Reclassification Could Occur As Soon as This Fall (22-23)

TK_on_the_Coast

14 minutes ago, Mack said:

To be fair, Neaves is not quoted in that article that new system would go in place next year.  If I am remembering correctly, Neaves isn't quoted until the end of the article and he just talks about this being a better, more fair system.

Going back and looking it over, you are correct. I still stand by the fact that Tyler Cleveland would not have included that in the article (let alone in the 1st paragraph) if he was not told that or had it indicated to him. However, you are right. He is not specifically quoted as to saying it will happen in the 2022 season. 

1 hour ago, Mack said:

To be fair, Neaves is not quoted in that article that new system would go in place next year.  If I am remembering correctly, Neaves isn't quoted until the end of the article and he just talks about this being a better, more fair system.

image.thumb.png.7214e1d1189cec7b2073ade0b2083dd1.png

The above might not technically be a quote, but this is as close as you can get to a quote without it being a quote. 

2 hours ago, Vott said:

Im going to trust the football coaches that i asked while they were in the hospitality room at the basketball district tournament. 

In reality, we probably should not trust anyone because I doubt anyone outside of the executive committee really knows and those that do, probably are keeping it tight to the chest for now. 

On 2/9/2022 at 5:34 PM, coastfootballfanman said:

Correct. They released their article last Thursday. SBLive released theirs the next day on Friday. So that’s the great question. Who do you trust more? Lol 

I trust the 2 members of the Executive Committee that told me that this is probably going to pass, reclassification would take place in fall of 22, and play under the new 7 class system would begin in the fall of 23. Also was told that recalls would be grades 9-11.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pancho said:

That is exactly what I was told by the Principal of a High School. 

I was told it's going to pass with possibly 1 vote against. I was also told that it will take place in the fall of 2023. They have updated numbers. I am assuming that these are January 2022 numbers. He said they want to see the schools placed in regions come April meeting. This is from an executive committee man. 

5 hours ago, Rebel Bert said:

I was told it's going to pass with possibly 1 vote against. I was also told that it will take place in the fall of 2023. They have updated numbers. I am assuming that these are January 2022 numbers. He said they want to see the schools placed in regions come April meeting. This is from an executive committee man. 

Yes. And I think the updated numbers are to just give an approximate idea. The reclassification will still go off of October 22 numbers as in the past.

On 2/11/2022 at 9:09 PM, Former Coach said:

I trust the 2 members of the Executive Committee that told me that this is probably going to pass, reclassification would take place in fall of 22, and play under the new 7 class system would begin in the fall of 23. Also was told that recalls would be grades 9-11.

You’re obviously more connected to the situation than I am so I will take your word for it. Only question I have is why use grades 9-11 instead of 9-12? 

21 hours ago, Rebel Bert said:

Then you take the 8th-11th grade. That may be tough know Jackson middle schools actually feed more than 1 high school. But that can be taken care of in a few days.

There are several districts that 8th graders feed more than one high school. You don't know where those students are going until they actually enter the 9th grade.

14 minutes ago, Rebel Bert said:

Let's see

Let me rephrase that - the "numbers" usually are available for public consumption prior to reclassification from a source other than MHSAA, such as MDE 

They will not release any type of glimpse at regions prior to official release, this is what I originally meant to be clear 

3 minutes ago, TK_on_the_Coast said:

Let me rephrase that - the "numbers" usually are available for public consumption prior to reclassification from a source other than MHSAA, such as MDE 

They will not release any type of glimpse at regions prior to official release, this is what I originally meant to be clear 

Maybe they can release classes then. The person who posted the proposal may have those numbers. We may want to post our own region projections. 

54 minutes ago, Rebel Bert said:

Maybe they can release classes then. The person who posted the proposal may have those numbers. We may want to post our own region projections. 

If it's announced as planned and 7A-5A are at 24 each and 4A-2A divided evenly and the rest in 1A then projections can be made from there.  That is if 7A is to begin in 2023, which is what I expect.  I know there is some disagreement on when it will occur.