Wayne County Football Show

WABO1

I took the liberty of posting a direct link. 

If you can't feel the passion and vision this man has for our program I don't knpw what to say. 

He gets it and I believe we are on the cusp of something great.

I have given poor Bubba Hathorne grief on here for years but he nailed this one and did it the right way. . I think he had gotten complacent under Bobby Jones then Branch challenged him and he went and got us a true leader.

Good job Bubba but don't get the big head

Edited by slicklizard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Coach talks about spring game and takes a dig at me for dismissing his wing t before the season, lol. Hey coach I’m man enough to admit I was wrong and ill informed. Our kids looked great running it when they switched to it in game. I’m ready for the season to start.

If you haven’t become a premium donor do it.Wayne County needs the stands full again. Only thing I would like to see is grill smoke rolling around inside the stadium again. See y’all in Poplarville May 20.

Edited by slicklizard

low t , I called it. Which was catchy and attention grabbing at the time but that’s why he’s a real football coach and I’m more trademark promotional. It also made our newspaper guy bristle when someone mentioned it to him. For the record we also ran spread and would switch in game a lot of times which isn’t easy and pretty amazing given he only had two weeks of dressed practice before playing a game.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dubaction said:

Good to see we still have WC on schedule. Watch out Slick… we got a duo of brothers that just received Bama offers last week lol. 

I feel pretty confident in saying that we didn’t play a team last season as good as Oak Grove will be so it will be the first time our players have went up against top 6A competition. Coach is still saying the offensive line is nowhere close to what he wants it which means our kids will probably get schooled. Every program trying to climb the ladder has to take the lumps but the good ones learn from it. I look for a lot of freshman to push for playing time.

On another note, when are you going to quit chasing tail and start coming to these games again. We need to tailgate one Friday.

41 minutes ago, slicklizard said:

I feel pretty confident in saying that we didn’t play a team last season as good as Oak Grove will be so it will be the first time our players have went up against top 6A competition. Coach is still saying the offensive line is nowhere close to what he wants it which means our kids will probably get schooled. Every program trying to climb the ladder has to take the lumps but the good ones learn from it. I look for a lot of freshman to push for playing time.

On another note, when are you going to quit chasing tail and start coming to these games again. We need to tailgate one Friday.

I live outta town now. Gonna try to catch a few this year

• 2 weeks later...