Jump to content

Who will benefit from the new Classifications the most?


JRoss1958
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, CrimsonUnit1988 said:

So they're irrelevant in this count then. That skews the numbers for what you posted. 

I am not so sure about that. The 24-25 season will be year two of reclassification between 2023-2025 numbers. If they are playing that season, I would imagine they would have to take their numbers for that in order to properly place them?? That is a interesting scenario

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, coastfootballfanman said:

I actually would be excited for the battles that would take place in the south half. Would be great football games! 

I meant that as saying it to Petal not your post sorry for the wires crossed. We love the competition. Iron sharpens iron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coastfootballfanman said:

I am not so sure about that. The 24-25 season will be year two of reclassification between 2023-2025 numbers. If they are playing that season, I would imagine they would have to take their numbers for that in order to properly place them?? That is a interesting scenario

I'm talking about for the 23 season when this starts. If they don't start until 25 (according to Rebel Bert) then I don't know why they were included in the numbers post for North and South possibilities. Bottom line is that if they don't play until 25 that means we have a whole other reclass to go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CrimsonUnit1988 said:

I'm talking about for the 23 season when this starts. If they don't start until 25 (according to Rebel Bert) then I don't know why they were included in the numbers post for North and South possibilities. Bottom line is that if they don't play until 25 that means we have a whole other reclass to go. 

I get your point. I have heard they were supposed to begin play in 23-24 season, but I believe Rebel Bert said 24-25 season is when they will begin play. I have not seen anything concrete regarding that though either. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pancho said:

ok

I will give him a call this evening and ask about them. He could have omitted them by mistake because you are right, Tishomingo County would most likely be a high 4A. Mooreville I assume may be 3A if they were not on his list or he may have omitted them as well on accident. I will get more details this evening

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2022 at 7:28 PM, slicklizard said:

Can’t wait.

Its no shock hearing that it was Petal that went crying because they were stuck in a region that was unwinable for them . Coach Boyles is in the rearview now and they are spiraling back to their historical average. There are some monsters coming up in our region . Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

Crying because of travel to Warren Central  vs travel to Harrison Central.  Not much diffence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CrimsonUnit1988 said:

I'm talking about for the 23 season when this starts. If they don't start until 25 (according to Rebel Bert) then I don't know why they were included in the numbers post for North and South possibilities. Bottom line is that if they don't play until 25 that means we have a whole other reclass to go. 

24-25 school year is what has been posted. I think they have to tell MHSAA as to when they are going to start or: Play 1 year independent, Play either Mendenhall or Magee schedule, Start combined sports in 2023.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, pancho said:

what about mooreville and tish county? I figured tish would be close to a low 5 or high 4.  isn't mooreville a solid 4?

Tishomingo was 432 however Burnsville Elementary K-8 would add an extra 65 to either Tishomingo or Belmont.

Mooreville is 348 3A.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rebel Bert said:

Tishomingo was 432 however Burnsville Elementary K-8 would add an extra 65 to either Tishomingo or Belmont.

Mooreville is 348 3A.

Tishomingo is feed by Burnsville and Iuka Middle, Students at Tishomingo middle have the option of TC or Belmont.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Oblivious said:

Tishomingo is feed by Burnsville and Iuka Middle, Students at Tishomingo middle have the option of TC or Belmont.

Tishomingo has 333 without the 8th grades. 

Iuka Middle  99

Burnsville 8th 65

Tish should be 4A with just 29 of those 164.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...