Has your coach ever been thrown out of a game?

Blake

• 3 weeks later...

pine grove coach was ejected before a player was also ejected in 1A north game 3 last week.  pine grove lost and roasted the umpire who made a close call on social media until he responded to them rather crudely. pine grove officials then sent the umps social media response to the mhsaa.  the ump is now banned for next year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 4:41 PM, pancho said:

pine grove coach was ejected before a player was also ejected in 1A north game 3 last week.  pine grove lost and roasted the umpire who made a close call on social media until he responded to them rather crudely. pine grove officials then sent the umps social media response to the mhsaa.  the ump is now banned for next year.

fans harass man until he responds then they get in their feelings and causes him to be removed from his job. Absolutely pathetic for them and good they lost. 

I agree fully with your assessment sir.  The Pine Grove faithful also started a "we are the best team in tippah county" deal on social media.  They just played Ripley last week in summer games with next years full high school team.  Ripley pitcher threw a perfect game against them.  was it karma or the fact that they can't hit a real 4A caliber pitcher? 

• 6 months later...

Most umpires I’ve seen are usually pretty lenient toward coaches. I think it’s because they know how much money it costs a coach to get ejected. I’ve seen some “discussions” that I’ve thought surely would lead to an ejection, but rarely have. But coaches probably have to know not to abuse that leniency. 
I’ve been covering HS baseball for 10 years, & I’ve only seen one coach & one player ejected. 

10 hours ago, KOshooter said:

Most umpires I’ve seen are usually pretty lenient toward coaches. I think it’s because they know how much money it costs a coach to get ejected. I’ve seen some “discussions” that I’ve thought surely would lead to an ejection, but rarely have. But coaches probably have to know not to abuse that leniency. 
I’ve been covering HS baseball for 10 years, & I’ve only seen one coach & one player ejected. 

I have seen players get kicked but never coaches. Coaches typically have more room for that kind of thing. Players will get kicked because umpires need to enforce their authority. Coaches are much closer in authority than players and therefore have a much longer leash.

On 12/25/2021 at 8:46 PM, msaisbandkid said:

I have seen players get kicked but never coaches. Coaches typically have more room for that kind of thing. Players will get kicked because umpires need to enforce their authority. Coaches are much closer in authority than players and therefore have a much longer leash.

The only game I’ve seen anyone ejected, a player got ejected for laying down on the field & slamming his hands on the ground in protest of a call. His coach quickly followed him out the gate. This occurred in the 6th inning, but I had told several people in the 2nd, “Someone is getting ejected tonight.”  If the umpires had not been as cool headed as they were, there would’ve been more, & it would’ve happened earlier. 

• 3 months later...

I think the MRA state championship teams from 2010 and 2012 had disqualifications. The first one was when an assistant coach during the Champ game threw a clipboard and was tossed; and then in 2012; was when a player and a couple coaches were suspended. That team went on to win a championship.