Ole Miss Rebels - 2022 CWS National Champions

Bianco is pretty much an adopted Manning now. Always around but choked in big games- until he didn't. 

Eli and Peyton got two SBs, hopefully Bianco can get another natty... I won't complain without a second natty, it's all gravy from here. 

I can’t imagine DeLucia’s draft stock will ever be higher than it is now, similar to Will Bednar last year. Coming back to school frankly wouldn’t make a ton of sense. What’s left to accomplish? Plus you can go ahead and get paid to start your pro career.

I was going to say that Delucia’s performance was a mirror image of Bednar. Incredible and yes I think his draft stock has skyrocketed.

He will be playing pro ball shortly IMO. And will pocket a nice bonus up front. No real reason for him to remain in college after winning the NC and being draft eligible. 

NIL along with the free for all transfer rule going to be more bad than good. I see where USM is losing some players. Which is a shame. 

Probably be a mixed bag for State and Ole Miss. We will each gain a few and lose a few. At least until all this settles down. 

But for you Ole Miss folks enjoy. Honestly even though it has been a year, I am still enjoying last year’s NC. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2022 at 9:27 PM, rebmus said:

Bianco is pretty much an adopted Manning now. Always around but choked in big games- until he didn't. 

Eli and Peyton got two SBs, hopefully Bianco can get another natty... I won't complain without a second natty, it's all gravy from here. 

Oh he is for sure! Lots of Bianco ass kissers out there, but I’m not one of them. I guess he finally got over the hump after managing to keep the core of his team together. It all worked out well for him. And he’s only 55! He could be sitting in the Ole Miss dugout for at least another 15 years! 😆

Edited by Hard Knocks

2 hours ago, Hard Knocks said:

Oh he is for sure! Lots of Bianco ass kissers out there, but I’m not one of them. I guess he finally got over the hump after managing to keep the core of his team together. It all worked out well for him. And he’s only 55! He could be sitting in the Ole Miss dugout for at least another 15 years! 😆

I don’t know. Let him miss the NCAAT one year and the Fire Bianco bandwagon will start rolling again.   Even Lemonis’ seat was getting warm this year.  Lol   

3 hours ago, Hard Knocks said:

Comments about MSU baseball on the Ole Miss natty topic? Get that trash out of here! 

Sorry dude, i thought this site was a bit more at ease as far as that type skuttle goes. I'll try and make sure I keep my general comments in the right group since some may get touchy.  I went to Ole Miss but have always been a state fan and actually took 3 ole miss fans to Omaha last week and showed them around town and had a blast.  

NIL and the portal combined have changed the landscape of college sports. 

Obviously, it has changed football the most. 

Baseball may be the second most changed college sport, these players have been playing for partial scholarships for years so this NIL money means a LOT to them. 

5 hours ago, pancho said:

Bianco has secured xavier rivas from the portal (LHP) and ehtan lege ( INF/OF) and appears that 100K has been located to secure Delucia to return.

$100k for Delucia?   Where was he predicted to be drafted? 

23 minutes ago, MSTSatchmo said:

$100k for Delucia?   Where was he predicted to be drafted? 

It's not just the draft, it's other college teams offering NIL money to Delucia to transfer. 

Like I said, the landscape has changed. 

Delucia is about to get paid, and good for him... no matter where he ends up playing next year. 

9 minutes ago, MSTSatchmo said:

I just figured he had played his way up the draft so high that $100k would not be close to keeping him in college.  

MLB draft is very unpredictable vs the NFL draft, but it wouldn't surprise me if Delucia gets a draft offer big enough to get him out of college. 

It also wouldn't surprise me if another college team put together a $200k NIL "offer" to Delucia and he took the transfer. 

IF the $100K rumor is true, I'd wager that's not enough for Delucia to stay at Ole Miss. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, MSTSatchmo said:

Someone who follows baseball closer than I do explain how Delucia goes 10th round.  

The best explanation I have is repeating what I said earlier... the MLB draft is very unpredictable. 

I did read somewhere that Delucia was 6th round though, not sure? Same place I read Diamond was drafted in the 6th round before Delucia. That makes zero sense to me if true, but I'm certainly no MLB scout. 

ETA: I looked it up. 6th round, 11 picks after Diamond. 

Elko was drafted in the 10th round, that's probably the mixup Satch. 

Dulicia's estimated value is $284K, well over the $100K rumored to stay at OM. 

Below is a link to players drafted, you can filter down on any school for those interested. 

MLB Draft Tracker | MLB.com

Edited by rebmus