be so much more, we should be accomplishing so much more. Get your popcorn ready because for me I’ll continue to support, mentor, train, lead, and educate the youth of this community until I witness them reach their potential and attain success. As Coach Prime says, I believe! 

Edited by IRONEagle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

True story: IronEagle athletics is having an impact on the culture shift behind the scenes that is slowly happening at West Bolivar. After a disappointing showing Friday, the underclassmen of West Bolivar reached out to me to have workout sessions during the weekend. That has never happened here since the years we were winning multiple state titles. I don’t know and honestly have shifted my attention from how this season will look/end for West Bolivar. But I do know with 7 returning starters on offense and defense for next season, some of them beginning to work with IronEagle athletics means the future is bright. Taking notes and waiting for the return of real Rosedale football.. lifting weights, running the levee, hitting the sled on the practice field.. get your popcorn ready! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, lionpack said:

No one on here I want to be successful more than West Bolivar. Keep the faith IronEagle

I have an idea in my mind that’s going to get the attention of the MHSAA. I’m working on a report that will be submitted to them once everything is put together. There’s no reason West Bolivar’s football program should be in this position.. if you visit any school in 1A, 2A, or 3A it’s clearly evident what’s being done at West Bolivar. I watched the last game and immediately after received a very important phone call. People just as you have Iionpack noticed exactly what I’ve been saying is true. We want what’s best for WB. I got a text today from a former Rosedale player who played in the 90s during the Leland Young era, saying that he’s  shocked at how a team fill with so much talent performed that way on the field. Even other people are calling on me to be put on the sidelines on the Jr. High level, to get this program back on track. And that’s why I’m putting together the info necessary to get the MHSAA attention. 

Edited by IRONEagle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

West Bolivar vs Northside postponed until 3PM Saturday. Game didn’t start due to lightning. 
 

It’s an absolute war on social media right now.. local fans from nearby towns are taking shots at West Bolivar players and team. The loyal WB fanbase has come out in numbers. I absolutely love my hometown Eagles and the loyal fans. We’re a football town! 5x state champions.. IronEagle locked in! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

This season hasn’t been quite what Eagle fans expect.. it didn’t meet the Eagles standard as 5x State Champions. Yet Homecoming on the Riverside had fans buzzing. Despite the start of another sport these fans want to see some more football played. The players had really committed themselves to working week in and week out. I’m very proud of these young men.  It was great to see so many fans support these young Eagles to the final whistle. The future is very bright. Make no mistake.. we will have some familiar and dedicated names on the sideline leading the Eagles in 2022-2023 season. Get your popcorn ready! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, IRONEagle said:

This season hasn’t been quite what Eagle fans expect.. it didn’t meet the Eagles standard as 5x State Champions. Yet Homecoming on the Riverside had fans buzzing. Despite the start of another sport these fans want to see some more football played. The players had really committed themselves to working week in and week out. I’m very proud of these young men.  It was great to see so many fans support these young Eagles to the final whistle. The future is very bright. Make no mistake.. we will have some familiar and dedicated names on the sideline leading the Eagles in 2022-2023 season. Get your popcorn ready! 

... and you said the same thing about this season, before it played out like this. All teams go through cycles, especially small schools. Y'all will be back, but it may take more than one more year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, s1nglewing said:

... and you said the same thing about this season, before it played out like this. All teams go through cycles, especially small schools. Y'all will be back, but it may take more than one more year.


I understand your point. I don’t know if you’ve seen any WB games this season.. the personnel was not down this season. There’s 2nd Round or better playoff talent on this roster especially on defense. There’s some inexperience in key spots on the offensive side but in the past our best coaching staffs during 2000-2012 would’ve established their presence and formed an identity by week 3-4. The team has a solid defense. To win with good defense in HS, you must be disciplined, well coached offensively, and on special teams. No weight lifting program and not utilizing the levee has devastated this teams strength and conditioning. That’s exactly where this team has lacked tremendously this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...