College Baseball Season

After the A&M sweep of MSU, A&M and Arkansas are tied for the #2 seed in the SECT. 

OM needs to, at least, win 1 next weekend and would be a NCAAT lock with a series win. A&M would likely lock down a host spot with a series win next weekend. 

Should be a good series in Oxford starting Thursday.

2 minutes ago, Insideradvantage said:

Incredible. Where has this been all year? 

It was kind of there before UT came to Oxford and beyotch slapped Ole Miss. That series seemed to put Ole Miss into a slump up until after MSU whipped Ole Miss in Oxford. 

Since the MSU visit, Ole Miss has won 9 of 11 SEC games... getting hot at the right time I hope. 

23 hours ago, rebmus said:

It was kind of there before UT came to Oxford and beyotch slapped Ole Miss. That series seemed to put Ole Miss into a slump up until after MSU whipped Ole Miss in Oxford. 

Since the MSU visit, Ole Miss has won 9 of 11 SEC games... getting hot at the right time I hope. 

My personal opinion is if you want to make an Omaha run, May is not really the time you want to peak. But that’s easy to say after State won a title last year despite getting annihilated in Hoover.

That said, OM’s only hope to salvage their season was to get red hot in May so it’s hard to complain about that at the moment.

The one thing I’ll say is that the OM pitching staff has really found its way since the State series and that has made an enormous difference. We’ll see how long it holds up but they played like a Top 10 team in Baton Rouge.

Ole Miss cancelled the game at Arkansas State tomorrow, which I was glad to see. I don't understand why that game was scheduled in the first place since it's a short week with all teams having a Thursday-Saturday series this coming weekend. Also, the SECT starts Tuesday with short rest again. 

On top of that, even IF Ole Miss won tomorrow night they'd drop in the RPI due to Arkansas State being so bad this season. 

Looking at Hoover scenarios, because of the Auburn-Bama rainout on Sunday, State’s only path to Hoover involves them winning a series against Tennessee. And even then they’d still need some help. So yeah… I would probably not worry about booking a hotel in Hoover next week if I was a State fan.

Ole Miss is going to finish somewhere in the middle of the pack and could have an interesting Tuesday game next week. Lose two or get swept this weekend and you might be in must win territory on Tuesday.

My gut says State wins one against a Tennessee team with nothing to play for and finishes at 10-20 in conference play with no Hoover. Ole Miss wins two at home against A&M and is something like the 7 or 8 seed in Hoover. Winning two also removes any doubt about them making the NCAAT.

Edited by Dawg83

Optimistic about State are we? Just kidding though I have no idea what might happen. Most likely we lose all three. But baseball is a fickle game and who knows, State could catch lightning in a bottle this weekend. 

Ole Miss sweeps A&M. They are playing well and A&M just is not that good. 

USM desperately needs a sweep over MTSU to get back in the hosting discussion. Hopefully they get it. 

46 minutes ago, Bulldogs4 said:

Ole Miss sweeps A&M. They are playing well and A&M just is not that good. 

USM desperately needs a sweep over MTSU to get back in the hosting discussion. Hopefully they get it. 

I hope you're correct about OM vs A&M but will add:

A&M is currently tied for second in the SEC at 17-10, OM is 13-14.

OM is #37 in RPI, A&M is #18.

A&M whipped MSU while MSU won 2 of 3 in Oxford. Piggyback, OM hasn't been that good at home and is good on the road... OM hosts A&M this weekend. 

IF I had to bet on it, I'd bet on A&M taking 2 of 3. OM sweeping sounds like a nice longshot bet. 

USM is #19 in RPI. Pull off a sweep and they're right back in the host discussion, I agree on that. 

• Like 1