NFL Draft and Mississippians...

Blake

Obviously everyone expects Elijah Moore to be the first Mississippi college player drafted. How high will he go? Will his college game translate to the NFL as effectively as AJ and DK's did, or is he more Treadwell?

Who else are you thinking gets drafted out of Mississippi?

It will probably be a light draft for State. 2-3 guys tops, all Day 3 guys. Some combination, of Kylin, Erroll, Kobe, and Marquiss Spencer. Not really expecting anyone outside of that.

I think Moore is going to be a solid NFL player. Probably somewhere in between what Treadwell did and what DK and AJ are doing. Seems like he is projected to be a late 1st/early 2nd round guy, which I think suits him well.

Falcons go with Kyle Pitts instead of a QB, Matt Ryan will sleep better tonight. I expected them to pick a QB, I like this pick better than going after a QB right now.

It will be interesting to see how Pitts does in the NFL, he was a monster on the field in college. 

Julio Jones and Pitts at TE, Ryan will be living a QB dream. 

Thought Moore might go to Green Bay at 29, but that would've made too much sense and they apparently don't care a whole lot about offering an olive branch to Aaron Rodgers.

He will go pretty quickly tonight. Not expecting any State players until Saturday.

A couple things hurt Hill draft stock. The first thing is he definitely should have declared after his Jr season. Secondly, whatever happened this year whether it was his choice to opt out due to Covid family related reasons or issues with the direction of the program hurt him tremendously. Lastly, this hurt a lot of the guys as well but the changing of the coaching staff. This years class had 3 different head coaches, staffs, and philosophies.  Believe it or not that hurt those guys bad. I forgot to mention that the flag ordeal might have played a part in it as well with Hill. 

Edited by oldschool84

Kylin could've made himself some money via playing in the Air Raid had it all worked out. If you recall, he looked great as a pass catching RB in Week 1 against LSU and that was all anyone was talking about. Then he got hurt on one of the first plays against Arkansas, then whatever happened in Lexington happened, and that was the end of Kylin at MSU. My understanding was that him not being with the team after the Kentucky game was a mutual decision, and that he was very much not blameless in that situation. Granted, we now know that State wasn't a very good team and I don't know that he makes a huge difference in how the season would've played out, so I do think there's merit to the argument that he should've gone pro after 2019.

I think Kylin is a guy with a high ceiling but I worry that his personality is going to hinder him. He's gotta find some maturity pretty soon, and you didn't see that just a ton at State. Whether it be his demeanor on social media, or him noticeably asking to come out of the game at certain times, or the several times he was helped off the field like he had a broken leg or torn ACL only to be back in the game a few plays later. That won't fly at the professional level, and I hope he realizes that, because as a 7th round pick he's going to have to really kill it in training camp and the preseason just to make the roster.

Edited by Dawg83

7 hours ago, Dawg83 said:

I think Kylin is a guy with a high ceiling but I worry that his personality is going to hinder him. 

Fair, and I agree. 

No idea how Hill will work out in the NFL, but for a 7th round gamble with his talent.. great pick IMO.