My Early Big and Little 2022 Rankings

RUNNINGMAN67

Petal is not a top 20 team. They lost like 6 of their last 7 games last year and only won 1 6A game and that was to an awful Northwest Rankin team. You have them 3rd? Delusional. No Brandon or Oak Grove who are constantly beating most every one to those coast teams in this poll yearly. Whens the last time a coast 6A team has gone to the championship? So much chest chumping every year from the 6A coast and they get wiped out in the playoffs. Maybe throw Brandon on your schedule instead of 3A teams or mediocre coast 6A teams and you'd get more respect. Picayune might be good but this poll is a dumpster fire top to bottom. 

On 2/25/2022 at 10:27 AM, RUNNINGMAN67 said:

These are my own opinion. Feel free to share your won. 

Big Schools 4A-6A

1. Picayune

2. West Jones

3. Petal

4. Ocean Springs

5. Gulfport

6. Laurel

7. Madison Central

8. Starkville

9. West Point

10. Poplarville

Small Schools 1A-3A

1. JDC

2. Scott Central

3. West Marion

4. North Forrest

5. Taylorsville

6. Bay Springs

7. Amory

8. Raleigh

9. Hazlehurst

10. Tylertown

Does the highly rated Heritage QB transferring to Oxford put them in the top 10?  

On 3/1/2022 at 12:26 PM, JagsFan77 said:

Petal is not a top 20 team. They lost like 6 of their last 7 games last year and only won 1 6A game and that was to an awful Northwest Rankin team. You have them 3rd? Delusional. No Brandon or Oak Grove who are constantly beating most every one to those coast teams in this poll yearly. Whens the last time a coast 6A team has gone to the championship? So much chest chumping every year from the 6A coast and they get wiped out in the playoffs. Maybe throw Brandon on your schedule instead of 3A teams or mediocre coast 6A teams and you'd get more respect. Picayune might be good but this poll is a dumpster fire top to bottom. 

Has the petal coach won at any other school before now?

On 2/25/2022 at 4:24 PM, EnterpriseBulldogsFan said:

My polls are more accurate than his; he has a lot of teams that are not going to be good ranked very high and some teams that are going to be good not ranked at all. 

This definitely looks like Upper/Lower Power Rankings - IMO 

If there's not feedback from  community it's by definition not a poll.

TKE 

On 2/25/2022 at 10:27 AM, RUNNINGMAN67 said:

These are my own opinion. Feel free to share your won. 

Big Schools 4A-6A

1. Picayune

2. West Jones

3. Petal

4. Ocean Springs

5. Gulfport

6. Laurel

7. Madison Central

8. Starkville

9. West Point

10. Poplarville

Small Schools 1A-3A

1. JDC

2. Scott Central

3. West Marion

4. North Forrest

5. Taylorsville

6. Bay Springs

7. Amory

8. Raleigh

9. Hazlehurst

10. Tylertown

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2022 at 11:38 AM, JagsFan77 said:

Brandon will be even better next year than last. West Point was the only good team Picayune beat last year. Some of y'all coast folks are oblivious to football in the rest of the state. Mediocre coast teams beating up other mediocre coast teams to boost their record isn't changing the minds of the rest of the state who demolish the coast teams year in and year out when the games actually matter in the playoffs. When the coast constantly has to make "coast rankings" because they can't compare to the rest of the state it's very telling. Don't be all in your feels because the rest of the state disagrees with you. 

I must have missed this post when I originally scrolled through this thread. Picayune isn’t like the rest of the coast schools. I’ve always looked at them in a different light. They’re much more physical up front and usually trot out a bunch of athletic kids. You don’t beat West Point without that sort of combination. They would put a beat down on a lot of teams in 6A right now. 

Edited by Dubaction

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Dubaction said:

I must have missed this post when I originally scrolled through this thread. Picayune isn’t like the rest of the coast schools. I’ve always looked at them in a different light. They’re much more physical up front and usually trot out a bunch of athletic kids. You don’t beat West Point without that sort of combination. They would put a beat down on a lot of teams in 6A right now. 

Dub, I don’t totally disagree with you, but just last year, Picayune got whupped good by d’Iberville, who then got dragged by Ocean Springs. I’m not saying that O.S. was that much better at the end of the year, but 6A teams did outplay them.  We’ll know a lot more after Picayune and O.S. play in a spring game this week. Kudos to both teams for playing against a team concept that gave them problems last year, especially with the Greyhounds trying to get better against the best rushing offense in the state. 

Edited by David

2 hours ago, David said:

Dub, I don’t totally disagree with you, but just last year, Picayune got whupped good by d’Iberville, who then got dragged by Ocean Springs. I’m not saying that O.S. was that much better at the end of the year, but 6A teams did outplay them.  We’ll know a lot more after Picayune and O.S. play in a spring game this week. Kudos to both teams for playing against a team concept that gave them problems last year, especially with the Greyhounds trying to get better against the best rushing offense in the state. 

If I was Picayune, I would limit the carries for those 2 stud running backs. No way I am going all out for a meaningless spring game. Same for Hubbard at Ocean Springs. No way if I am him will I take a chance on getting hurt my upcoming senior season.

10 hours ago, David said:

8 hours ago, Vott said:

If I was Picayune, I would limit the carries for those 2 stud running backs. No way I am going all out for a meaningless spring game. Same for Hubbard at Ocean Springs. No way if I am him will I take a chance on getting hurt my upcoming senior season.

Yep, Hubbard has been playing baseball, which a lot of people think will be his college route. I think that playing two sports makes athletes better overall in those sports. I could see him passing a good bit with several new receivers along with a couple of good ones coming back, but I can’t imagine him running much. Picayune has so many RBs, they could use the backups to get their Oline some work. Again, I’m glad to see O.S. at least trying to improve their run defense after getting gouged by O.G. in the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, Dubaction said:

And that’s fair….my point really is compared to the rest of the schools in their particular region they are usually the cream of the crop down there. And they actually win championships. 

They’ve been the cream of the Coast, such as it is, for years. At least they’re competitive in their class, and play the 6A teams to get ready for their division. I’m not sure what they lost on their Oline, but that backfield will be loaded. 

On 3/7/2022 at 2:54 PM, TK_on_the_Coast said:

This definitely looks like Upper/Lower Power Rankings - IMO 

If there's not feedback from  community it's by definition not a poll.

TKE 

West Marion, North Forrest  and Hazlehurst will not be ranked

11 hours ago, David said:

Yep, Hubbard has been playing baseball, which a lot of people think will be his college route. I think that playing two sports makes athletes better overall in those sports. I could see him passing a good bit with several new receivers along with a couple of good ones coming back, but I can’t imagine him running much. Picayune has so many RBs, they could use the backups to get their Oline some work. Again, I’m glad to see O.S. at least trying to improve their run defense after getting gouged by O.G. in the playoffs. 

What new receivers does O.S. have? I know they recruited a kid from Harrison Central, but I don't know what position he plays. 

24 minutes ago, RUNNINGMAN67 said:

What new receivers does O.S. have? I know they recruited a kid from Harrison Central, but I don't know what position he plays. 

I might have over spoken calling them new, but the ninth grade team had several good receivers playing last year. The varsity had four go to guys last year, and lost two of them. Those other two returning have received juco offers. The main transfers I’ve heard about are the two defensive players who will push to start. Understand that I’m in no way in a position to know inside information, but do try to keep my ears open. Probably won’t happen, but I’d love to see that we’ll recruited 9th grade QB get some run before the season is over for experience.