Simmons- 16 Humpreys Co- 6

Charleston-16 Rosa Fort-12

Leflore Co- 8 McEvans-6

Cleveland Central- 28 Greenwood- 6

West Tally- 30 Cleveland Central JV- 14

Edited by greenandgoldhawk

1 hour ago, TheAnswer said:

Going to be a long year for Rosedale…

Greenwood, too. No other surprises here. Maybe North Sunflower is just really good, though. They did make the 3rd round in MAIS 8-man 2A last season.

Greenwood was salty before the pandemic over-reaction. It appears their best athletes went elsewhere from that point.

2 hours ago, Chunky6617 said:

Saturday morning jamboree at USM

Varsity: 

Mize -12

Clarkdale - 0 

JV: 

Mize - 22

Clarkdale - 0 

Surprised by the varsity score but Clarkdale just played in the 3a baseball state championship game and may have had some players out; Enterprise will beat both of these teams pretty handily in the fall. 

7 minutes ago, EnterpriseBulldogsFan said:

Surprised by the varsity score but Clarkdale just played in the 3a baseball state championship game and may have had some players out; Enterprise will beat both of these teams pretty handily in the fall. 

They did have a couple players out. And enterprise will eventually break your heart like they’ve always done in another year or two. Then you will go back to wanting to fire your coach again. 

Poplarville has a good team and all the players are comfortable in their system. Varsity at half was Poplarville up 7-0. Our defense got their legs under and played well after the first drive TD. On offense there was a lot of three and outs with us throwing the ball. We graduated all of our receivers and I can see where they were trying to work on a passing game but the blame for this game has to fall on our offensive line. I didn’t get into who was out there but they looked like they were getting schooled on what varsity football is all about. At the horn it was Poplarville winning 21-0

Now the JV , man I am so excited to watch these kids go up. That defense was the most physical of any unit in the stadium Friday night. You could hear the pads popping at the snap and they put the runner on the ground with ferocity. It was 14-0 quick with two long scoring plays by us before they took some of the horses out. It wound up a tie at 14. I can’t see some of them kids staying JV for long. All on all it was a good time in a beautiful setting and evening.  I hope we can keep playing poplarville.

We need the work for that type of offense.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...