Jump to content

Reclassification Could Occur As Soon as This Fall (22-23)


TK_on_the_Coast
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, MSSportsGuy said:

Again, not a fan and believe this will ultimately cause more travel issues and also water down competition, but it adds money to the association and that's the likely biggest reason. 

I would almost wager it is 100% the reason they did it. I do think it can ease the travel issues for some, but it will not be a fix all for travel. I do think it will create parity and there will be some great competition. However, I definitely can see how some see it as watered down. I was really high on this decision a few months back. The more I think on it, the less I like it, but I still think it has great potential overall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, coastfootballfanman said:

I would almost wager it is 100% the reason they did it. I do think it can ease the travel issues for some, but it will not be a fix all for travel. I do think it will create parity and there will be some great competition. However, I definitely can see how some see it as watered down. I was really high on this decision a few months back. The more I think on it, the less I like it, but I still think it has great potential overall. 

I think it's awesome. Very needed. I don't think there is a "watered down" competition component. It's still all the same schools playing each other. It's just not 1900 students vs 1000 students anymore which is roughly 450 more boys from the top of 6a to the bottom of it. This is strictly basing things off of football and such but you get the picture. If that's seen as a "watering down" then ok. I see it as more even playing fields which is the total opposite of "watered down." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chunky6617 said:

Raleigh I think turned in 281 for enrollment and is supposed to be dropping to 2A. I’m interested to see what schools like Forest, Enterprise Clarke, Union, and Wesson turned in for enrollment. 

3A

#3 Morton  436

#5 Forest.   428

both have a large 8th grade probably going 4a 479 and 486 with projected 2022 numbers

#39 Enterprise. 291

#40 Wesson  290

2A

#1 Union 290

#3 Raleigh. 286

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rebel Bert said:

3A

#3 Morton  436

#5 Forest.   428

both have a large 8th grade probably going 4a 479 and 486 with projected 2022 numbers

#39 Enterprise. 291

#40 Wesson  290

2A

#1 Union 290

#3 Raleigh. 286

I think they will have to split regions with Morton and Forest.  Those schools along I-20 in 2A/3A maybe going north if they keep 40 schools per region. SB Live says an average of 42 that may change things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Rebel Bert said:

3A

#3 Morton  436

#5 Forest.   428

both have a large 8th grade probably going 4a 479 and 486 with projected 2022 numbers

#39 Enterprise. 291

#40 Wesson  290

2A

#1 Union 290

#3 Raleigh. 286


You got a link to all those numbers? or at least for 2A and 1A? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Chunky6617 said:

Raleigh I think turned in 281 for enrollment and is supposed to be dropping to 2A. I’m interested to see what schools like Forest, Enterprise Clarke, Union, and Wesson turned in for enrollment. 

South 2A 2021 Enrollment 

1 Union 290

3 Raleigh 286

4 Wilkinson County 284

6 Amite County 281

7 Jefferson County  277

8 Pisgah 277

12 Scott Central  255

15 Heidelberg  246

17 Newton  245

18 Mize 245

19 Pelahatchie 242

20 St Joseph 241 ??? 

22 Velma Jackson 236

24 Lake 235

31 Philadelphia  225

32 Puckett 220

34 Collins 217

35 Loyd Star 217

36 North Forrest 215

38 West Lincoln  208

40 East Marion  204

 

3A South Enrollment 

1 St Stanislaus  442

3 Morton 436

4 Crystal Springs  430

5 Forest 428

7 Magee  413

8 Hazlehurst  409

10 Seminary  393

12 SE Lauderdale  391

14 JDC 386

16 Port Gibson 366

17 Franklin County  364

19 West Marion  360

26 OLA 332

27 McLaurin  330

28 Clarkdale 322

29 Tylertown  322

31 Kemper County  319

34 St Patrick  305

36 St Andrew's  300

38 Perry Central  294

39 Enterprise  291

40 Wessson 290

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Vott said:

I think if the numbers stay where they are Region 3 6a will consist of 

pearl

petal 

west jones 

natchez 

hattiesburg 

jim hill or forest hill

Hattiesburg

Petal

Brookhaven 

West Joned

Terry

Forest Hill

Pearl 7A

Natchez 5A

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rebel Bert said:

South 2A 2021 Enrollment 

1 Union 290

3 Raleigh 286

4 Wilkinson County 284

6 Amite County 281

7 Jefferson County  277

8 Pisgah 277

12 Scott Central  255

15 Heidelberg  246

17 Newton  245

18 Mize 245

19 Pelahatchie 242

20 St Joseph 241 ??? 

22 Velma Jackson 236

24 Lake 235

31 Philadelphia  225

32 Puckett 220

34 Collins 217

35 Loyd Star 217

36 North Forrest 215

38 West Lincoln  208

40 East Marion  204

 

3A South Enrollment 

1 St Stanislaus  442

3 Morton 436

4 Crystal Springs  430

5 Forest 428

7 Magee  413

8 Hazlehurst  409

10 Seminary  393

12 SE Lauderdale  391

14 JDC 386

16 Port Gibson 366

17 Franklin County  364

19 West Marion  360

26 OLA 332

27 McLaurin  330

28 Clarkdale 322

29 Tylertown  322

31 Kemper County  319

34 St Patrick  305

36 St Andrew's  300

38 Perry Central  294

39 Enterprise  291

40 Wessson 290

East Marion is consolidating with West Marion 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chunky6617 said:

Thanks 

Those numbers came with reclassification sheet they put out. I did some 8th grade checking and I think there will be some changes come October. I am projecting 3A will add Moss Point, Jefferson County and loose Morton, Forest, Clarkdale, St Andrew's, Enterprise. 3A Will loose the last 3 along with East Marion to 2A. Bogue Chitto, Bay Springs, Sebastopol will move up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chunky6617 said:

So if East Marion would have been the smallest 2A, who would have been the largest 1A? Because that’s who will have to take their spot since they are consolidating with West Marion

Myrtle but is that merger official

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rebel Bert said:

Mississippi Dept of Education  but the committee has the numbers

2 Bogue Chitto 201

4 Sebastopol 197

5 Bay Springs  196

6 Enterprise  193

8 Sacred Heart  193

14 Richton 183

17 Taylorsville  178

20 Stringer 171

24 Leake County  164

26 Lumberton  161

29 Resurrection  151

34 Salem 145

46 Mt Olive 108

50 Piney Woods 60

51 MSD 43

52 Williams 42 at Raymond

53 MSB 40

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Chunky6617 said:

So if East Marion would have been the smallest 2A, who would have been the largest 1A? Because that’s who will have to take their spot since they are consolidating with West Marion

Myrtle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, coastfootballfanman said:

Can you give a breakdown of what 5, 6, and 7A regions will look like since you’ve look at the most recent numbers this year? 

See the class 7A 6A, 5A, that I posted earlier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...