West Bolivar 2022 - 2023 Season Thread

IRONEagle

9 hours ago, LeveeTiger said:

Congrats, I hope it works! Can he say State Championship on the way. Our guys going to Shaw, don't have time for favoritism BS. This has to be a joke!

Welcome on board LeveeTiger! No, this isn’t a joke. It was the plan since Day 1. The truth is the leaders aren’t good decision makers nor have their hearts in the right place. Exactly what I said was in the works since late November just finally materialized in the month of June. The reality in the Delta is there are ulterior motives in motion that poison the school system. No decisions made in public education or athletics should be about the adults. Adults are given gratification for every single title they acquire while kids barely get a pat on the back. Right now, this is a upside down society we’re living in. Some community leaders, teachers, parents, administrators etc couldn’t tell you the name of 5 players on the team but will promote the hire. I’m only for what is right and I’ll hold my assessment on this hire until late in the season. 
This doesn’t change the reality these players had no off-season workouts for months, went through spring practice with a HC who resigned prior, and hired a coach who was already in the district. LeveeTiger, that clearly suggests some sort of self interest being a factor in the decision making. 
So I have a few questions now.. why was the process not conduct in the appropriate timeframe? The Girls basketball coach resigned in March - April, and weeks later they were in the gym conducting tryouts and practices. The job hasn’t been advertised. Who conduct those workouts and tryouts? Therefore, why was no coach conducting football workouts during the coaching search? 
Why is it acceptable for the football players to not have workouts during the off-season? This causes a competitive disadvantage. Come fall you will have folks speaking as if these players actually were mentally and physically prepared for the season when they compete with schools that have a window of 7-8 months ahead of strength and conditioning.
There’s no logic that supports this process being handled in a proper way. West Bolivar has arguably the top 2025, 2026, and 2027 prospect(s) in the Delta. These kids are having to pay for camps just to compete during the off-season. Clearly there’s a discrepancy in what athletic programs receive SUPPORT and others that don’t at WB.. what’s the difference? 
Secondly, the tradition at West Bolivar in football is the golden standard. The expectations should be high every year. You can go far outside of the Delta and have conversations with most sport fans who know Rosedale football. 
People respect the program statewide, yet it’s clearly evident that it has been neglected for self interests. This is the 5th High School HC since 2014. Later this summer they will hire the 5th Jr. High HC since 2014. Were those coaches and the football program during the years supported? 

If things suddenly change now, it exposes a much deeper systematic issue within the power structure in this building/athletic administration. A lot of kids were not given a chance to compete on a level playing field and that shouldn’t go overlooked. The journey will kick off LIVE on social media  starting June 13th @ 8AM. Get your popcorn ready! 

Edited by IRONEagle

I see why West Bolivar can’t keep a coach… The guy hasn’t had the job for a day yet and it’s already negativity… With the way u say they have great athletes he should be ok… I don’t know him personally just from umpiring games but coach Henry Johnson spoke very highly of him.. some of the things posted on this cite are crazy… paying for summer camps is what kids have to do. Cleveland central parents paid for their camps… you can’t use school funds to pay for individual camps… and if west bolivar is that loaded with talent how did they lose to NSA in the spring.. 🤷🏿

The stuff you comment on .. as opposed to the facts you ignore clearly prove why you’re posting now about West Bolivar. You keep naming people as if that gives credibility to your comments. In this case, if I was invested in redirecting then you’ll definitely be the spokesperson. Again on June 13th it’s coming LIVE on social media. Since that’s the new reality. 

I don’t see facts.. I see misleading the people the who read and post to this cite… I don’t know Jeremy but what type of guy wants to see another guy do bad… what district hires someone whose not qualified to do a job when you say it’s about kids right… if u want facts I can definitely dig deep and get u facts… when it comes to school boards it’s public records after it’s over… you say you know the game right? We’ll get the junior high and build it up so they will be ready wen they get to high school… It’s people like this that will not let west bolivar get anything back… 

The picture is clear now. June 13th at 8AM.. that’s when football for student athletes at West Bolivar begins. What Coach have I downed? Matter of fact, show me where I’ve even mentioned the Coach. I said a month or so ago I knew who the coach would be and that was true. I haven’t mentioned them a single time so if you are going to lie, atleast be good at lying. 
Schools we compete against have been working out since November. I stated that the last 3 or 4 weeks the only opportunity our student athletes have had to train for football season has been individual workouts and football camps just to compete.. and someone made that into being negative. You can’t make this stuff up. That speaks to the motive of new posters circulating on this post. I never said kids and parents shouldn’t pay for camps.. but since Cleveland Central was mentioned I’m sure their kids aren’t paying for team camps they have competed in this summer. I’m sure they have been practicing as a team. I’m sure they filled coaching vacancies in a timely manner. West Bolivar team hasn’t even practiced together in nearly a month.
Starting next Monday will be the first time West Bolivar has had a team workout or team meeting since May spring practice. Before those 10 or so days of spring practice in May they hadn’t worked out as a team since November. 

But none of that matters now, since board meetings are public record. I got one question. Do school boards post jobs, interview, recommend personnel? 
Watch it live on social media.. get your popcorn ready! 

Edited by IRONEagle

1 hour ago, Pistolpete said:
1 hour ago, s1nglewing said:

Instead of supporting the coach he downing him already…. It’s people like this that cause problems… 

What's not to like about this hire? 

Hometown boy who played QB for the Eagles, coached several years under Henry Johnson (including on the SC teams under Johnson) - been in coaching and education for a long time. This is the best hire WB has made in several years. Now whether he can turn around the program is anyone's guess, but you can't win with no talent and that's a fact, no matter how good a coach you may be.

Only schools that I am aware of have an interview committee of 2 or 3 folks and is usually the AD, a principal and possibly the superintendent etc.  These folks do all the interviewing and then recommend 1 person to the board for the position. School board is not involved in posting job openings.

Like I said, upside down society. You can tell when people have an agenda. Already making excuses.. what is talent? What coach has ever won without talent? What talent has ever won without a competent coach & staff? What school has allowed their student athletes to sit idle and now got folks on here trying to put the spotlight on a decision that should’ve been made 5 months ago? 
Folks will sell their last ounce of human decency just to secure a title. 

Saying it was the plan from day one and saying the leaders of west bolivar aren’t good decision makers isn’t downing the coach?… it’s clear the agenda that u are pushing for and it’s not facts…. Instead of going live on Monday get out there and lend the guy a hand… tell him about these great top players in each class he might not know about…. Northside conducted a hiring committee this past spring and it included 3 people… principal ad and superintendent and that’s public records… truthfully a school really doesn’t have to advertise a job if it’s already someone there for the job… look at shaw for instance a few years ago when coach Davis left… Did Henry not move right up… Leroy cotton was a AP at Cleveland central… Did he not move right up to principal… And oh yeah ur personal favorite Clarksdale…. I think his name is Hill… he’s the new AD now….. like I said it’s public records just like city hall stuff… anything that uses public funds has public records… 

Edited by Pistolpete

Whew, this is alot! It's going to be hard for anybody to overcome all this, hats off to whomever. Our kids just never seemed to get a fair shake at west bolivar. At shaw their happy and everything is more in place. They recently got a chance to meet Coach Prime at the JSU football camp they attended. They put in  work too.

5 hours ago, pancho said:

So now the problem is solved and we can expect  elite athletes and a well coach team with solid schemes at WB? 

Pancho, don’t believe nothing you’re reading on this thread right now. I’m telling you it’s backwards.. the kids at West Bolivar haven’t ever been the issue. I’ll keep in touch with you on this situation. Yesterday and today were some huge days… expect offers to come in the near future. 

41 minutes ago, IRONEagle said:

The countdown officially beings now! First summer workout of 2022 is tomorrow morning 8AM. It will be live on social media!
Singlewing said this is the best hire WB has made in several years! Get your popcorn ready. 

<- also said you can't win without talent.