C-19 vs Flu debate:

MSUBulldog2010

Both the Flu and C-19 are estimated to have the same incubation periods, both are upper respiratory tract infections, both share the same method of spread and delivery, both have the same signs and symptoms, and for the first time, it's being reported that one upper respiratory tract infection in the way of C-19 has virtually and completely wiped out another in the way of the Flu. Meanwhile, the primers and probes used in the testing diagnostics in labs to claim that a person has C-19, aren't even warranted in terms of accuracy by the CDC according to the primers and probes disclaimer statement on the CDC's official website. Perhaps this is why so many false/positive test results are rendered and why a number of individuals who get the vaccine also get the virus. Both viruses attack RNA and not DNA. That's a total of 5 key similarities and yet none have conveyed to me a key difference substantiating C-19 as a virus different than the Flu. Thoughts are obviously welcome.

I turned down $24.50 an hour earlier this year to conduct C-19 contact tracing on the 2nd-floor of the Triage Center in Jackson, MS due to my personal belief that much false info has been spread regarding C-19 since its inception. Virtually no one at the time would have ever believed that our country could be duped into invading another country based on a false report of weapons of mass destruction and yet that's arguably exactly what transpired. To date, my research has revealed to me that whatever the difference between C-19 and the Flu is, that the difference is both assumed to actually exist as well as remaining unstated to the public at large for whatever the reason may be. Additionally, why do I have the sneaking notion that just as soon as the delta-variant dies down that every named variant under the sun from the Ozark-variant to the Malaysian-variant will start popping up over the next 5 to 10 years?

It's eerie right b/c I constantly see an alternate reality on my TV vs what I personally experience here in the real world when I walk out of my house and my unvaccinated self is interacting with my equally unvaccinated neighbors and we're all simply asking ourselves, what's really going on? For the time being, my personal cure for C-19 happens to be the off button on my TV remote. The masses were ready to invade Iraq based on seemingly false intel and for what it's worth, the masses are also for getting the vaccine while lacking the needed intel to confirm a singular key difference between the two aforementioned virus types.

I would like to say that I'm playing the devil's advocate but I'm honestly not so sure that I am at this juncture. Most would consider a 5:1 ratio with 5 listed similarities while only seeking 1 key difference to be more than fair. The CDC is the supplier of the primers and probes to the testing labs and yet the CDC doesn't warranty the accuracy of their own product. If the CDC doesn't trust the accuracy of their own product then why should I? If the difference in the two viruses isn't being told then that situation leads me to believe the difference isn't being told b/c the difference can't be told. If no difference can be identified between C-19 and the Flu then there's no way that a determination can be established as the two being anything other than one singular disease type. As strong as the desire is stemming from various elements of the established government to have everyone vaccinated, you can't convince me that if there was a key difference that the difference wouldn't be currently shared on virtually every form of media possible.

Edited by MSUBulldog2010
To convey the strength of my personal conviction regarding the subject topic.

I've known multiple folks that had Covid and were in the hospital for a while- nothing like the flu. 

I've known some others that had Covid that were on Oxygen at home for MONTHS- and I'm talking 30-50 year olds... folks that normally get through the flu after a few days. 

I also lost my dad to Covid in January. Dad got the flu in 2020 and was back out working in the yard in a couple of days. 

Covid is MUCH more dangerous than the flu and it's real. 

I respect your opinion to not get vaccinated, I do ask you to reconsider. It may, literally, save your life. 

11 hours ago, rebmus said:

I've known multiple folks that had Covid and were in the hospital for a while- nothing like the flu. 

I've known some others that had Covid that were on Oxygen at home for MONTHS- and I'm talking 30-50 year olds... folks that normally get through the flu after a few days. 

I also lost my dad to Covid in January. Dad got the flu in 2020 and was back out working in the yard in a couple of days. 

Covid is MUCH more dangerous than the flu and it's real. 

I respect your opinion to not get vaccinated, I do ask you to reconsider. It may, literally, save your life. 

My condolences regarding your father as I've lost mine as well. I don't see anything scientific that would indicated what's being labeled as C-19 is anything other than the latest strand of the Flu and it should be noted that throughout history, various strands/mutations of the Flu have always been worse than others. Keep in mind that the CDC states that the Flu is estimated to have an incubation period which moves a full 24-48 hours faster than does C-19 and this all while the media reports C-19 as being the more aggressive of the two upper respiratory tract infections. So the one with the slower incubation period is the more aggressive of the two when they both transmit in the same manner once airborne? I don't buy it respectfully. I don't mind that the latest version of the Flu has been labeled as C-19 but until I see a scientific difference between C-19 and the Flu, I'm not ready to say they're different disease types when all indications point to them being the same disease. 

Edited by MSUBulldog2010

Dr. David Agus is currently reporting on CBS This Morning News that the delta variant is a new virus but the good Dr. is simply wrong as the word variant defined means " a form or version of something that differs in some respect from other forms of the same thing or from a standard." So the Delta is either a variant of the same C-19 virus or it's a new virus but it's certainly not both as Dr. David Agus is so falsely reporting. If I said that C-19 is a variant of the Flu (which I believe by the way), then the masses would be up in arms. 

Edited by MSUBulldog2010

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 3:00 PM, MSUBulldog2010 said:

The symptoms for delta are most similar to that of a bad cold

The articles I've read say the same, for vaccinated people.

Also, in the articles I've read... over 90% of current patients in the hospital with covid are not vaccinated. 

15 hours ago, rebmus said:

The articles I've read say the same, for vaccinated people.

Also, in the articles I've read... over 90% of current patients in the hospital with covid are not vaccinated. 

You nor anyone else that I've conversed with have identified a scientific variable which would render whatever % of cases you're referring to as being anything other than the flu. Hitting the backspace key on the word influenza in a spreadsheet and replacing it with the word covid, doesn't create a new disease in reality. The point of this topic is that I can give numerous similarities between what's being described as two separate viruses while none has shared a key difference between what's being described as two separate viruses. In order to establish two different percentages for two different diseases, one must first identify evidence to suggest that there actually are two different diseases but in the case of covid-19, that step has been skipped right over and the unscientific leap to giving separate percentages for the Flu and C-19 took place instead. I don't currently believe them to be two separate virus types but rather one singular virus type based in part on the evidence that I shared in the original post. Attempting to use statistics to suggest that covid isn't the flu doesn't work but actually has the reverse effect considering flu numbers dropped through the floor of being virtually nonexistent at the exact same time that covid numbers shot sky high. That doesn't suggest two different diseases but rather one disease that has been relabeled. 

What happened to the flu? Where did it get buried? Did it even get a tombstone or proper burial or did it get dumped at sea along with Bin Laden? I mean everyone is hating on covid-19 like he's such a bad guy but people fail to see the good in him. I mean he did get rid of the Flu did he not?

Edited by MSUBulldog2010

10 hours ago, pancho said:

from 2019-2020 we has 38 million flu cases in this country.  from 2020-2021, we had 1800 cases of the flu.  them some dam good masks i guess even though there is no factual evidence that of a case study to prove it at all. 

Pancho brings up an interesting point b/c both the flu and c-19 spread in the exact same manner and the flu is estimated to have an incubation period that moves 24 to 48 hours swifter than does c-19 and yet in spite of these facts, flu numbers have dropped while mask wearing allowed c-19 to spread like wildfire. Let's rehash, c-19 is said to be more aggressive than the flu even though the CDC estimates the incubation period for the flu to move a full day to two days faster than c-19 and even though both spread by air droplets, mask have killed the flue but not c-19. These notions are simply not believable regardless of the national media's lack of desire and motivation to discuss these facts. 

I won’t pretend to have all the answers, but what I do know is that Mississippi shattered its previous record with 5,000 new cases today, and the overwhelming majority of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are among unvaccinated. Our state healthcare system is in a major bind right now, that much is not really up for debate.

I don’t love how every step of the process has been handled and as someone with a PR background I have been as frustrated with the media coverage as anybody. But this virus is wreaking havoc in our state and there’s an overwhelming amount of evidence that suggests the vaccine is by far your best defense at the moment. Our hospitals are hell on earth right now and this thing is spreading in our schools far worse than it did a year ago.

I’m not big into mandates and I think we are all responsible to make a choice on this matter with our family’s interest in mind. But I’ve gotta tell you friends, the argument for not getting the vaccine has lost a lot of merit in my mind in recent weeks. I probably felt differently two months ago but the landscape has changed very suddenly.

Edited by Dawg83

11 hours ago, Dawg83 said:

I won’t pretend to have all the answers, but what I do know is that Mississippi shattered its previous record with 5,000 new cases today, and the overwhelming majority of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are among unvaccinated. Our state healthcare system is in a major bind right now, that much is not really up for debate.

I don’t love how every step of the process has been handled and as someone with a PR background I have been as frustrated with the media coverage as anybody. But this virus is wreaking havoc in our state and there’s an overwhelming amount of evidence that suggests the vaccine is by far your best defense at the moment. Our hospitals are hell on earth right now and this thing is spreading in our schools far worse than it did a year ago.

I’m not big into mandates and I think we are all responsible to make a choice on this matter with our family’s interest in mind. But I’ve gotta tell you friends, the argument for not getting the vaccine has lost a lot of merit in my mind in recent weeks. I probably felt differently two months ago but the landscape has changed very suddenly.

I've never gotten the vaccine, have never gotten the "virus" and will simply go ahead and say that I'll never get either of the two. People are being over diagnosed with false-positive test not being reported by the media. I've spoken with numerous individuals who state that they were diagnosed with the virus one day then a few days later they did another test that came back negative. This goes back to the primers and probes being used in the testing diagnostics by the labs not be warranted by the very CDC who produce the primer and probe testing codes issued to those labs. The reason for not getting the vaccine has gained steam if anything not lost steam due to the national media reporting when the vaccines first came out as being 100% effective to now reporting that those who get the vaccine can still be infected with something regardless if that something is C-19 or merely the Flu for which no distinction between the two has been shared with the public at large to date. I also notice that virtually all pictures of a infected person displayed on the news is in already terrible physical health and clearly have numerous other conditions, anyone of which could have been the straw that broke the preverbal camels back in terms of that persons health. Respectfully of course. Respectfully I say these words. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is the CDC’s warranty disclaimer statement regarding the accuracy of the primer and probe sequences developed by and issued to C-19 testing labs to be used in the testing diagnostics to determine if a person has C-19 or not. Would you purchase a new vehicle absent a manufacturer warranty? Then why would you trust a test which sees its validity stem from a development technique not backed by the developer? You won’t see this disclaimer on your local or National news b/c it doesn’t comport with the narrative used by the masses currently.

"*****DISCLAIMER****** These sequences are intended to be used for the purposes of respiratory virus surveillance and research. The recipient agrees to use them in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of the sequences, but CDC cannot provide any warranty regarding their accuracy. The recipient can acknowledge the source of sequences in any oral presentations or written publications concerning the research project by referring to the Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA"

This is the weblink directly to that statement >>>           rt-pcr-panel-primer-probes.pdf (cdc.gov)

Covid and the flu have a similar death rate. For older people, covid is much worse. For younger people, the flu is much worse. For middle age people, they are about the same. There is already immunity to the flu, while there was no immunity to covid. If there were no immunity to the flu, it would be just as lethal or more lethal than covid. I believe people who are more at risk for serious illness from covid, such as the elderly and those with underlying conditions, should at least consider getting the vaccine. I’m not comfortable telling that to younger, healthy people. 

Edited by Chunky6617

14 hours ago, Chunky6617 said:

Covid and the flu have a similar death rate. For older people, covid is much worse. For younger people, the flu is much worse. For middle age people, they are about the same. There is already immunity to the flu, while there was no immunity to covid. If there were no immunity to the flu, it would be just as lethal or more lethal than covid. I believe people who are more at risk for serious illness from covid, such as the elderly and those with underlying conditions, should at least consider getting the vaccine. I’m not comfortable telling that to younger, healthy people. 

Just like C-19, there have been those who have obtained the flu shot over the years and have gotten the virus. I've seen no evidence that what's being labeled as C-19 isn't merely the most recent mutation of the flu strand or series of virus. It was said for years by science leading up to the potential creation of C-19/relabeling of the flu that a concerning immunity to the effectiveness of the flu shot was increasing across the general public which could lead to the flu shot not being as effective as in years past. I return to the fact that you can't start giving separate categories of numbers in a Microsoft spreadsheet for what's being labeled as the flu vs what's being labeled as Covid-19 absent first establishing a real world difference between those two diseases which I've yet to hear or see anyone do.  

Edited by MSUBulldog2010

• 3 weeks later...

I'm perplexed why some physicians don't speak to this in some form.  Do they fear having their license yanked?  My daughter had an ear infection last week and went to a clinic where they demanded she be tested for the china virus.  She refused and then went to another facility where her ears were examined and was given a script.  The girl at the first clinic told her she no doubt had covid when my daughter  knows it's the type infection she has had almost every year. And why do they ask for insurance info when receiving the free jab?