Longest time as a high school football broadcast in MS

slicklizard

I know our guys have been at it a long time since the nineties I think and I know of no others I can think of that have been at it that long football wise.

I remember Kelly Sanner doing it for Oak Grove but he’s not at it anymore.

I can remember listening to Metzler and the Picayune guys over the internet since the mid 2000s.

Maybe there are some from the northern part of the state that have been at it longer that I’m not aware of.

What’s the longest any of y’all know of being broadcast, not just internet, but radio too ? And maybe a memorable moment or two to go with it or not.

Just now, slicklizard said:

I know our guys have been at it a long time since the nineties I think and I know of no others I can think of that have been at it that long football wise.

I can remember listening to Metzler and the Picayune guys over the internet since the mid 2000s.

Maybe there are some from the northern part of the state that have been at it longer that I’m not aware of.

What’s the longest any of y’all know of being broadcast, not just internet, but radio too ? And maybe a memorable moment or two to go with it or not.

I think Vott has this one won. Congrats Vott !!!!! 

13 minutes ago, slicklizard said:

I know you mentioned Carey, but he's been the Voice of the Maroon Tide since the 1994 season when he took over for the late Sam Atkins.  That predates Dodd Lee as Head Coach since he took over the helm in 1996.

WABO  has been broadcasting High school football in Waynesboro since the mid 60s I know.  WABO would replay the game on Saturday mornings in the 60s.  Not sure when they actually went live.  To my knowledge there has never been a Wayne County War Eagle Football game that was not broadcast by WABO.  

In 2004 we added delayed video on the local cable channel and did that up until a couple of years ago.  We began our livestream when Covid came along and are continuing that again this year.  Sharpie Smith and Kenny Odom did the radio call for years.  Kenny joined me in the delayed video broadcasting around 2008 and in or about 2010 Kenny and I started calling the games for WABO and we are still at it.  It is a ton of fun!

5 hours ago, slicklizard said:

Ted Tibbett did the radio broadcast for Hattiesburg High from 1970-2010.

4 hours ago, WABO1 said:

WABO  has been broadcasting High school football in Waynesboro since the mid 60s I know.  WABO would replay the game on Saturday mornings in the 60s.  Not sure when they actually went live.  To my knowledge there has never been a Wayne County War Eagle Football game that was not broadcast by WABO.  

In 2004 we added delayed video on the local cable channel and did that up until a couple of years ago.  We began our livestream when Covid came along and are continuing that again this year.  Sharpie Smith and Kenny Odom did the radio call for years.  Kenny joined me in the delayed video broadcasting around 2008 and in or about 2010 Kenny and I started calling the games for WABO and we are still at it.  It is a ton of fun!

You must be the legendary Marshall Wood. 

30 minutes ago, slicklizard said:

Welcome to 2006 Vott,lol. I thought everyone knew the chief of staff for Wayne County football.

I've talked to him for about the last 7 yrs HHS and WC have played. In fact made my way to the press box to chat with him last season at WC.