West Bolivar 2022 - 2023 Season Thread

IRONEagle

The regular season is approaching. IRONEagle athletics will bring you all the latest highlights, updates, etc.

The 5x State Champions of Rosedale for over 30 years have been recognized as the powerhouse of the Delta and one of the most storied programs 1A-6A of Mississippi.

The narrative of recent struggles and decline will change this season. When players were not allowed to workout, practice, or train as a team from November - April, we developed IE athletics so they could prepare for the season. It’s been a great journey and the future is so bright for these student athletes.  
This is the year of accountability. This isn’t just about wins or losses.
The student athletes at West Bolivar deserve a chance to have their skills showcased. 

For the first time ever in WBHS history weekly highlight films 🎥  and player (s) of the week selections will be posted to social media. I told you IRONEagle athletics is a movement!
No wonder multiple 2027, 2026, 2025, and 2024 athletes are joining IE athletics. 
Get your 🍿  ready. 

Edited by IRONEagle

IRONEagle Athletics update:

Before the start of the season this thread has just hit 7000 views. The 2nd highest viewed thread on MST! 

Also let me address this once, I didn’t say or suggest anything about players transferring to West Bolivar. I said kids joined our workout group that attend the school. Now I know people get on here and make baseless claims about West Bolivar lacking talent. So basically what you’re trying to say is talented players must be coming from other schools. That’s the problem I have with the lies being put on this program.

People who are adults always seem to have some kind of reason for wanting to see West Bolivar struggle and nobody gets blame for it outside of talking about the players. 
Well I know some players that didn’t play or participate in the spring have joined the team. Players that played in the spring had only maybe 8 practices or so after no workouts at all in the off-season. The players dedicated themselves this summer to improving and that’s the only thing worth focusing on heading into the season. 

10th most viewed on MST, but 10th is still pretty good.

Have you considered having attorney-drafted liability waivers for parents to sign to (hopefully) relieve you of any possible litigation arising should one of these kids get injured in your workout program? My understanding is that you have some kind of weightlifting/conditioning et al program that is not affiliated with the coaching staff or school, so that creates some potentially dangerous issues.

I mean, are you certified to teach weightlifting like with a NSCA or USAW certification? Are you BFA/CPR/AED certified? If not, you're taking an awfully big chance - not just on your person and any assets you may have, but also on the safety of any children that parents are entrusting you. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IRONEagle Athletics update: Today will mark the official start of our IE athletics 2022-2023 campaign. This summer has been busy with camps and workouts. After working with the parents of student athletes, this season we will provide coverage of multiple student athletes and teams in various sports.

Our social media branding is being enhanced behind the scenes and once we reveal our plans the platform will provide exposure for WBHS athletes that has not been seen in years.

After turning down a big offer to relocate and a separate offer to coach middle school athletics (3 times) over the summer, this seasons mission is about promoting the potential of homegrown talent that has been overlooked and forgotten that represents one of the most tradition rich football programs in the State of Mississippi. 

• 3 weeks later...

Made the drive over to attend West Bolivars meet the eagles… Great atmosphere and seems like the community was excited and enjoyed it… Team looks to have plenty of energy and kids are excited.. I look forward to watching a few games this year.. if they can hold on during those first 4 games and not get injured, they should be fine during district play… 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pistolpete said:

Made the drive over to attend West Bolivars meet the eagles… Great atmosphere and seems like the community was excited and enjoyed it… Team looks to have plenty of energy and kids are excited.. I look forward to watching a few games this year.. if they can hold on during those first 4 games and not get injured, they should be fine during district play… 

Please keep us updated MR Pistolpete.  thx

• 3 weeks later...

West Bolivar has the players to make a run for 1A North. With all the excitement and momentum going in West Bolivar favor after winning a scrimmage without the starting QB, the superintendent of all people cancels practice today due to weather.
There is no severe weather to be found in the AREA! Everyone is sitting here thinking what in the world is wrong with this districts leadership for the 7th time!!

This puts West Bolivar even more at a competitive disadvantage against Greenville Christian. GC has played two game already. If players are fatigued or get injured Friday night  this decision needs to be questioned by the parents and community leaders! 

Edited by IRONEagle